•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Rupali says no to marriage

• November 26, 2011
Rupali says no to marriage

Her parents want her to settle down, but Rupali Ganguly says she is not yet ready for marriage. Having been in a relationship that ended a few years ago, Rupali is not commitment phobic either. "I am not saying I will not get married. But with marriage you lose the freedom you have in your parents' home. That's what scares me. Still I am open to marriage though I know there is no perfect man in this world. But he should be perfect for me," she elaborates. Her father, a veteran film-maker of the '70s, has never been happy with Rupali's work on TV.

"My father is my strongest critic. He didn't like me in one of the K shows because there were too many characters in it. He didn't like me playing a negative character in Sanjeevani. But when I did Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai he thought I could act. But now he is happy that I am playing a married woman and mother of three kids," laughs Rupali who is playing Pinky in Parvarish.

Says Rupali, "Pinky is low on self- esteem which throws her from one extreme to another. She gets influenced very easily. But she is a friendly mother to her kids." Incidentally, Vishal Singh who was her co-star in Rupali's debut show Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin 12 years ago, is playing her husband in Parvarish. "I used to be in awe of Vishal and was very excited about being paired in a romantic lead with him. Now I am playing his wife. So at least in reel life I have progressed from love and romance to wife and motherhood," she guffaws.

Her last fiction show was Ek Packet Umeed three years ago. "That's because I didn't find anything interesting after that, though I was offered many shows," she informs. Another reason for her longer break from acting is her father's delicate health, says Rupali. But she has been fairly active in reality shows. "I did Bigg Boss season one, the first season of Zara Nachke Dikha, Fear Factor 2 and also tried my hand at cooking in Kitchen Champions. But I haven't done too many reality shows either," she defends.

Going down memory lane, Rupali says she was a hyper child. "I think I was a horrible kid. I got beaten up almost every day for all the nonsense I did," she laughs. If and when marriage happens to her, the man will be chosen by her parents. "Their choice would be final," she adds.