R. K. Laxman ki Duniya

R K Laxman cartoons now on your TV sets:TOI

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago

R K Laxman cartoons now on your TV sets

R K Laxman cartoons now on your TV sets
Get ready to watch legendary R K Laxman's cartoons turn into a daily sitcom as Hats Off Productions and Dharmesh Mehta come together and produce R K Laxman ki Duniya.

The show which will air from November 28 is based on the cartoons of R K Laxman and will depict the story of a common man who faces the troubles of everyday life in a light hearted manner.

The show is a tribute to the cartoonist whose work has always touched topics like politics and bureaucracy and represents the face of the Indian middle class. J D Majethia, known for creating shows which use humour to talk about simple topics, plans to do the same here. When asked about how he plans to take on the responsibility of adapting Laxman's cartoons he said, "We decided to make a show on Laxmanji's work but found it very difficult to adapt it to everyday life. We worked on the philosophy of each cartoon and from there presented our interpretation on it. So every show will feature his cartoon in the start and the story will be based on that. And to make it relatable to our audience the show will focus on problems that the common man faces now. There are some issues which haven't changed since Laxmanji's time. Other than these we will also focus on entertaining our audience because we can't talk about political or social issues all the time."

Wagle Ki Duniya, a similar show, aired a few years ago and each episode was personally narrated by R K Laxman himself. But both the shows are very different. "Wagle Ki Duniya was a weekly in which R K Laxmanji himself narrated the script. Unfortunately we don't have his guidance now but ours being a daily we have simplified the format. Our show involves a lot of characters since that is a requirement for a daily show," JD explains.

There are a lot of other comedy shows right now as well such as Taarak Mehta ka Oolta Chashma or Lapataganj. "These shows are based on community living and discuss related problems. Our show talks about the common man and his issues and how he deals with it. So I don't think comparison between the shows would occur," he said.

Considering his previous shows have been hugely successful, we asked him what is he expecting from R K Laxman ki Duniya. "I am expecting a lot of respect because of his iconic work. I view this as a big responsibility. I am hoping that we are able to do justice to it and present it to the audience efficiently," he said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters