Pavitra Rishta

.:: PR Grievance Thread - Note pg5::. - Page 6

jnawaz thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I dont know why the issue of BU and WU came up again...its been settled and put to rest...everyone expressed their views on the thread that was created a few weeks ago...we (the DT) discussed many options with both Bhalla and Tanyaz...we came to the decission that both would continue since Bhalla doesnt have any problems with Tanyaz's BU's...the matter is done with...and please...dont single out members for their opinions and what they've said in the past...lets put the issue to rest...both Tanyaz and Bhalla will continue to do their threads daily
PR Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jnawaz thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: suan

Jaz, I will take you up on your offer about other questions.
I've always wondered what sticky and unsticky means. Sometimes someone speaks about a thread being made sticky or unsticky. Exactly what does this mean?

if you notice on pg one of the forum...first we have global announcements which are also on the homepage of IF...then comes teh PR Forum Announcements...where the Help Desk, Creations Gallery etc are...then...you get to the PR forum topics...the sticky topics are the important ones or most popular ones...like Written Updates, EDT, GOTW, DOTW etc...they are made sticky so that they dont get lost on a different page because members usually look for them...for example...lets take a WU...Bhalla does the update...people dont comment so it goes back to pg 4 or 5...then when someone comes on they cant find it...by making it a sticky its right there on pg 1 regardless of when the last comment was made...thats why all announcements, changes and even activity threads (ie: Secret Santa) are made stickies...easy access 😊
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
To the Mods

This is SAD .

Ever since bhalla has got his coolbie status the poor boy has not been even to ENJOY it for a moment in peace . The very day he got it , questions were flung at mods about the fairness of it , about the unfairness shown to Tanya .

In short it was said Bhalla did NOT deserve it  though it was added quickly enough that we are not saying bhalla should not get it  BUT yada yada yada... HOW is he on DT team , how is he promoted to coolbie status etc .

I wish to point out that when ANYONE does the detailed update daily it entails a lot of hard work and commitment ...and naturally the one doing it expects the credit to the maximum capacity . Its absolutely FAIR to expect this .

When The Brief Update thread suddenly started , a lot of people started reading it , clicking on Like Buttons and going off , thanking Tanya . In short a lot of credit went to Tanya for comparatively little work . Here I am not criticizing Tanya ...I am merely pointing out that she was doing her job ...giving a BRIEF update .  And the like button clicks on the Detailed Updates decreased . I still remember one day there were literally 5 members only who had clicked on the like button on Bhalla's update .

Later it got evened out as many started finding it unfair to him . But it would be fair to say that the credit got DIVIDED . And bhalla , being the gentleman that he is , he did NOT MIND .

Some members pointed this out . When DT team and Tanya talked to him , bhalla did not object . But that was HIS decency . 90 % of the people who would have done the detailed update afer coming home tired from school WOULD have minded . TERRIBLY too . I know I would have . 

That decency allowed the Brief Update to continue ...bhalla made no points about how his hard work got dwindled credit , nor did he question the NECESSITY of the Brief update by pointing out that if collecting a group on it was the purpose of starting it as clearly some were saying that going on EDT thread was uncomfortable for them ...if THAT was indeed the purpose , why make Brief Update thread ? Make some OTHER thread ! 

I am NOT saying THIS was the purpose of the Brief Update thread . I am pointing out that bhalla COULD have said this . He could have said this on the basis that no members gathered in a group on HIS update thread , ever . But they seemed to flock on Tanya's Update thread just like they did during SOTD times .

He made no objections , was pretty decent about the whole thing and made his update diligently , half credit or full credit or no credit and then came on EDT thread in the evenings , did his customary review posts and left . See how he respected the rules ...mods had told that EDT thread is the discussion thread .

For being such a perfect member ...always well behaved , polite who made no issues about anything , what did poor bhalla get ? Questions like HOW has he been made a coolbie ? When there r far more OTHER deserving members ?

No one doubts the deserving capacity of those members ...but they left of their own accord , came back of their own accord ! Meanwhile this guy was quietly and diligently going on doing this job , inspite of a tiring schedule and his ip address being repeatedly hacked due to mischief makers ...he went to other addresses and did updates from there instead of  passing the job to others . I know this for a fact .

He generously did not mind the credit thing . His update was more detailed so that expectation should have been there , but bhalla did not expect even THAT .

Such a member is targeted for his 'undeserved' coolbie status with comments like ...he has negative bias and how he deserves to be a coolbie ?

A coolbie cannot have his personal opinion of the show ? He too has to give a view that ONLY the majority will like ?

What kind of  petty campaigning for your favorite is this when he has been been exactly the opposite and given you guys your brief update thread without a trace of pettiness ?

If reading the detailed update was a chore for some due to the terrible details and the Brief Update blotted out the unpleasant details , ...did bhalla ever point out that those unpleasant details were thrashed back and forth in the BU thread conversationally anyways ?

