Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Shweta on parenting

• November 26, 2011
Shweta on parenting

A single mother in real life to a 10-year-old daughter, Shweta Tiwari is learning the fine art of parenting. But the actor who plays mother to two teenagers in Parvarish — Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi says the serial will help her more in becoming a better parent. "There is no rule book or guide for parenting. It's all practical learning as your child grows. I am a normal mother but as my daughter is growing I am realising that parenting is not easy at all," admits Shweta who has played reel-life mother to 30-year-olds in serials when she was just 25.

What she is particular about is what her daughter wears. "I keep telling her that hiding your body is important to keep away from roving eyes. It's too early to tell her many other things but this is the right time for her to learn the basic discipline," she adds. Is she living by example as far as her clothes are concerned? "I really can't do anything about the clothes I wear in my shows. But I am very careful when I am at home or go out with my daughter," she says. Shweta admits that earlier she would leave her house in mess because she has a maid. "But I realised that my daughter started doing the same. So I had to change my habit of throwing and leaving things here and there," she elaborates.

Coming to the show which deals with parent-child relationship, Shweta says she wasn't very keen on doing the show initially. "I had my doubts because most shows end up as typical family dramas and there is nothing much to do after 20 episodes. But when I read the script I realised that this is really different. Of course, it is a family drama woven around two sisters who are caught up in sibling rivalry in their attempt to be a better parent. But essentially, the show is about parenting in today's times. There are no regular elements of daily soaps in Parvarish — no heavy jewellery, chak-mak saris, 20 characters in one frame or heavy drama and crying," she clarifies.

Playing a talkative Punjabi woman Sweety, who is a strict mother and a control freak, Shweta says, "She is completely obsessed with her house and kids. It has taken me some time to get under the skin of character and speak in heavy Punjabi accent," she smiles. Speaking about her childhood, "I was very ziddi. I was not good in studies but was very fond of nach-gana," she reveals. But she wants her daughter to study well. "What one does in life later is an individual's decision. But education is very important," she adds.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Thankzz aloot 4 sharing dis lovely article dear..🤗