DNA: Dont understand reality shows-Aroona

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I don't understand reality shows!

Actor Aruna Irani talks about her long innings on TV

Prachi Kadam

At a time, when actors half her age are finding it difficult to sustain themselves in this highly volatile industry, veteran actor Aruna Irani is one of the few names, that've been actively associated with TV for more than 12 years now. Both acting and production have been on her agenda from the beginning. However having seen the tsunami-sized transition that the television business has encountered in recent times, Aruna refuses to refer to TV as 'small screen'. "What is small about TV today? Literally even the sizes of TV screens have magnified! And the kind of money that TV has today it has made the A-list film actors join it! In fact, soon TV will compete with films! I still can't understand why it is being called small screen!" she says.
TV clearly seems Aruna's favourite medium. "I came when TV as a medium was in its nascent stages," she reveals. "So, I saw the whole makeover it went through in the last 12 years. Apart from reality shows, I feel TV has done extremely well and will only grow bigger. As for reality shows I just don't understand their funda and strangely they don't even seem real to me. But as far as serials go, I am very happy to do a prominent role in a TV serial rather than do a film with hardly three-four scenes. However, many then A-list actresses still do such trivial roles!" 
Caravan's graceful dancer, is currently playing Rajmata Mrinalini in Dekha Ek Khwab. "It's a huge responsibility and for me its a special feeling as it's for the second time I will be part of a show that replaces KBC. Earlier too, when I did Desh Mein... it too had taken KBC's slot and the show did well. Here too the show's name starts with the letter D and I feel that it's a sign that the show will do well. As for my role, I'm very excited, as I have been a fan of Queen Elizabeth since my young days," adds Irani. 
[email protected]

Copyright Permission     www.3dsyndication.com      

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nightingale- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Aroona ji ...the reality show is the show where they make a script but make us feels its real...opps I know what will u say that is what happens in soaps 😆
Ziva01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thxs for sharing Tanu...love Aroonaji such a talented actor