Why are they promoting Uday-Moniya?

Posted: 12 years ago
By now if not all many would have seen the new promo the second meeting of Uday-Moniya. However there have been three versions of this promo being aired one includes Uday's remarks on Monya there would be something about her, other one doesn't show that bit (shared in section) and third one has just Uday-Moniya from the part he corners her till he takes Manyata's name.

Apart from that the background voice said Monya is living her dream world during start of promo when she goes with Akash to that place and at the ending (Uday-Monya part) they mentioned Monya's dream world destination is somewhere else. In the third version of promo the background voice was different if I am not mistaken can't recollect it though atm.

And now when I was watching Sony they were flashing Uday-Moniya picture where text said in her dream word Moniya (that's how it was spelled) came face with her future (aanewala kal)

One thing that came in my mind was why are they promoting Uday-Moniya so much? We know they are not going to be together in future as per the media articles. Probably bcoz the promo had a high point of Uday seeing mark and first thing coming in his mind was Manyata. Moreover it was Manyata with whom his marriage was fixed so probably the PH/Channel are promoting it so much.
Hi Shruti am Priya thxs for this update...actually I haven't seen the promo as the link isn't working for me😭😭

Just want to share someting in one of her interviews Monya/Manyata said that both her dreams will come true the first one she will be Princess and the second one she will get married to a hot and dashing Prince...guess it's UV.  And in another article she said she does not know whether or when Akash will be come back into her life after her transformation into a Princess.

May be her anewala kal is bond with UV as her marriage is already fixed with him;

Right now am really very confused with whom Monya/Manyata is going to be paired.  So am just watching it and hoping for the best as am loving the show.  It's refreshing😉

Hey Priya :)

Don't worry someone would upload it on YT soon so you can see it.

Is it did she mention she would marry a Prince? You have link of those interviews? Need to watch them.
My 2 cents: I think the channel is trying to be smart b/c Abhishek is already so well-known due to Agle Janam whereas Ashish had a few minor stints so whoever gels more with the audience shall be the "official" lead.

I think they noticed that the latest trend in love stories is angry, hot guy with a shy, yet innocent gal and this formula has worked so might as well try it. Besides, the Akash-Monya scenes are continuing but they're adding in a few doses or UM to see the audience response. And thus far, I get the feeling more ppl are digging Udayveer than Akash (but it could be my bais self speaking).

Good for them for trying out all the different angles. If it's anything like Princess' Diaries than Uday won't change at all and Monya will end up with Akash, but maybe it'll be a love traingle where Akash and Monya love each other, but she sacrifices it for the throne. I guess it's too early to figure it all out. But I really really really am diggin' Uday-Monya especially after the promo so I hope they promote it more and more!
They are raising our hopes of uday and moniya by showing us promos of them... Right now the cvs have us at the right spot- we all are curious to know who moniya will end up with hence these promos where she comes with Akash but collides with Uday... Or the promos can be interpreted as Akash being only a part of her journey but her destination is Udayveer?
Originally posted by sweet coco

<font color="#cc0066" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">My 2 cents: I think the channel is trying to be smart b/c Abhishek is already so well-known due to Agle Janam whereas Ashish had a few minor stints so whoever gels more with the audience shall be the "official" lead.</font>

<font color="#cc0066" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think they noticed that the latest trend in love stories is angry, hot guy with a shy, yet innocent gal and this formula has worked so might as well try it. Besides, the Akash-Monya scenes are continuing but they're adding in a few doses or UM to see the audience response. And thus far, I get the feeling more ppl are digging Udayveer than Akash (but it could be my bais self speaking).</font>

<font color="#cc0066" face="Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good for them for trying out all the different angles. If it's anything like Princess' Diaries than Uday won't change at all and Monya will end up with Akash, but maybe it'll be a love traingle where Akash and Monya love each other, but she sacrifices it for the throne. I guess it's too early to figure it all out. But I really really really am diggin' Uday-Monya especially after the promo so I hope they promote it more and more!</font>

I believe majority of the forum members are digging for Uday and Moniya... I mean just look at the discussion topics they all are about Uday and Moniya... I think the Cvs should visit these forum it could definetly change their view on Akaash and moniya pair... After seeing the promos my hope of Uday and Moniya Jodi had risen... I have a feeling that the Cvs are simply testing the moniya Akaash Jodi and indicating a possible moniya Uday Jodi just to see the response of which Jodi garners more viewers... I don't think the cvs themselves have decided on who moniya will marry...
i have a lot of confusion with the main male lead
Yes Shruti even I am kind of confused with that part where the voice over says that Monya will soon come face to face with her future destination (the monya-UV promo) and I tried to derive many hidden meanings behind it to suit my wishes😆. Mainly i concluded that we might just get lucky and CVs are planning to go ahead with UV-Monya as a pair.
I am hoping the PH and CVs have already realized that UV has has a striking screen presence and a greater impact on audience and that would definitely profit the show in terms of trp. That is also a reason why we see so much of UV in a single episode everyday *touch wood*. Maybe that itslef is a reason they are promoting UV-MOnya so much?
Hi everybody on the forum!
I am really likind the show and Udayveer is the major reason apart from the storyline.
@pri01: Even i read that article about Priyal Gor saying that, Moniya likes a guy called Aakash and she did not know whether or not Aakash and Moniya will be paired up in future. I did not know about the article regarding her wishes, so thanks a lot for that news.😊
@Shruti: Was there a direst announcement that Aaksh IS the main lead? He is there in all the promotions of the show because the actor is a known actor. Apart from the lead protagonists, mainly well know people are there in the initial .
@Sweet coco and Angelskiss: I too think that maybe CVs are looking out for audience response.

We can really hope for Manyata and Udayveer because:
1. The love story with the main lead hardly ends in a week. Priyal Gor announced before the start of the show that she likes a guy called Aakash. Generally the main love story is slower than that and not announced that fast.
2. Udayveer-Manyata meeting was fit for that of the main leads.
3. Audience prefers that.
I think CVs do visit India forums as it is the top forum

Coco, Angelskiss, ConnectTheDots and crazyfairy:Another reason could be that the promo is has a highpoint scene. Uday is all set to charm J who is already charmed by him and he is making her believe he is an option and only way to stop him is by giving hopes of Manyata's return. If Manyata returns they will have to pair up Uday-Manyata as per what was decided.

The CV's might be testing. Akash is a popular face while Uday has not done any show as lead. We usually see opposite attract in the shows. If we see Uday-Moniya are kind of opposite. Though she would be revealed as Princess later in the show she has stayed in chawl all these years, not gone to school/studied, is not sophisticated while Uday has been born with a silver spoon he is a guy every girl would want to marry.

More than promo it's the background voice which draws the attention. Like in two
they mentioned Monya's dream world destination is somewhere else. In the third version of promo which had only Uday-Moniya from the part he corners her to she leaves the background voice said Moniya's dream world is going to get a new destination. And then the written preview flashing  in her dream word Moniya came face with her future. Whatever it is we will find out but it will take time.

crazyfairy:Yes there has been articles mentioning he plays the lead. I agree. Udayveer is one reason I watched the show and it was mainly Uday-Moniya first conversation which made me watch the show.

roking_nidhi223:Many do have that confusion you are not alone.