Spare him please . Respond to his goodness with what it deserves . No , I am not lawyering for him , I merely state my opinion on this . Had I been in his place I would have been very sad . 

No offense to anyone . I fully support his coolbie status . And I request Mods to still pay attention to the credit ...it should go fairly to the one who puts in hard work .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 years ago
sherma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@kooldi:fab post,i agree to ur each and every point,its really sad,bhalla truely deserve the coolbie status
suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: jnawaz

if you notice on pg one of the forum...first we have global announcements which are also on the homepage of IF...then comes teh PR Forum Announcements...where the Help Desk, Creations Gallery etc are...then...you get to the PR forum topics...the sticky topics are the important ones or most popular ones...like Written Updates, EDT, GOTW, DOTW etc...they are made sticky so that they dont get lost on a different page because members usually look for them...for example...lets take a WU...Bhalla does the update...people dont comment so it goes back to pg 4 or 5...then when someone comes on they cant find it...by making it a sticky its right there on pg 1 regardless of when the last comment was made...thats why all announcements, changes and even activity threads (ie: Secret Santa) are made stickies...easy access 😊

Thanks so much Jaz.Smile  Now I understand.
suan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
To the DT,
I thought this thread was to direct concerns to you regarding issues members have, and not for general discussions regarding their personal views.
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I have no problems at all that Bhalla is Coolbie , I am happy for him and yes  he work really hard ..I keep  thanking him all the time  👍🏼 ...Just  a few days ago I said thanks to him in my thread ...
It's sweet that some members want me also to be Coolbie but honestly guys ..., I didn't even know what Coolbie meant only till a few days ago ...😆

As long as you guys are enjoying  yourself , I am happy ...

I do the brief update and it helps some people to read a quick and early update and if they had fun reading it then that is all I want ...Reall y I don't want anything else ...If in my whole day I have managed to make some people happy for a short while , what more can one ask for  ...

Like Thanee likes reading the quick update in her lunch hour and then reads the detailed one when she comes at home ...

About the brief update taking  credit from Bhalla...I don't think that is the case .Both the updates have their important places and are enjoyed by everyone ...
If still some feel that bief update is not doing justice to Bhalla  then I have no problems stopping it ...
I will start SOTD again, no problem    and me and my friends can get there and discuss the show in our own way .I had taken  permission from the mods that is it allowed to discuss the show in the brief update thread and they had given me permission only then did I start it ..Have done nothing  without permission ...
Whatever I will do will only be done if the mods give me permission for it ...

I think everyone in this forum should have fun ...the ones who go to Brief Update or Bhalla's update or the ones who go to EDT ...everyone should be happy doing their own thing ...

I don't really have anything  more to say ...
Edited by Tanyaz - 12 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
DT

Can you guys clear up one Q for me...

Are we allowed to have our own topics so we - our friends can get together and have fun?? 

When I use I or We does not mean me...It is a general Questioon applying  abt any member.

I remember Kool's commentary, Hope's samachar patra,  even at one time bday topics were not allowed any more...EDT topic was set up FOR EVERYONE  to discuss the show so extra topics would not be opened...We had to get permission from mods to open topic...Than suddenly we saw SOTD allowed besides Update topic..

Thanks for allowing Bday topics, Humorous topics, FF or Fan club topics for the member...DT has given consideration to reasonable requests...

Hope this Q is not misread by anyone..Its a general Q..
Edited by Dabulls23 - 12 years ago
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I opened the SOTD and now I open the Brief update thread .I have done both threads by first taking  permission from the moderators .Both these threads are enjoyed by members and they mean no harm to no one ...

I hope that members are having fun in other threads also and enjoying the show ...
koolsadhu1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
To The DT

My post is now corrected and I have addressed the issue to you . I apologise for sending it quickly , even I was not satisfied with it . 

I ask you to correct the unfairness to bhalla and ask you the same question ...can topics be opened for fun when Mods closed them down due to chaos in the forum ?

If so , Can we open Fun topics too ? For instance ...Kool's Commentary ?

Coz our harmless names like Peacock or Saint Purvi etc r NOT taken in a spirit of fun . They are not bad words but actually made with aspirit of FUN . We have no objection to MOTHER INDIA . Objection was never from our side .

Can it be like before ? Two Fun Topics co existing ? Members relaxing in whichever thread they choose to ?

We can work on the groupism part and see that negativity is curtailed .

Forum does need FUN as Tanya pointed . This way Bhalla's Update can not lose credit .

But if only SOTD is allowed and we are not allowed our fun thread it will be unfair .

Please Consider . We will withdraw objection to the Fun thread allotted to only one group if we get fair treatment .

We can start the New Year by co existing . 

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 12 years ago