Ahem and love: transforming Ahem

Posted: 12 years ago
Today's Ahem and love looks at the transforming Ahem as seen when he was amongst his family members resolving his situation.

Whilst Kinjal was attempting to plot against Dhaval but Gopi took the blame, her plan was no different to her previous kalakaris she did to Gopi before her marriage. This scene parallels earlier ones where she carried through her kalakari and won. The reason she won was that Gopi took the blame and did not say anything in her defence making Koki scold Gopi to no end and Ahem venting his anger at her.

This time Gopi responded to Koki's question and said that in future she will take greater care of Ahem's belongings. Koki reaffirmed in a pleasant tone that she will have to take care of his things well and that she should not make the mistake again.

Ahem watched this unfolding in front of him and unlike like previous instances he said nothing at all to Gopi, including not saying goodbye. It reflects that he may be in thinking mode hearing this.

He knows her much better than those earlier days. He certainly saw his sister's venomous attitude to this situation and knows where the fault squarely lies as his facial expressions with his flaring nostrils gave this away.

As Kinjal is unaware of the development of relationships in the MM household, ie Koki and Gopi and Ahem and Gopi, will she fall into her own future failed kalakaris plotted for Gopi whereby Ahem will be able to see right through her? 
Res

Edited..

Hey Swasthi, another excellent point of view.

I agree with you on Kinjal and her part in the whole situation, but there were hidden messages in the words in the advice that Koki gave to Gopi regarding Ahem's things.

First let me address the Kinjal issue, she will now make plans to take revenge on Gopi also, just because Gopi stood up to her today. So there will be more opportunity for him to notice his sister's behavior towards his wife.

I believe Koki has been witness to Ahem's changing behavior ever since Ahem volunteered to educate Gopi himself. It became more noticeable on Janmasthami, when he went to help her, then again when he asked her to give medicine for cold, on Diwali when he helped her with the diyas and prevented her from falling, and finally his behavior early that morning.

I think Koki was trying to convey message to both Gopi and Ahem after observing them of late, for Gopi to take care of him and his things, and for him to let his wife know of his needs and let her take care of him and his things.

He did not show any outward reaction, but the message was received. Ahem loves his mom and he does not want to hurt her in any way, he may feel that if he starts asking Gopi for everything, leaving his mom out, may hurt her, so when Koki is around he doesn't look to Gopi for anything, but today he got his mom's stamp of approval, she let him know in not so many words that it is okay for him to let his wife take care of him and his things. He will ponder on this, and we won't know if he took his mom's advice or not, until the next time he needs something.

As for Koki, she may have noticed his awkwardness also earlier, and thought may be she needs to convey a message to him that it is ok for him to let go of her pallu and hole his wife's, just like Nani had told him on his earlier visit. He has already started to do this when they are alone, but not he needs to do this in front of the family also.

Edited by sbp1971 - 12 years ago
Well today I had seen a Ahem who was there & still not there...
1) After crossing the initial barriers in their relationship...& he speaking to Gopi in the morning about his shirt, he still called for his mom...
2) When Kokilla asked Gopi about the watch...he was suprised...I mean both of them are room mates...that will b the logical question...
3) When he walked away he did not tell her either verbally / non-verbal that he was leaving...neither did he glance at her...if he did...it would have given her support though he does not know the kalakaari , it would have strengthen their relationship..In fact Gopi did look at him while he was leaving...

The things which he has done differently are

1) he has not shouted on her...infact at one point when his mom was scolding he had his head done...
2) Did he feel taken back that Gopi did not take care of his things & thats the reason he did not even glance at her when leaving...
Edited by navyab - 12 years ago
Originally posted by CHIKA784

Loved it Swashti,your amazing!😛

You are welcome Chika.
Not only is your analysis spot on as usual but you also bring a new perspective and insight to the episode ... thanks ðŸ˜‰
Originally posted by navyab

Well today I had seen a Ahem who was there & still not there...
1) After crossing the initial barriers in their relationship...& he speaking to Gopi in the morning about his shirt, he still called for his mom...
2) When Kokilla asked Gopi about the watch...he was suprised...I mean both of them are room mates...that will b the logical question...
3) When he walked away he did not tell her either verbally / non-verbal that he was leaving...neither did he glance at her...if he did...it would have given her support though he does not know the kalakaari , it would have strengthen their relationship..In fact Gopi did look at him while he was leaving...

The things which he has done differently are

1) he has not shouted on her...infact at one point when his mom was scolding he had his head done...
2) Did he feel taken back that Gopi did not take care of his things & thats the reason he did not even glance at her when leaving...

I disagree with your first three points here (this is a copy and paste from your post on Ahem disappointed me on 3 counts)

Ahem alone with Gopi in their bedroom is becoming very comfortable with her. In MM household amongt the family he is guarded with his behaviour towards her.

Here are my reasons:

1. Yes, having spent a happy moment with her in their room it was perfect. In the family arena in the lounge his mum took the role as being the central point to converse with as he still holds her to be the head for him.

2. He did not need her to check the room again when he said that he has done so.

3. Agree, he did not say goodbye to her because he sensed in her response to his mum that perhaps it was a mistake from her part. Further his mum did not show resentment or anger to her actions.

I agree with you on the two points that he did do differently. A further point to note is that this situation has left him thinking to what Gopi said.
yeah I too felt bad that Ahem did not behave as the way he needs to behave today. but wait a sec, he is still not able to say against his mom. it is not his habit to go against his mom yet. but i think he did feel disappointed when gopi carried the blame. and coming to wishing his mom good bye, i think it naturally happens. he need not tell good bye to gopi to make her understand his feelings. he is already expressing his feelings to her in many different ways. he know she is his. so no need for any formalities. that is the beauty of wife-husband relationship. you need not do anything explicit.
so i dont have any complaints on ahem today.
Great analysis swasthi, i really liked the amount of thought you put into your writting, i also agree with the fact that its a bit too early for Ahem to speak up in front of Koki because hes a mummys boy!!
thanks for the wonderful analysis!!to be honest i was a bit confused with his behavior...wasn't sure whether he was upset or shy...he should have atleast looked at her while leaving.