.:: PR Grievance Thread - Note pg5::. - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
saying that show shud go off air is not offensive ... then just plainly saying that a particular charcter shud die , even that shud not be offensive then
devashree_h thumbnail
Coolbie- A person who regularly does written updates. Which bhalla did for so many months. It is not an easy task. He deserves recognition for that. He has his opinions but he is never disrespectful to anyone. Ask anyone on the forum. Why should his contribution be ignored?
sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i to tally depend on bhallas update,he is doing a fab job,its sad when sum1 attack u like this,even i am a a coolbie in sum other forum,am just curious to know cant a coolbie have its own view,or are we just suppose to give the updates,and have no right at all participate in sum discussion.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
DT

Many many members depend on the detailed updates every day...Bhalla was handed this baton by tanya herself looong time ago...Bhalla has been doing a fabulous job all this time...Its not fair to read people dont care for detail updates and are more than fine with Brief updates as they dont watch the show.. or they dont care to watch the show for many reasons...IE show is gone bad or Sushant has left ETC..

I strongly support bhalla's well deserved promotion as coolbie and it is only fair to his hard work that he continues doing daily detailed updates...It defeats & undermines  his hard work when members support Brief update...Duplicate info IMHO

Pls pls do not give me excuse that he does his updates late...He has been doing the same all along...No time I ever saw a post or topic someone asking where is the update...He has always notified members if he would be late due to exams or other...He has been more than professional in keeping members posted...

Its not because Bhalla is doing the updates.  it would be unfair any other member who had been doing it for so long...So nothing against Tanya or in support of Bhalla per say...It is the right thing to do..

It is sooo sad to see poor Bhalla cant even enjoy or appreciate his recognition after giving so many months of personal free time in doing fab job...😳

Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: devashree_h

Coolbie- A person who regularly does written updates. Which bhalla did for so many months. It is not an easy task. He deserves recognition for that. He has his opinions but he is never disrespectful to anyone. Ask anyone on the forum. Why should his contribution be ignored?

Hi Devu,
@bold...I'm asking this question as I'm not familiar with the inner workings of this forum, and with the utmost of respect to you and the other members of the DT.

If one is promoted to a Coolbie because they regularly do written updates, why wasn't Tanya promoted to a Coolbie when she regularly did written updates for a long time, up to some months ago? Also, does becoming a Coolbie mean automatic promotion to the DT?

I don't know if being a Rockerz is a higher position than a Coolbie, and because Tanya was already a Rockerz when she was doing the long updates, why she wasn't made a Coolbie.

I'm not assuming anything here. Am awaiting your response, and as I said at the outset, I'm asking merely out of curiosity and am not speaking on behalf of anyone or seeking anyone's interest. Just want to know a little more about how the forum works.

Thanks in advance.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Before any member becomes viewbie, coolbie, moderator or channel moderator they are member first...They hav right to write their views as long as they are respectful...I agree with Devu and Sherma's post in support..
devashree_h thumbnail
Actually even I wanted to clear, thanks that you asked. A person who does written updates should be pretty regular over a long period of time. We had considered Tanya Di's name for coolbie but it so happened that when we were supposed to forward her name for promotion, we got her message that she could not do written updates any longer due to some personal reasons. Even Bhalla had to wait a very long time before this status was given to him.
jnawaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: suan

I'm asking this question as I'm not familiar with the inner workings of this forum, and with the utmost of respect to you and the other members of the DT.

If one is promoted to a Coolbie because they regularly do written updates, why wasn't Tanya promoted to a Coolbie when she regularly did written updates for a long time, up to some months ago? Also, does becoming a Coolbie mean automatic promotion to the DT? The thing with IF promotions is that there are specific times that they happen...and that is decided by the GM's and Admin Group...when the promotions roll around...the people that are active at that point are promoted...unfortunately at that time...Tanyaz was away...and also...when someone is a Coolbie they are automatically part of the DT...the coolbies rights only include being able to sticky and unsticky their topics...which is needed to updaters...other then that...coolbies cant do anything else

I don't know if being a Rockerz is a higher position than a Coolbie, and because Tanya was already a Rockerz when she was doing the long updates, why she wasn't made a Coolbie. Coolbie is on a completely different ladder...coolbies are the beginning of the DT ladder...where as IF Rockerz is part of the general IF rankings for regular members...it doesnt matter if the person is a goldie, IF Rocker or any other position to be part of the DT/coolbie...these posts arent filled based on seniority...its based on activness and work...

I'm not assuming anything here. Am awaiting your response, and as I said at the outset, I'm asking merely out of curiosity and am not speaking on behalf of anyone or seeking anyone's interest. Just want to know a little more about how the forum works. hope these answers helped...if you have more...w'ed be happy to address

Thanks in advance.

suan thumbnail
DT,
Varsha has expressed the view that it is unfair to read that people don't care for detailed updates, that they are fine with brief updates as they no longer watch the show for various reasons (story gone bad, or Sushant left).

How can this be unfair? Just as some members love the detailed updates, some will love the brief updates as well. Aren't we also allowed to have our preferences. I am one of those members who said I prefer the brief updates due to the state of the storylines now, and also said I no longer watch the show because of these same stroylines.

When I said I prefer the brief updates, I also said that the longer version should remain, to accomodate those who still want it. You can check with Bhalla, who will tell you that I've always praised his level of work and commisserated with him with having to watch the sad episodes in order to do the updates. (here I will say that these days, the episodes are getting better).

Even Bhalla himself has said he does NOT feel neglected with having the brief update.. He and Tanya agreed to keep both. So why should others try to make it look as if those who don't read Bhalla's updates are somehow wrong and doing an injustice to him, when he doesn't have a problem with it?

This forum is for all members, and not everyone will agree about everything. This was a solution arrived at with the consent of the DT, so why is this now a problem?

I don't have a problem with Bhalla's promotion given the reason behind it. That does not mean I have to read his updates to show him support. I should be free to read what suits my situation. I had explained that reading the detailed upates were becoming a chore for me, making me upset or angry with the way the CV's were dealing with the tracks. So if the shorter updates made me happier and more relaxed, what is wrong with that?

Though I no longer watch the snow, I still have some interest in it. I have watched it from the first episode, so I am still curious to see what happens in the show...how they dealt with the latest leap, how they will deal with Archana's and Manav's situation now, what will be the outcome with Ovi and Teju re Archana, etc.

For me, it's like having closure to see the show to it's conclusion, whenever that is. However, all this does not mean that I want to read the long updates. Bhalla and I still chat with one another and exchange the occasional post, so there's no problem there.

I hope all views and wishes will continue to be accomodated on this forum, an much as is possible.

Thanks, DT.
suan thumbnail
Thanks so much Jaz, and a special thanks for the very prompt reply.😊
Yes, you helped alot. I'm always of the view that if one doesn't know something or doesn't understand, then ask. If, like in this case, the questions are answered, then that person is wiser for having asked. If they don't get a response, then at least they asked.

Jaz, I will take you up on your offer about other questions.
I've always wondered what sticky and unsticky means. Sometimes someone speaks about a thread being made sticky or unsticky. Exactly what does this mean?