R. K. Laxman ki Duniya

llR.K.Laxman Ki Duniyall-Article Archive

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Hello

You will find all the articles regarding the show and it's characters right here.

Thank You
Deboleena

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

R K Laxman cartoons now on your TV sets

R K Laxman cartoons now on your TV sets
Get ready to watch legendary R K Laxman's cartoons turn into a daily sitcom as Hats Off Productions and Dharmesh Mehta come together and produce R K Laxman ki Duniya.

The show which will air from November 28 is based on the cartoons of R K Laxman and will depict the story of a common man who faces the troubles of everyday life in a light hearted manner.

The show is a tribute to the cartoonist whose work has always touched topics like politics and bureaucracy and represents the face of the Indian middle class. J D Majethia, known for creating shows which use humour to talk about simple topics, plans to do the same here. When asked about how he plans to take on the responsibility of adapting Laxman's cartoons he said, "We decided to make a show on Laxmanji's work but found it very difficult to adapt it to everyday life. We worked on the philosophy of each cartoon and from there presented our interpretation on it. So every show will feature his cartoon in the start and the story will be based on that. And to make it relatable to our audience the show will focus on problems that the common man faces now. There are some issues which haven't changed since Laxmanji's time. Other than these we will also focus on entertaining our audience because we can't talk about political or social issues all the time."

Wagle Ki Duniya, a similar show, aired a few years ago and each episode was personally narrated by R K Laxman himself. But both the shows are very different. "Wagle Ki Duniya was a weekly in which R K Laxmanji himself narrated the script. Unfortunately we don't have his guidance now but ours being a daily we have simplified the format. Our show involves a lot of characters since that is a requirement for a daily show," JD explains.

There are a lot of other comedy shows right now as well such as Taarak Mehta ka Oolta Chashma or Lapataganj. "These shows are based on community living and discuss related problems. Our show talks about the common man and his issues and how he deals with it. So I don't think comparison between the shows would occur," he said.

Considering his previous shows have been hugely successful, we asked him what is he expecting from R K Laxman ki Duniya. "I am expecting a lot of respect because of his iconic work. I view this as a big responsibility. I am hoping that we are able to do justice to it and present it to the audience efficiently," he said.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Ankita Bhargava to cameo in R.K.Laxman ki Duniya

Thursday, December 08, 2011 | 12:53:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Ankita Bhargava to cameo in R.K.Laxman ki Duniya

Unnati of Dekha Ek Khwaab all set to essay Monica in R.K.Laxman...

Ankita Bhargava, whose glimpse we saw in Sony TV's Dekha Ek Khwaab as Unnati, has bagged another cameo in Hats Off's R. K. Laxman ki Duniya.

A source revealed to Tellybuzz , "Ankita Bhargava has been part of the Hats Off family since she was 13.Therefore, she was also seen in Hats Off's Mrs.Tendulkar which recently finished it's run. And now she has been offered a cameo in R. K. Laxman ki Duniya's coming episodes."

"Ankita would be playing the role of Monica, enters the colony as a Fitness and Health representative who will check health status of the members. She finished shooting for the episode a few days back which is expected to be telecast sometime this week."

We contacted Ankita who confirms, "Yes, I am doing R. K. Laxman ki Duniya as Hats Off and I are like family and I cannot say no to them. Therefore, in spite of shooting for Dekha Ek Khwaab, I managed to do the show."

Hope the audience is enjoying the R.K.Laxman sitcom!

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

SAB TV's R. K . Laxman Celebarte New Year in a different style

Friday, December 30, 2011 | 11:16:42 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
SAB TV's R. K . Laxman Celebarte New Year in a different style

SAB TV's R. K. Laxman ki Duniya to give a tribute to evergreen actor of Bollywood Dev Anand.

SAB TV's R. K. Laxman ki Duniya is a series that is based on the books and works of famous cartoonist R.K. Laxman. The episodes and incidents involve happenings in the life of The Common Man as depicted by Laxman over the years. The creative team is planning a different celebration for New Year's.

The cast will pay tribute to Dev Anand during their New Year celebration wherein they will sing and perform on the popular tracks of Dev Anand.

We contacted Vandana Pathak who told Tellybuzz," Yes we are all performing on Dev Anand's track for the New Year celebration. He is an evergreen and romantic actor. Personally, I used to admire him a lot. It was fun shooting the New Near's episode. We were so tired dancing but still everybody waited for each others' shoot to  cheer during the performance and  to complete everybody's shoot. We tried celebrating New Year with a different tribute to Dev Anand."

As the stage is all set, let us sit back and enjoy the performance in the coming episodes of the SAB TV show.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
With so much excitement in the air to usher in 2012 and people dancing to the tunes of latest Bollywood songs, SAB TV's RK Laxman Ki Duniya team paid tribute to evergreen Bollywood star Dev Anand by performing to his melodious tracks.

Vandana Pathak, Atul Parchure, Deepak Gheewala, Mahesh Kokate, Gulfam and other cast members danced to Hoton pe aisi baat, Panna ki tammana hai and kaancha re kaancha re to name a few.

