Why are women discriminated n unfairly treated ? - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
because women allow men to do so ''  its a very wrong answer  men r physically strongar than women  nd they use their phshycal strenth  to dominate women  ...at that point women  feels halpless front of a men ...truth is this girls ke paas choise hoti hi nhi hai unhey freedom of choise di hi nhi gyi hai if they dont merry their rapist so afganistaan jesi country  mai jnha asid attacks  bhot easy n common hai vnha women ke saath aur bhi bahot khuch ho sakta hai ,its very sad  if  women refuse karey aur alone rahey socity unhey respect se rahney nhi degi ...even dusri aurtey khud asi aurto pe statement  very easily paas kar deti hai like they herself  responsible hai rape jesey crime ke liye same like this jesey kisiney ye statmant diya iss thrade mai ''  bcs women allow men to do so'' 
prob is this also that women apney gendar ka hi saath nhi dena chahti  ,they alwayes women pe hi finger  point karti hai  ...india mai khuch hadd tak situation change hui hai coz goverment bhi khud women ko equal rites  dilaney ki koshish kar rhi hai ...but for me rape is a henious  crime but verbal abuse by husband or mantal tarture bhi ek serious   crime hai jisey halkey mai nhi lena chahiye ...society  n family members ka  ye bolna '' husband hai anger mai bol diya to kya ho gya '' ...ratherthan wrong ko support karney ke family   members ko bhi right ka saath dena chahiye  taaki violence  ho hi na  ...
Originally posted by Tannistha

why does something tell me the culprits are all well connected with ruling party and probably are large contributors to party fund and the same ol political game is being played out here too.

Sometimes i feel so angry at how our system never changes, never ever works well.

Exactly!! Why else would the CM and her cronies be so defensive from the beginning..How on earth can this case malign the "government's image", as Mamata claimed, unless the culprits are connected to her party?

I always thought Mamata was a bit over-sentimental but still an efficient leader, and my respect for her increased manifold after the way she personally handled the AMRI incident, but this case has made me rethink my opinions!! My mother is a staunch supporter of Didi and she too thinks that the woman is to be blamed in the first place..I had a heated row with her last week. We live in such a stupid and close-minded society!! I wonder if there will ever be any REAL 'Poriborton' or just occasional chehara-poriborton and party-poriborton..😑

And yeah, please learn martial arts.πŸ‘πŸΌ That helps a lot in increasing a woman's self-confidence and makes her less dependent on male support, besides training her for self-defense.
Edited by Rehanism - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Rehanism

Exactly!! Why else would the CM and her cronies be so defensive from the beginning..How on earth can this case malign the "government's image", as Mamata claimed, unless the culprits are connected to her party?

I always thought Mamata was a bit over-sentimental but still an efficient leader, and my respect for her increased manifold after the way she personally handled the AMRI incident, but this case has made me rethink my opinions!! My mother is a staunch supporter of Didi and she too thinks that the woman is to be blamed in the first place..I had a heated row with her last week. We live in such a stupid and close-minded society!! I wonder if there will ever be any REAL 'Poriborton' or just occasional chehara-poriborton and party-poriborton..😑

And yeah, please learn martial arts.πŸ‘πŸΌ That helps a lot in increasing a woman's self-confidence and makes her less dependent on male support, besides training her for self-defense.

We did not have the fight at home, because of me and my sister.But however i strongly pointed their faith towards this party. Infact me and my dad have heated discussion over them eternally voting for congress and for the state ever since its inception trinamool.
I hate it that the root of everything has to be the woman is this and woman is that.
have you read the news of a 17 yr old student being gang raped in falta? She was waiting in the bus stop on her way back to school? So that's her fault too? so what lets get back to middle ages, keep the girls in their houses and stop educating it.
We are regressing so fast, but why the hell are we not regressing back to anytime  upto 4th century AD,the glorious past we all shout out the best we can?
@Summer3:
Your posts have been really appreciable every time...again 'nice post😊'

Well,I feel this depends upon different nations n different perceptions people have in different parts of the world.
I'm an Asian by birth...though i don't live there now but i know my own country too has every possible phase for women - some consider women - the strongest ; some consider them the weakest; some consider them Goddess; some consider them burden, some are begging before God to bless them with a sweet lil' girl child; some contribute to female-foeticide   ...

