•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
'Sankraman mein bahut saare kutte hain'
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   February 23, 2006

Ekta Kapoor
• When asked to comment on her male co-star, a popular actress from an equally popular Balaji show, retorts, "Sankraman Studios (where Balaji soaps are shot) mein bahut saare kutte hain!"

• A well-known character from another Balaji serial, who also wants to make a mark in Bollywood says, "I don't mind going topless if this particular director casts me as his lead heroine."

• Two popular male model-turned-actors spill the beans about the casting "ouches" they had to go through.

• A particularly low-profiled and off-the-party circuit Balaji bahu talks about men, romance and her crushes…

These are just a few samples from Ekta Kapoor's new weekly show Kandy Floss, which goes behind the scenes of both television and Bollywood.

Archana Puran Singh
Anchored by Archana Puran Singh, the long-in-the-pipeline show finally airs on Sony from March 10. The channel has given Kandy Floss a late-night Friday (11 pm) slot — not exactly prime time viewing.

Censor it: Sony

It is learnt that Ekta wanted an earlier time slot, of 8 or 8.30 pm, but after viewing the content, the Sony folks demanded that it be censored. They found the content too provocative! However, Ekta was adamant.

Later, Sony agreed to air it the way it was, but at a later time.

No way: Ekta

Says Ekta, "Yes, Kandy Floss is extremely wild. The Sony folks were quite shocked when they saw it. They wanted me to censor it. But I told them it goes the way we have planned it or it does not go at all. They agreed for a 11 pm slot but they still want me to tone it down!"

Interestingly, the show, though being aired on Sony, will take a look at soaps and characters across all channels and production houses.

According to Gursheel Walia, creative director, Sony, "When we saw the show, we found certain things in it quite explosive. We didn't think it was suitable for early viewing. After a lot of discussions, and as Ekta wanted the show to have that edge, it was finally cleared for a late-night slot."

Magazine format

Adds Sandiip Sikcand, creative head for Kandy Floss, "It will run in a magazine format. It is like Stardust magazine. Kandy Floss is unlike other behind-the-scenes shows. All the dope is no holds barred. It is both scandalous and shocking. Wait and watch."

Posted: 17 years ago

good post

Edited by saregama - 17 years ago

good post

Edited by saregama - 17 years ago
Hi   😊 Edited by saregama - 17 years ago