Ahem and love: transforming Ahem - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by sbp1971

Res

Edited..

Hey Swasthi, another excellent point of view.

I agree with you on Kinjal and her part in the whole situation, but there were hidden messages in the words in the advice that Koki gave to Gopi regarding Ahem's things.

First let me address the Kinjal issue, she will now make plans to take revenge on Gopi also, just because Gopi stood up to her today. So there will be more opportunity for him to notice his sister's behavior towards his wife.

I believe Koki has been witness to Ahem's changing behavior ever since Ahem volunteered to educate Gopi himself. It became more noticeable on Janmasthami, when he went to help her, then again when he asked her to give medicine for cold, on Diwali when he helped her with the diyas and prevented her from falling, and finally his behavior early that morning.

I think Koki was trying to convey message to both Gopi and Ahem after observing them of late, for Gopi to take care of him and his things, and for him to let his wife know of his needs and let her take care of him and his things.

He did not show any outward reaction, but the message was received. Ahem loves his mom and he does not want to hurt her in any way, he may feel that if he starts asking Gopi for everything, leaving his mom out, may hurt her, so when Koki is around he doesn't look to Gopi for anything, but today he got his mom's stamp of approval, she let him know in not so many words that it is okay for him to let his wife take care of him and his things. He will ponder on this, and we won't know if he took his mom's advice or not, until the next time he needs something.

As for Koki, she may have noticed his awkwardness also earlier, and thought may be she needs to convey a message to him that it is ok for him to let go of her pallu and hole his wife's, just like Nani had told him on his earlier visit. He has already started to do this when they are alone, but not he needs to do this in front of the family also.

Many thanks Shilpa.

Kokila has been doing much in public by both signalling their actions through using her eyes and of late in her hidden messages she gives through her dialogue to them. This time she again nudged them that they have the green light. I too look forward to the coming episodes to see these being put into practice without him getting her permission.
Originally posted by uamaz

Not only is your analysis spot on as usual but you also bring a new perspective and insight to the episode ... thanks ðŸ˜‰

Your comments are much appreciated.
Great analysis Swasthi!!

Ahem is much more comfortable with Gopi in private for now rather than public. He is a reserved person anyway so it makes sense that he'd speak to his mum rather than Gopi, although he'd already spoken to her earlier in the day.
The same with saying goodbye. He always says bye to his mum but very rarely to Gopi especially not around other people. So there are still a lot of steps for Ahem to take.
The circumstances just before he left weren't exactly conducive for romance anyway. He was irritated although thankfully not at Gopi.
loved your analysis  😃

I liked ahem's reactions today. They were human and understandable. He might have felt a little disappointed when gopi took the blame on herself but being disappointed means that he thought better of her. He believed she wouldn't do such mistake and that shows that he has gone a long way from his past behaviour in which he insulted gopi as being useless and good for nothing. Now he knows her worth. Thats great, isn't it.
I don't get the big deal that he didn't say bye to Gopi specially. Of course he had to say bye to his mother. Just imagine he would have said bye to gopi as well wouldn't he have to say bye to everyone else standing there as well aka hetal and the witch (kinjal)
wow once again a nice post for the not so Gohem scene... i was waiting for ur post to read ur analysis of the whole scene (which is not a Gohem scene though)... and here u go bang on...

- when koki said gopi to take care of ahem's things in a proper manner he just looked at Gopi...  previously he would not have allowed his mom to even  say this... 
-i think in the whole scene which stood out for me is koki telling ahem and gopi that henceforth gopi should be taking care of ahem and his needs and his things... she is indirectly telling them to go ahead as husband and wife and from now on ask ur wife for anything else
- when koki said there is nail paint on the watch he still did not say anything... the previous Ahem would have
blasted gopi and said mom please tell her not to touch any of his things...
- he even might have observed that she is telling a lie to defend someone... ...

- one other thing in the scene is he could have seen the difference between his sis and wife,,,,
on one hand kinjal is trying to frame her own husband before his in-laws and his wife Gopi as usual is trying to defend someone which she does for any one...

- munni

Nice analysis Swasthi. I also did not feel disappointed with Ahem today. It is good that he did not show resentment at Gopi for not taking care of his things. His anger was entirely directed at Kinjal, as he was giving that angry look at Kinjal when Kokila was scolding her. Kokila was  mild with Gopi today. He never say good bye to Gopi when other people are around, but lately he gives a meaningful look at her in such situations, it didnt happen yesterday. Let's see if this incident affected Ahem negatively in today's episode. I am sure he is not unhappy with Gopi for this watch incident.
Originally posted by swasthi

I disagree with your first three points here (this is a copy and paste from your post on Ahem disappointed me on 3 counts)

Ahem alone with Gopi in their bedroom is becoming very comfortable with her. In MM household amongt the family he is guarded with his behaviour towards her.

Here are my reasons:

1. Yes, having spent a happy moment with her in their room it was perfect. In the family arena in the lounge his mum took the role as being the central point to converse with as he still holds her to be the head for him.

2. He did not need her to check the room again when he said that he has done so.

3. Agree, he did not say goodbye to her because he sensed in her response to his mum that perhaps it was a mistake from her part. Further his mum did not show resentment or anger to her actions.

I agree with you on the two points that he did do differently. A further point to note is that this situation has left him thinking to what Gopi said.

I mean after talking to Gopi directly in front of his mother & dhawal in the morning about the shirt...thou most of the communication which had happened initally thru his mom...mayb I expected him to atleast address both of them...

Yeah when he left he did not say bye...another take of mine is mayb he felt guilty for creating a scene when it was not required...but I still fell that yes he would have shocked everyone if told Gopi bye in front of everyone but what about non-verbal communication...they have been using it & understanding each other ...so just a simple glance would have been sufficient... even before his mom has advised them today both have been supporting each other...so will it be in open now ?? What kind of impression this incident has left on him & his relationship is what I want to see...he has been uncommunicative with Gopi during the incident so will he come back home & make it up for it or will he leave it a lose end ... 
Great analysis as usual Swashti! Always enjoy reading your take on things.

I have a feeling Aham knows that Gopi did not mess the watch up. He knows she takes good care of his things. Remember how he watched her re-arrange his clothes in the wardrobe. And he knows she is not careless. He has been observing her long enough to know her better than that.

He is angry at Kinjal. And that anger is going to grow more as the days go by. All we need is another scene where Kinjal says Gopi something within Aham's hearing and he will let her have it. Kinjal has mis-read the situation totally and assumes that everything at MM is the same as when she left. She will learn the hard way that things have changed. And she is now an outsider. 

Originally posted by faayey

Great analysis swasthi, i really liked the amount of thought you put into your writting, i also agree with the fact that its a bit too early for Ahem to speak up in front of Koki because hes a mummys boy!!

You are welcome and many thanks for your comments.