Debate Mansion

M.F.Hussain’s nudes - Hindu tolerance !!

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
rediff.com
http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/feb/07nude.htm

M F Husain booked for his paintings of nude gods

February 07, 2006 01:52 IST

Several right wing Hindu organisations have raised a cry against Husain's series of paintings depicting Hindu gods and goddesses in the nude.

The Hindu

http://www.hindu.com/2006/02/09/stories/2006020910150500.h tm

ADILABAD: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and the Hindu Samaj Utsav Samiti (HSUS), Adilabad, threatened to launch protests if noted painter M.F. Hussain was not arrested and the Padmashri and Padmabhushan awards were not withdrawn immediately. Their other demand was to declare him a 'traitor' as he had painted Bharat Mata in the nude. The Hindu organisations said that the painter had once again denigrated Hindu gods and goddesses by painting them in the nude.
---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------ ---------------------- --------------

As i was reading these articles , i thought people are blashphemous all the time !! Whether its towards Hinduism , Islam, Christians , Buddhism.
The West and the Islamic Countries like Saudi Arabia , Iran , Syria  have openly shown Blashphemy more than once .

I personally am against any kind of Blashphemy , and condone such incidents . But i also condone violence in the name of religon in every circumstance .

I am personally glad that this M.F.Hussain did not snow ball into an international incident or an incident where the whole Muslim community was blamed due to Mr.Hussains insenstive blashphemous paintings .

Also the Hindu community has been mocked regulary by the West , but Hindus have shown nothing but tolerance !! Is this acceptable ?????????
Please see this link for the famous insults :
http://www.hinduhumanrights.org/hindufocus/hindufocus.htm

What are your comments !!
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweet freedom thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aparna

rediff.com
http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/feb/07nude.htm

M F Husain booked for his paintings of nude gods

that is disgusting, how could they
Morgoth thumbnail
The paintings didn't just depict nudity, but bestiality too. 🤢

Hope M. F. Hussain is punished appropriately as per the law.

I'm also glad that it hasn't turned violent as of yet. Let's hope it stays that way and that the extremists dont make it a part of their rioting agenda.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: T.

The paintings didn't just depict nudity, but bestiality too. 🤢

Hope M. F. Hussain is punished appropriately as per the law.

I'm also glad that it hasn't turned violent as of yet. Let's hope it stays that way and that the extremists dont make it a part of their rioting agenda.

I personally don't expect India and the Hindus to riot over this and make it a Hindu- Muslim issue . I personally do feel that Indians are a tolerant lot !  And an average Hindu is not a zealous fanatic . Yes there is the Bajrang Dal , VHS , Shiv Sena and some other Hindu Extremist Political Parties , but the average -Hindu Janta is not fanatical about their religon ! Thank god !!😛

I personally am glad M.F.Hussain with drew his painting from his auction and i personally don't need to see him punished.

Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: goth princess

that is disgusting, how could they

Its not "they" .....only M.F.Hussain !!😛
Kay Kay thumbnail
M.F. Hussain has been using his artistic freedom to depict Indian goddesses in the buff for years now and getting away with it, all because of the average Hindu's, high level of tolerence. Infact, I find the Hindu religion the most accomodating of most religions. This is my personal view.

Coming back to M.F. Hussain and his drawings of Hindu dietys in the buff, I wonder if it ever occured to him that by such depiction he in reality, is treading on flare terrain and stoking passion flames amongst followers of the religion.
Morgoth thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Aparna_BD

I personally don't expect India and the Hindus to riot over this and make it a Hindu- Muslim issue . I personally do feel that Indians are a tolerant lot !  And an average Hindu is not a zealous fanatic . Yes there is the Bajrang Dal , VHS , Shiv Sena and some other Hindu Extremist Political Parties , but the average -Hindu Janta is not fanatical about their religon ! Thank god !!😛

I personally am glad M.F.Hussain with drew his painting from his auction and i personally don't need to see him punished.

Average people of any religion never make rioting a part of their agenda. They have other things to do. Only the extremists and certain people in power do so.

Morgoth thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Kay Kay

M.F. Hussain has been using his artistic freedom to depict Indian goddesses in the buff for years now and getting away with it, all because of the average Hindu's, high level of tolerence. Infact, I find the Hindu religion the most accomodating of most religions. This is my personal view.

Coming back to M.F. Hussain and his drawings of Hindu dietys in the buff, I wonder if it ever occured to him that by such depiction he in reality, is treading on flare terrain and stoking passion flames amongst followers of the religion.

I guess he wants to see how far he can go in "expressing" himself without creating any violent protests. 😛

Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: T.

Average people of any religion never make rioting a part of their agenda. They have other things to do. Only the extremists and certain people in power do so.

Just like KayKay said Hindus are a very tolerant community . They have regularly tolerated attacks on their gods with out making an issue about it . An average Hindu isn't a fervant Hindu . An average Hindu is a moderate ,the Extremist are a minority in number and usually connected to a party .
Hinduism is always attacked example the U.K bases Harrod designer that made the news for having Lord Ganesha on the underwear . Also the energy drink that had Lord Shiva on it !!!!! I personally saw that advertisement last year in the local Newspaper , it made it to popular news ...........only for 1 days protest !!Also the author of "Holy Cow"Sarah Macdon(who bitched about India in her book ) had Lord Shiva wearing Sunglasses on the Cover. The French designer that hindu gods on the slippers and bikini- Robert Cavali .

The site below are the typical famous attacks on Hinduism !!

http://www.hinduhumanrights.org/hindufocus/hindufocus.htm

This is what i mean that the majority Hindu ignores these attacks !

Same goes for M.F.Hussain's painting , they are cheap .............but the Hindus are tolerant .........lucky for him !!!
Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
Bluejassmine thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hinduism is the first religion and then other religion come apart from it, yaa lot of people have attacked hindusim this days, and they are getting aways with it. Lot's have been quite tolerate about it, but they really don't think to raise their voice like (as a example Pakistan) countries telling everybody "Bycot the Products of Norway,Holland,Denmark & Switzerland on Publishing the Cartoon image of Rasool Allah(PBUH),Naauzbillah.Products like,Telenor,Philips& Nestle etc.Prove ur LOVE to RASOOL ALLAH(PBUH). Play ur part of farward this maseg to others,HUM APNAY RASOOL (PBUH) K NAAM PER QURBAN ( this is kinda thing I got everyday) Hindus din;'t usually say anything cause they its their faith on gods and if people tell anything abt their god nothing going to change except some hot arguments over some nude pictures, and mf hussain draw that picture which show he definitely not respecting other religion and it's his problem.