Posted: 12 years ago

I like buying the latest gadgets: Ayaz Khan
Saadia S Dhailey, TNN | Nov 26, 2011, 03.01PM IST

Article

Comments

Read more:
TV actor|surfing|Ayaz Khan

Ayaz Khan

Actor Ayaz Khan puts in a minimum of three weeks' surfing for reviews on international websites before he makes his pick

"While I usually buy a new gadget when what I already have breaks down, I make sure I pick up what's the latest. And I do a lot of research before I pick up any gadget.

In fact, I buy nothing until I have researched online on it for at least three weeks. First I check what's on the International websites and then check on the Indian ones to see if the gadget I like is available here. The warranty aspect is also important. And I think gadget reviews are always better on International websites.

Even for my recently acquired 42" plasma TV, I put in a month's research. It's got amazing clarity and the best feature is that it's got a slot for memory card. You can just plug in your camera's memory card and see photographs on its large screen. All my gadget choices have to be compact and stylish, and my new sound system is just that!

The Soundbar is a horizontal speaker system with an integrated DVD player. And these days, with the star ratings for energy efficiency marked on almost every electronic item, I am making sure I pick the most energy-efficient one. My new air-conditioner has a 5-star rating. I think paying a little extra for a better-rated product will save a lot more money in the long run. And the best part, luckily this model I picked up was available in black, so it goes well with my sound system and the big screen."