Priyal's dekha ek khwaab-article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Model-turned-actor Priyal Gor is indignant. "I have not seen the Princess Diaries. The basic concept of the serial Dekha Ek Khwaab is the transformation of an ordinary girl into a princess. Maybe there is some similarity with the film. But I don't think anyone can make a daily soap out of a two-hour film," she adds. Be that as it may, Priyal is hoping that the serial will break the jinx in her career. She's been a successful model but hasn't found the going quite so smooth in serials.

"You can't predict the future. Success and failure are in your destiny. But Dekha Ek Khwaab should work because it is not a typical daily soap," she goes on hopefully. Priyal was on a longish break from TV after her last show Ammaji Ki Gali went off air. "I was out of station when I got a call from the producer for this serial. I told them to mail me the script and I sent them a video of my audition. Then I heard from them that I was doing the serial," she smiles happily. She discloses a little about the character she plays in the show. Priyal says, "Monia is a simple girl who lives in a chawl and likes a boy who lives nearby called Akash. She dreams of becoming a princess and her dream comes true when she finds she's the long-lost daughter of a royal family." She adds some more details. "Actually she was kidnapped as a child. Once that gets revealed, Monia's life gets a complete makeover."

What happens to her love interest? "I really don't know whether and when Akash will come back into Monia's life," she says vaguely. Priyal accepted the role since she found the character simple and innocent. "I didn't want to play a hot babe or a typical bahu. Monia is a simple girl. I can easily identify with her," she says. Clarifying that she was not replaced in her debut show Ram Milayi Jodi but left of her own accord, Priyal says it was a mutual decision between her and the producer. "I had a problem with the producer. There were too many issues between us," she said.

Posted: 12 years ago
actually nearly everyone had heard of stories being inspired from a 'two hour film'

some time back a same format was started onstarplus too, exact copy of princess diary however it neverwas successful, this i wish fares better. they have tweaked it a little bit but the resemblance is there obvious. also frankly i really dont find the casting done right, the actress playing monia looks too old .

still hope for sonys sake it manages to fill in the gap of kbc well