Ekta's commitment to Ankita Lokhande - Article

LoveTVShows thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Ekta Kapoor and Ankita Lokhande

Working with TV czarina Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms can be challenging. But it is also fun and rewarding. Ask scores of actors who have gone on to lucrative careers following their association with one of the Balaji Telefilms' shows.

Ankita Lokhande who plays Pavitra Rishta's Archana is also likely to get more than her just reward, thanks to her commitment to her character. Ankita decided to stay on even as other actors (read: her real life partner Sushant Singh Rajput) said ta-ta when the story of Zee TV's Pavitra Rishta leapt forward 20 years. The 25 year old agreed to age in the show, and become a 45 year old mother of four children - something which most actors would refrain from doing.

"Growing old can impact a young actor's career as it is difficult to get another youngster's role after that. Hence actors shy away from taking part in leaps," says a casting director.

But that has not dampened Ankita. "Growing old in a show does not matter to me," she says. "Television has changed and I don't think a young actor's career will suffer if he or she plays an older characters."

What, however, gave her the confidence was Ekta's commitment to her that she would be given a lead role closer to her real age in another Balaji Telefilms show, once Pavitra Rishta ends. "Within five months, audiences will get to see me playing a younger character in contrast to the very much older Archana I am now playing in Pavitra," she says.

Agrees Ekta: "Characters grow old, actors do not. I have a responsibility on my head now; I have to cast her in a show as a young character."

Ankita fans can now bring out the bubbly and say "Cheers to that!"

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Whhheeewww !!!!!

thank god !!!!!

sushkita10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
🥳2day we sushita fan getting all good news first sush article now anki👏👏
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
does this mean tht PR is ending soon😆 or say after 5 months😆
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I am feeling very very happy now ...

I think she meant that her contract would be over in 5 months ...It was a 3 year contract which would be over in may so definitely Archu will not be her and if PR is still doing  well then they will take  a replacement for Archana ... and if it is not doing good then they will end ...Edited by Tanyaz - 12 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail
Originally posted by: poas

🥳2day we sushita fan getting all good news first sush article now anki👏👏

🥳🥳

I really admire both Sushant and Ankita , they are both so sensible ...look how they have managed all this ..I am sure Sush  too was behind  Ankita and supporting her ...He always gives her good advise .
Edited by Tanyaz - 12 years ago
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Tanya it wd be better to end other than replacing Ankita as Archana, no one can play Archana now, considering Ankita has made the role immortalized. So better shut down the shutter.
lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
just a few more months anki .. try to stay afloat in this doobti huyi nayya ...

bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am happy for Ankita but I don't trust Ekta!!! She doesn't care about people much...she cares how they suit her show. 

Its all in the words..."I have to cast her in a show as a young character"...character not the lead!!!

But yeah with Ekta or without her...Ankita has the talent and looks to make it on her own...she did when she was chosen for Archana. 
Tanyaz thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Resham*

Tanya it wd be better to end other than replacing Ankita as Archana, no one can play Archana now, considering Ankita has made the role immortalized. So better shut down the shutter.

Resham , if the show is still number one on Zee then how can they end it ...

They can do somethign like Archna having an accident and plastic surgery or Archana dying ..It all depends on how much these younger guys get popular ...

I don't want to comment on them right now ...Will wait and see their work first , then I will comment ...