Uk_Princez thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

hey guys

guys to u lot really think theres an al-qaeda, it jus doesn't seem right, i think Al-Qaeda is made up to give muslims bad name. cuz if der was al qeada den were was it b4 y did it jus turn up when da twin tower collapsed. and if dey did do it den y wud dey admitt to it, BUSH is jus a hypocrit tryin to giv a bad name to us muslim which i dnt like, bush goes on sayin he isn't racist but den y does he only suspect muslims same 4 tony when da bombing in london went on he blamed us muslims DER BOTH JUS MAKING PLANS AGIANST MUSLIMS SO DEY CAN TORTURE US

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
Actually, the al-Qaeda existed long before 9/11 ever took place.

From Wikipedia.org:

The origins of al-Qaeda can be traced to the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, when a cadre of non-Afghani, Arab Muslim fighters joined the largely United States and Pakistan-funded Afghan mujhidn anti-Russian resistance movement. Osama bin Laden, a member of a prominent Saudi Arabian business family, led an informal grouping which became a leading fundraiser and recruitment agency for the Afghan cause in Muslim countries; it channelled Islamic fighters to the conflict, distributed money and provided logistical skills and resources to both fighting forces and Afghan refugees.

After the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989 many committed veterans of the war wished to fight for Islamic causes elsewhere. The invasion and occupation of Kuwait by Iraq in 1990 saw US and coalition troops sent to Saudi Arabia in preparedness for expelling Iraqi occupying forces from Kuwait. Al-Qaeda was strongly opposed to the secular regime of Saddam Hussein and bin Laden had offered use of his fighters' services to the Saudi throne, but the deployment of 'infidel' forces to Islamic sacred territory was seen as an act of treachery by bin Laden. He placed the grouping in militant opposition to the United States and its allies. Al-Qaeda came to claim that the U.S. is oppressive toward Muslims citing U.S. support for Israel in the Arab-Israeli conflict, the US military presence in several Islamic countries (particularly Saudi Arabia) and latterly the 2003 invasion and occupation of Iraq, ("Iraq war") as reasons for militant action.

Basically it did not come out of thin air. The group did exist. I've also heard that Osama used to send faxes to offices in Saudi Arabia about revolting against the Americans in the 1990s.

About Bush's policy - I do not want to comment on it.

Edited by T. - 18 years ago
Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
AL-Qaeda were around long before sept. 11th--it's not something that's made up.
Uk_Princez thumbnail
nah but i still think Al-Qeada is made up...its all jus to prove muslims rong and dem rite 😡
SuperDuper01 thumbnail
Yeh i agree with u Uk_Princez.
They juz know how to give bad name to Ppl around them......
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
i dont doubt the existance of the group...itz jus tht after 9/11 it became a more famous (infamous is more like it) group....they r bad and what they r doing is bad and they the the cause of many stereotypes against Muslims..but I dont think itz a made up group...jus cuz itz givin Muslims a bad name dun mean tht itz made up...unfortunately ders alotta muslims out their huz actionz make da rest of da muslims luk bad and the muslimz of 2daiiz society dun need ne1 2 help them make thmselves luk bad...as sad as it is...itz da truth
euro_pakigal thumbnail
yes AL qaeda exists
but wait the 9/11 attacks we're not just al qaeda
on 9/11 all da flights we're stopped passengers from all over da world we're blocked and only 3 planes we're allowed to leave those planes had talibans/al qaeda on board they had permission to leave obviously americans we're wid dem they helped dem
if u dont no abt dis den u shud watch dat documentary on 9/11 createed by dat american i forgot his name but if u wanna know i will post his name and ull find out he made it on reality
pj04 thumbnail
does al-qaeda exist?.......it sure does. is its role in 9/11 a plot to defame muslims?......not really, that was just the side effect.wwere certain non muslims involved in the whole thing...we can speculate to death still will have no fullproof answer.
      i could not resist posting in this thread because this thread is an example of what most muslims around the world are feeling. i will try to be as politically correct as i can and do not intend to offend anybody's sensibilities.
     now for the issue on hand , why are muslims getting stereotyped and blamed for these terrorist activities.to understand this you have to go back centuries and understand the complex love-hate relationship between muslims and the rest of the world.
                generally speaking, muslims are considered to be very intolerant and staunch followers when it comes to faith and religion ( i see nothing wrong in it , infact it is an admirable trait). the reason for this is that muslims emerged as a group of people (tribes) living in very harsh environmental conditions with nothing else but thier faith and religion to hold them and bind them together as a community.thier staunch beliefs and intolerance(in initial stages) gave them reason to survive, compete and excel against rest of the world.
               then came the crusades(three of them ) and they impacted the relationship of christians and muslims forever(prejudices formed then are still surviving in passive forms in society).also the division of indian subcontinent into present day india and pakistan on the basis of religion and the bloodshed that followed has scarred the memories and thoughts of everyone in that area.the conclusion that everyone ended up with was that somehow islam is to blame for it(few people realise that crusades and division had little to do with religion and much more to do with the greed of few people in power and politics of the time). all this has fed into the stereotype.
                  fastforward to current times and that stereotype and prejudice is till prevailing. ofcourse it does not help that most global terrorist groups are islamic in nature(should not come as a surprise given that muslim is one of the religions with major following, many muslim countries still are battling with harsh natural conditions, the muslim countries in mideast are insanely rich due to oil(a very coveted commodity) and can fund any venture and the ancient religious ties have survived the test of time).
       so how do we solve the issue...it is going to take a lot of coolheadedness and resilience from everybody to even get started.when a terrorist group does something ,instead of calling it a muslim group, we need to call it a group of greedy antisocial people(which is what it is). also more awareness about the principles of the religion(which ironically was started to maintain peace and brotherhood between warring tribes) and the rich culture of muslim world should be promoted. while i understand the frustation and anger of the muslims around the world and sympathise with it, i strongly believe that instead of taking the hate of others wrongfully directed at them personally, muslims should understand how the stereotypes came to be and work at dispelling them (instead of violently protesting against it and actually proving the prejudices right)