Vandana aka Bakula Vasavada, says, "I have grown up watching Dev Anand's movies and I am a huge fan of his dancing style. It's an honour for me to pay a tribute to him by performing on one of my favourite songs."

Atul (Bhavesh Vasavada), adds, "Dev Anand had an amazing style of his own. Paying a tribute to him in his style was difficult but I was looking forward to performing to his song." All the cast members performed in pairs, competing with each other.

Watch them dance to the foot tapping numbers of Dev Anand's songs on New Year's Eve on RK Laxman Ki Duniya every Monday-Friday at 9.30 pm on SAB TV.

SOURCE:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Remembering-Dev-Anand/articleshow/11304295.cms

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Celebrating Makarsankranti

TNN | Jan 14, 2012, 12.00AM IST
A still from RK Laxman Ki Duniya
The forthcoming episode of RK Laxman Ki Duniya will see the Vasavada, Kutty and Kulkarni families come together to celebrate Makarsankranti. The entire cast and crew got into a festive mood during the shoot.

Vandana Pathak says, "It felt like one huge family coming together. The celebration took me back to my childhood days in Gujarat. We all had til laddus, gud-kurmura, srikhand-puri, gud ki roti, undhiyo and dhokla which all of us had got from our respective homes." The episode had a kite flying scene and the actors got so involved in the festivities that they started flying kites even before the shoot began as a result of which, there were no kites left for the actual shoot.

Nayana Aapte aka Kaveri Kulkarni says, "We have tried to address some perceptions that are attached with these festivals such as women flying kites was never encouraged in the early days so here we have all the women flying kites."

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Gulfam Khan in Talash!

Saturday, February 11, 2012 | 2:35:18 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Gulfam Khan in Talash!

Gulfam Khan to Play the bad one in Aamir's next…

Gulfam Khan's character of Rajni Amma from SAB TV's R. K. Laxman ki Duniya is getting famous these days. The lady, who has showcased her talent in a few Bollywood flicks, has another one in her kitty.

Her character from Diya Aur Baati Hum too got recognised.

A little birdie informs, "Gulfam Khan would essay a prominent role in Aamir Khan's Talash. Gulfam would essay a negative but a very strong character. If Aamir Khan's character would be on the right side of the story then Gulfam would be on the wrong side."

We contacted Gulfam who was very thrilled and happy to share, "Yes, I have shot for Talash and it was great to work in the movie. My character, I would say, is a turn which would take the story forward and that's all I can share with you. Otherwise, overall, the experience was great for me to work with 'The Perfectionist'."

We wish you luck for the movie!

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Speak Asia files a case against Hats Off!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 | 4:41:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Speak Asia files a case against Hats Off!

Legal tussle for JD's team…

The Speak Asia controversy is well known to the common man. The company which provides a way to earn lots of money by filling out  online survey forms, has been under scanner and investigations by the Indian government from last few months.

But it seems Jd Majethia's Hats Off production's R. K. Laxman ki Duniya has brought the issue back to the common man through their recent episodes. Unfortunately these episodes have pulled them into a legal battle.

The latest buzz we hear is that the recent episodes of R. K. Laxman ki Duniya which threw light on the Speak Asia fraud have left a bad taste in the latter's mouth. Therefore, Speak Asia, claiming that they are genuine, has filed a case against Hats Off Productions.

A source informs, "Last week, after a few episodes of the show, Hats Off got a call from Speak Asia asking them to stop the telecast of the coming episodes. If this was not carried out, they said that they would be compelled to file a case. But as R.K.Laxman is a show for the common man, Jd Majethia continued the telecast of the show and has accepted the battle from Speak Asia. Tomorrow is the hearing of the case,"

We contacted Jd Majethia on this issue and he commented, "Let me check with my legal team whether I can comment on this or not at this point, as we have our final hearing tomorrow."

Stay tuned for more updates.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Hats off wins the case against Speak Asia!

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 | 4:27:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Hats off wins the case against Speak Asia!

The court drops all charges, deeming them as null and void...

Few weeks ago, Tellybuzz had exclusively reported about Speak Asia filing a case against Hats Off production's R. K. Laxman ki Duniya as they telecast an episode in which they used the word Silent Asia, which eventually prove to be the fraudulent organization in the story.

These particular episodes caught the sight of the Speak Asia people, who then filed a case against the production house demanding that the show be pulled off air as it was spreading incorrect messages to the audience about Speak Asia.

But the latest we hear is that Hats Off Production has won the case against the company leaving all the charges on them as null and void.

"Speak Aisa had filed a case on Hats off for using the word Silent Asia, which seemed similar to the word Speak Asia and was blamed to be a fraudulent company on the channel. But as per the hearing of the case, the word Asia seemed to be the only common word which was used by both and the word can be used by any one. Therefore, the case and all the charges on Hats off were dropped, "adds the source.

The final hearing was held on the 29th of Februray.

We contacted Jd Majethia and he confirmed the buzz.

Finally, The 'common man' wins the case!