"Guru gives me inputs to improve" - Debina

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

"Guru gives me inputs to improve"- Debina Bonnerjee

Sunday, November 27, 2011 | 6:54:25 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 208 Comments
"Guru gives me inputs to improve"- Debina Bonnerjee

TellyBuzz in conversation with Debina Bonnerjee about her new show in SAB TV, Chidiya Ghar

After playing Sita, the 'Maa' of all the bahus of Indian Television, Debina Bonnerjee is back to fiction with SAB TV's newly launching show Chidiya Ghar. From portraying the serious Sita to the fun loving Mayuri in this show, Debina has taken a diametrically opposite leap.

In an exclusive conversation with TellyBuzz, Debina speaks about her new show and her reality shows' experiences which did not click well.

Excerpts…

What was the real reason for you to take up the show?
I do not think there could have been a better character than Mayuri for me to come back. It cannot be compared to what I have done before and any other character if I play would be similar to what I have done before because ultimately all Indian television bahus are like Sita. And I portrayed the ultimate one.

Can you please describe something about your character?
I play the role of Mayuri. The character is really mad, bindaas and does crazy stuff that we normally do at home all the time. You sing out loud when you are driving in a car alone or you dance alone at home where you try out some simple steps from any movie.

How is the experience shooting for a comedy show?
The shoots are so full of energy and the demand of energy level is more than what we have. I am thoroughly enjoying it, so much that I am fatigued by the end of the day.

How is it shooting with a director like Ashwini Dheer?
Ashwini Ji shoots so well and it is really a treat to work with a director of his stature. His comic timing and his thought is so unique that sometimes the script and what comes out ultimately is so different. He makes you do so many things at one time. For instance, once he just asked me to dance which I did. And then he says you are doing this and dancing and also say the dialogues along with it. Once he asked to climb on a table dancing, which I did.

After playing a serious character like Sita and now a comedy, which once do you think is tougher?
Comedy is definitely tougher because when we do a serious character there are certain limitations and we have to work within that. But when the character is limitless, then there is a lot to explore. There are a lots of things to explore in this and through this I am exploring myself and Ashwini Ji is the diamond carver.

You have done reality shows as well which did work as expected. So do you believe that you belong to the daily soap genre?
I love doing reality shows and hence I do not know what to say. Dance is my forte and since I have not done a dance based reality show, I would like to try that.

Any particular one that you are craving to do?
I definitely want to try Jhalak Dikhlaa Ja and frankly speaking Guru (Gurmeet Choudhary) and I were offered Jhalak when we were doing Ramayan, but we were under a contract because of which we could not do it. We were also offered Nach Baliye that year, but that also we could not take up and Nach Baliye did not happen after that season.

When you said that you were going to do a show on SAB TV, what did Gurmeet say?
He was really excited and after Ashwini Ji if there is someone who has given me inputs is Guru. He used to call me from his sets saying Debina ye karo, tum wo karo, tum ye kar sakte ho etc etc. He is super excited about the show.

Do you watch any other shows on SAB TV?
I do watch Lapataganj at times because some of my friends are doing it. I do not watch any shows for that matter regularly, but what I have noticed in most of the cases is that when actor friends' get together and when the chit chat is going on, it is always SAB TV that we switch on. In between we just watch and laugh at the funny moments.

A message to the India-Forums fans?
I love all my fans who have been there and supported me through out. It is only because of them that I am back again and I will not disappoint you. You seriously need to see the show to believe what I could do which is pure madness (laughs).

Reporter and AUthor: Saranya Valsarajan

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ankita2804 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
sheee isss shooo shweeettt... lovveee u ...!!!!