Debate Mansion

Should Hate Groups in U.S get freedom!!??

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I was watching this programme on CNN about the Neo Nazi , White Supremacist groups like the Klu Klux Clan . They were showing a video of the Klu Klux clan recent meeting and an interview with the a very important member of this group !!

As some of you know these hate groups too have the freedom to preach hate in a rally on the streets , have concerts preaching White Supremacy in the U.S & U.K !!
 Infact two years ago in my city in the downtown there was a rally by the White Supremacists group , although it went peacefull , but it was plain scary to see these people taking to the Streets and preaching all White America !!

As we have seen how much the West values "freedom of speech" !! This is one irony , in one way there is freedom of speach on the other side such hate groups that have a disturbing effect on any one - especially a non- White !! What are your thoughts ???

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sowmyaa thumbnail
I think this is very sad. Definition of Freedom of Speech can be streched as much as one can. This definition "freedom of speech" is given by west and they can play with that as much as they want and can extend as per "their" tolerance. So I think this "freedom of speech" is just for the sake of country's benefit and it can be changed and laws can me changed when it start hurting "majority" of that country. I really can't believe that in today's world they let such kind of rally happen in a city. On one hand we have America talking about equality, equal opportunity employer, no racism, no discrimination voice and on other hand they don't stop such rally is very hypocrat. I think if they allow such rallies on public street that means it is being supported by government. They have to take special permission for such rallies and I think they should be banned in public places.

However, the clan you are talking about is almost extinct now ..the original one. and there aren't many followers and its not much encouraged group. In day to day life people are not comfy talking about such groups, but to teach small children about it is just disturbing and its like teaching evil to children and take over their thinking before they can think themselves. It's similar to what we had debate about earlier..."Operation Blue Star" ....its not good to teach kids to become extremist that's the worst thing.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sowmyaa

I
However, the clan you are talking about is almost extinct now ..the original one

No Soumya they aren't extinct at all , they showed the latest video of their meeting and interviewed this 22 year guy who is their senior member !! It creeped me out !!! They wore the famous white hoods that the Klu Klux clan is associated with !! and did a Catholic prayer and then shouted out white Supremacy slogans !! Sadly the new generation is taking them forward !!
Morgoth thumbnail
Freedom of speech should not include hate speech. Don't know how they allow this kind of stuff - isn't it racist?

the Klan isn't extinct, but still exists in small pockets in some parts of the US and Canada too.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: T.

Freedom of speech should not include hate speech. Don't know how they allow this kind of stuff - isn't it racist?

the Klan isn't extinct, but still exists in small pockets in some parts of the US and Canada too.

Ya i agree with you .
 But it seems that they may not have a law against "hate" speach . 2 years ago in my city when the White Supremacist did a rally in downtown , they apparently took permission to do a peacefull March and promised they won't break any law . They were allowed , although the African Americans had rioted that day , but apparently the Neo Nazis had stayed non - violent .

I wonder if Al- Quaeda members decided to do a rally and march down the streets shouting slogans that said "death to America" how would the Americans react then ??Would they still let their be a freedom of speach ??
Morgoth thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Aparna_BD

Ya i agree with you .
 But it seems that they may not have a law against "hate" speach . 2 years ago in my city when the White Supremacist did a rally in downtown , they apparently took permission to do a peacefull March and promised they won't break any law . They were allowed , although the African Americans had rioted that day , but apparently the Neo Nazis had stayed non - violent .

I wonder if Al- Quaeda members decided to do a rally and march down the streets shouting slogans that said "death to America" how would the Americans react then ??Would they still let their be a freedom of speach ??

good question! they would probably call it "terrorism". 😆

Kay Kay thumbnail
Everyone has a right to be 'WRONG'. And this right has seen the KKK survive for long. But what should reign supreme is the law of the land and the US has enough laws that gurantee personal freedom as well as personal protection to all its citizens.
jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: T.

good question! they would probably call it "terrorism". 😆

which reminds me of a joke which goes

A man was taking a walk in Central park in New York. Suddenly he sees a little girl being attacked by a pit bull dog . He runs over and starts fighting with the dog. He succeeds in killing the dog and saving the girl's life.

A policeman who was watching the scene walks over and says: "You are a hero, tomorrow you can read it in all the newspapers: "Brave New Yorker saves the life of little girl"

The man says: - "But I am not a New Yorker!"

"Oh then it will say in newspapers in the morning: 'Brave American saves life of little girl' " The policeman answers.

"But I am not an American!" - says the man.

"Oh, what are you then? " The police-man asks.

The man says: - "I am a Pakistani"

The next day the newspapers says: "Islamic extremist kills innocent American dog".

we may laugh at this as a joke and the american attitude, but honestly it needs thinking! hate speech, hate mail, hate web sites are all bad and should be banned.  they may be there for a cause, but no cause should permit harrasment and death to others!

sowmyaa thumbnail
Jasunap....perfect joke... 👏 I did feel like laughing, at the Irony of it!