•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 19 years ago

The super hit comedy, Khichdi comes on STAR One in a new avatar. The characters Hansa and Prafull are even madder, Bhavesh Kumar, hungrier, Jayashree, funnier and Babuji, angrier. The characters of Instant Khichdi are a part of a typical joint family. However, this family has one thing that makes it distinct - they are funny. They laugh and make others laugh. This does not mean that they are bumbling idiots who scream shout and scamper like nitwits to create humour. They are real people with real problems and real idiosyncrasies.

This is a funny bunch of people that is firmly united in their movement to get separated. They wanted to sell off their ancestral property and move out and form their own nuclear families. But the head of the family did not agree. He gave them the choice to walk out, but on their own steam and nobody was ready to let go of such prime property. So they stayed together and waited for Babuji to change his mind or stop breathing, whichever happened first.

They later shifted to their Mami's house as per her last wish. And that is where our upwardly mobile, middle class joint family faced its trails and tribulations in life. They now discover oil in their old property and suddenly become one of the super rich family. They live in there own illusionary world as they have no clue about the lifestyle of the super rich families.

Characters:-

Tulsidas Parekh: The oldest member is still the crotchety old man who wants the whole dysfunctional family to stay together. Even with so much money to spare, he, along with his family have no idea what to do with it. When he is offered English tea, he flips. His idea remains - whatever you do, we are still the same, with money or without.

Hansa Parekh: She is not impressed with the amount of money they have got, but is on top of the world with richer saris, loads of jewellery and baskets of gajras. She knows being rich means that they demand more respect in the society and the rich have their own mannerisms which she whole-heartedly tries but the effort becomes too much. She has done up the house in extra garish tones and feels that now she can keep changing everything at her own whim.

Prafull Parekh: He is still the devoted husband to Hansa. He has an almost child-like logic about everything. He is still trying to show how superior his knowledge is but only Hansa thinks that he amounts to anything.

Jayshree: She is the pioneer of changes in the new household and remains the incorrigible gossip. She believes that now they must learn to act like rich people. She takes great pains to invite the rich to show them the correct way but it all falls flat because they might have become rich, but they at heart they are still villagers.

Sonya,,, nice to find you here as well................  I love this show... its downright hilarious......
Did u watch this week.......  Jayshree bhabhi gets an inheritance of an elephant from some long lost uncle............................  it was ... hilarious.  I am lost for words to describe the serial.....
Thanks for inlcuding this in the forum as well...
yeah i watched that.............it was excellent.............. 

hey guys i just love this show but as i live in kuwait i dont get this channel so i would love to get updates of instant khichdi

thanx a lot for adding this serial

😃

This show is wonderful!I just love watching it .All the characters play their role quite well!👏

Regards,

Priyanka.

oh... I loved this show... really stupid people and old jokes but hey.. makes me laugh.. whenever I;m feeling low...

~memsaab

Edited by memsaab - 19 years ago

Superab show indeed.

Rifhat