IPKKND: Temporary Insanity Thread 1: Parts 1 - 11

Posted: 12 years ago
Note I retain sole ownership of all these works of fiction so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own on India Forums or anywhere else.

Please send me a Buddy Request for future PMs and read all my other work at my INDEX.

Temporary Insanity

'I know Manorama doesn't like Khushi or her family but she will just have to get used to her new daughter-in-law as I had to get used to her.'

Arnav stopped in his tracks in the hallway as he heard Nani speak. Daughter-in-law? Khushi? He and Khushi hadn't even admitted their feelings to one another and Nani and Di were already planning their wedding?

'But Nani, do you think Mami will be able to...'

'No Anjali, Manorama's feelings don't matter. The only thing that matters is Akash's happiness. He loves her and that is all I'm concerned with. Manorama will just have to get over her prejudice towards the family.'

Arnav felt as if the ground beneath him had just disappeared. Akash was in love with Khushi? And Nani was planning Akash and Khushi's wedding? He wondered if Khushi knew about this. Something had definitely changed between them recently and even though neither of them had admitted anything Arnav had been completely sure that Khushi reciprocated his feelings.

'Even I want Akash to be happy Nani, but not like this. And I thought you said you wouldn't let Akash get married before Chote?'

'Well Chote hasn't even considered getting married since he got rid of that Miss Kashyap and we can't wait forever. She's a young pretty intelligent girl, there'll be hundreds of people lined up for her. We need to move fast. By the way, did you speak to Khushi today Anjali?'

'Yes Nani, she said she would talk to her family tonight and let me know if they agreed.'

Arnav stopped breathing and froze in place. Khushi knew? Khushi was going to ask her parents for their agreement? He'd spoken to her only this morning and all she'd blathered on about was her Buaji's newest criticism of her, some film she wanted to see and how hungry she was. Arnav didn't wait to hear anymore of Di and Nani's conversation and stormed past them without acknowledging their greetings and locked himself in his room.

Akash loved Khushi and he wanted to marry her? And Khushi was fine with this? After his Di if there was anyone in his family that Arnav was concerned with it was Akash but this was just impossible. How could Akash marry Khushi? His Khushi? Because that's what she was, that's what Arnav had thought of her as for longer than he could account for. She couldn't have agreed to marry Akash, she just couldn't have.

He pulled out his phone and rang her while still pacing his room impatiently. It rang for almost a minute before she picked it up. 'Hello, Khushi?'

'Arnavji? Is something wrong?'

She seemed too happy, it seemed incongruous with what he'd just overheard. 'No, I just wanted to ask you...'

'If it's not important I can't talk now Arnavji, I'm talking with Amma and Babuji about the wedding! We're all so excited. I'll see you tomorrow and we can talk then!'

She cut off the phone leaving Arnav still with his mouth open midway through his sentence. There was definitely something wrong here. He couldn't have been that mistaken about Khushi's feelings. As far as he knew she and Akash had barely even interacted with each other, how could they be in love with each other?

Arnav spent all night trying to understand what was happening and trying to remove the images in his brain of Akash and Khushi getting married. It was almost 4 in the morning before he sat up, finally having reached the answer that should have been so blindingly obvious to him almost 10 hours ago. He was so thankful Di had made him watch so many movies when they were younger. It was just like Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, obviously Khushi thought she was marrying him, even though Nani was arranging her wedding with Akash. That's why she was happy! Arnav felt relief wash over him as he lay back on the bed with a small smile.

He sat up again suddenly. There was still the problem of Akash being in love with Khushi. Arnav shrugged it off though, that could be sorted easily. As soon as Akash realised that Khushi didn't love him back and that it was Arnav she should be with he would step back like a good brother. Yes, that's exactly what happened in Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and that's exactly what was going to happen tomorrow.

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

Part 10

Part 11

Thread 2

Edited by nayika - 12 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raspberrytorte thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Woow amazing really good xxx
-JollyJabeen- thumbnail
Loved it,its funny and cute😆
HaRul-lover thumbnail
Si cuteee arnav
Update soon dear
simbel thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail + 2
Love it... Arnav's silly ponderings at night - so damn funny! ðŸ˜†
Looking forward to seeing it unfold, if you decide to continue this track.
hkhb17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
loved it!!!! cant wait for the next part...nani and anjali will be in for a surprise!!!!
desisweetheart9 thumbnail
loved it. like that Arnav is thinking about Hum Aapke Hain Kaun. 
AquaBluez17 thumbnail
🤣 🤣 gosh Shueyy! you always come up w. the best things! I loved this yaar. I suggest FF category asap.

poor ASR so confusedd! I love tht movieee! esp the song didi tera dewaar! Soo good!!
anyway continueee soon
tinsel thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
So Cute and Funny,update soon,Thanks dear🤗
nyxx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awww Poor and cutee Arnav! I loved his trail of thoughtss and then, thinking about the storyline of Hum apke hain kaun? LOOOL! Oh Nayika, only you could think off something likee thisss LOL! But loveddd it like alwaysss! Continuee soon =)

- Dee