Actually, I feel that women are much more stronger than men emotionally...
they can live with much higher power of toleration n mental strength than men if needed!
n when needed, they can go upto the highest unexpected or unbelievable level of strength (both mentally as well as physically)!

well, i think it does depend upon the upbringing . . . if from the very beginning of their lives, women are brought up n nurtured in an independent n female-encouraging atmosphere, they would never ever think of getting suppressed by men!
and if brought up in the male-dominating society, they won't fight for themselves , or justify themselves and most importantly, they won't even respect men!!!!!

As per your question,"Is there any reason why women are discriminated and unfairly treated in many countries."  I think everything depends upon the nations' social, cultural n political aspects...
had there been leaders who would have fought for the rights of women, had there been women who would have been taught how to treat with problems arising in male-dominating society - I think such painful situations would have been minimized to nothing till date!

I think women just need a lil' bit of knowledge of how strong they can be n how independent they can be!

Well, I think men n women can live happily together in a society only if both of them respect each other.

So I think women need to stand for themselves or else if they can't do anything, they should rather die than living life like hell! God watches everything n will definitely support you if you do something justified for yourself.
Edited by be-happy-always - 12 years ago

Women cannot be considered weak in any part of this world!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ Edited by be-happy-always - 12 years ago
Happy Smile ji. Sahi kahan.
Generally most parts of the world are basically male dominated and traditionally there has always been a strong bias against females; they are often viewed by families as someone who cannot continue the family name and will later leave the family upon marriage. But these days with ladies being more independent and able to earn a good living views are changing.
Rather than competing man and woman should complement each other.
All bias is due to ignorance.
Originally posted by Summer3

Happy Smile ji. Sahi kahan.
Generally most parts of the world are basically male dominated and traditionally there has always been a strong bias against females; they are often viewed by families as someone who cannot continue the family name and will later leave the family upon marriage. But these days with ladies being more independent and able to earn a good living views are changing.
Rather than competing man and woman should complement each other.
All bias is due to ignorance.

I agree with you Summer ji😊

I think, for now, girls need more empowerment ...then only, they can match up the same level of respect as men!

Agree  with " Rather than competing man and woman should complement each other. "
Frankly I cannot imagine a world without women. We do depend a lot on ladies both at home and at work.

Now this is shocking !  Happened in Singapore ?????

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?p=795962#1

Default Guy slaps gf and makes her kneel in front of him at Woodlands MRT Station

I saw this picture on Stomp. A girl was photographed kneeling in front of a guy, apparently taken at Woodlands MRT Station. The guy was also said to have slapped the girl.

Here's the full details:

STOMPer Eileen, who said she witnessed the incident, told STOMP in an email last night (Mar 4):

"Today, while I was on my way home from work, I saw this couple waiting for a train.

"Apparently they were having some kind of argument over something.

"The guy slapped the girl and made her kneel in front of him!

"This is ridiculous. I would like every girl to see this, to let them know, if they ever have this kind of boyfriend, please break up with him.

"Please educate all the girls out there!"

The photo seemed to have been circulated online, as other STOMPers have sent it in to STOMP.

STOMPer Daisuke, one of those who shared the photo with STOMP, said:

"Guy made girlfriend kneel in front of him at Woodlands MRT Station and slapped her.

"He should not have made her kneel in public no matter what She did. Learn some respect."

STOMPer Pierre, who also sent the photo, said:

"The boyfriend slapped his girlfriend at Woodlands MRT Station and made her kneel down then threw all her belongings on the floor."