•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
I am not scared of Bipasha
It's the perfect tussle between the bold and the beautiful. If one is a pretty, glamorous lass then the other is a sex siren. Bollywood actress Amrita Rao who is signed along with Bengali bombshell Bipasha Basu for director John Mathew Mathan's next film, says showing off skin like her co-star is not her cup of tea. "I don't believe in imitating others. I am not the one who will ape other actresses' costumes, make-up and hair-do. I am confident of my work and I am not part of the rat race for skin-show just because I have to give competition to someone. I am not at all scared of Bipasha and the fact that I have been roped in against her. On the contrary, I feel that we both have very contrasting looks, style, public images and characters so my character will be as attractive as Bipasha," says Amrita. The actress made her debut with Ab Ke Baras but hit the limelight after Vishq with co-star Shahid Kapur and coincidentally in her fourth film too she will be working with Shahid. Talking about her on-screen chemistry with the chocolate hero, she says, "There are successful on-screen pairs like Priyanka-Akshay and Hrithik-Kareena similarly, I also love working with Shahid."

While Amrita feels the character she plays in any film scores more than being in the race for skin show, Bipasha, on the other hand, feels that her sex appeal in a film will be in accordance with her conviction to do different roles. "I think whatever you do, be it a sexy appearance or a hot number, unless you market it properly, it won't succeed. I have enough experience from my films in the past and I enjoy the status of a sex siren. I feel that I have to be very particular about branding and marketing of myself plus a bigger banner to work with gives more credibility," she says.