Bias Award Nominations

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Yayyyyy...the award season is finally hereπŸ‘πŸ‘...I love award shows...and pretty much watch all of them😳...I always find it a bit odd how the best acting categories are chosen only if their movies does well in the box officeπŸ˜•...For example, if a movie like "Veer Zaara" becomes a huge hit then pretty much all the categories seem to have that movie in it starting from the best actor to best comedian to coreography to everything....I mean Is it really fair to just judge someones acting by their movie popularity?

I personally think its an aweful way of categorizing...Best acting categories should strickly stay as their individual talent and shouldn't hav anything to do with the movie popularity...πŸ˜ƒ

Film award show nominations are to a great extent flawed and conciously fixed to pander to the whims of the stars who star in them or production houses that make them, who otherwise are likely to boycott the function, thereby taking away the sheen from it.

You are right the success or rather box office success matters in getting nominations and ultimately the winners trophy. I saw the Filfare awards last night and the nomination and winners in certain catergories left me aghast.

How else one explain a topical and socially relevant movie, like "My Brother Nikhil" fails in getting a nomination for its actor, Sanjay Suri, in the best actor catergory. I am no Suri fan, I had heard of him before, but hadn't seen his work until 'My Brother Nikhil'. Suri's performance in the movie was to say the least, flawless, and the best I had seen, since Hrithik's in 'Lakhsya'. Infact, I'd rate Suri's performace ahead of Hrithik's. Ofcourse Amitabh Bachhan was God in 'Black' and deserved to win but Suri certainly should have been there amongst the nominees. It helps to have success and filmi background in the industry and Sanjay Suri, is a Kashmiri Pandit with neither success nor any such background.

The winners who fail to strike a chord were, Himmesh Reshamiya and Alisha Chinnoy in the best playback male and female catergory. Himesh with 'Ashiq Banaya Aapna' as the best singer of the year..in a catergory that involved Shaan and K.K. for 'Dus Bahane' and Sonu Nigam with the soulfully rendered 'Piyu Bole' is hard to digest. A couple of popular songs doesn't a make one the best singer. Proper rendering of the song does and to me it was Sonu Nigam who should have come out trumps.

Similar was the case in the best playback female caregory, where Alisha Chinnoy won for her song 'Kajrare' in a field that involved the higly talented Shreya Ghosal with 'Agar Tum Mil Jao' and 'Piyu Bole' and the versatile Sunidhi Chauhan with 'Nayi Nahin Ye Batein'. Admitted that 'Kajrare' was high on the popularity charts but was definitely not the best 'rendered' song.   

At the end of the day, what matters is the success and popularity of the song or movie, and not how well the song was sung or good the product or act was.
i feel even the film awards r got up...all fake...
nowadays u have so many awards that ultimately if u see,then one will find that alomost all the films got one or the other award.. πŸ˜›

if in filmfare this film got so in Zee Cine sme other film got....... πŸ˜›

so....i feel awards r just a social gathering...thats all..its of no worth.
Even I dont agree with Himesh getting the best male playback singer award for Aashiq Banaya Apne....(who said he could sing in the first place 😑 )
And i think Shreya should have got it for Agar Tum Mil jao...
Basically award shows have become so boring....apart from seeing who is wearing what and who is with whom there is nothing else of interest in them πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

the performances are the same thing every year.... πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