Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Great start Cant wait to read the next part~!
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for your comments and encouragement. This is the second chapter. Do continue reading.

Chapter 2

"Hello. This is Aham. Who is on the line?" came a most familiar voice.

"Gopi who is it?" Kokila walked towards the phone. It took Gopi a minute to realize that Aham was waiting for her answer. She silently gave the receiver to Kokila and walked towards the Kitchen. Kokila looked at her go with an expression of sadness. "Gopi.. Mom. Are you there? Mom... " Aham was speaking into the phone."Hello Aham. How are you? I was expecting your call yesterday. How is work? Are you talking care of your health?" Kokila was pounding Aham with questions. Aham smiled. "Yes Mom. I am alright. The project is on track and I am good. How are you? How is everyone else? Kaka, Kaki, Baa, Papa, Jigar and Gop." Before Aham could finish Kokila interupped. "We are all good Aham."

A sudden crash came from the Kitchen. Kokila hollered. "Gopi vahu what happened? Did something fall? Are you hurt?" She left the phone hanging and rushed to the kitchen. The sight she saw there made her smile. Gopi was covered with flour. She immediately understood that Gopi had tried reaching for the flour tin at the top and had actually succeeded in bringing it down this time albeit on top of her head. She was shaking the flour off herself. When she saw Kokila, her eyes filled uo and fear clouded her face.. "Woh maaji.. Woh .. I tried getting the flour for Dhokla.." She was unable to finish. She hung her head and stood there just waiting to be blasted.
Kokila's heart went out to Gopi.  "Gopi vahu. It is ok. Just clean yourself and the kitchen and start breakfast." She turned. "It is alright." She added softly and walked back to the phone.

Gopi looked up with confusion. She was expecting her maaji to scold her. But her maaji had again surprised her. Gopi thought about the previous few times when she had made mistakes. She had forgotten to remove the clothes from the terrace before the rain a couple of days back and was late to wake up on another day thus missing the milkman. Her Maaji had just told her not to repeat the mistakes again. She had actually asked the milkman to come in 1/2 hour late from the next day. Gopi could not understand why. However, she was happy that her maaji was not angry. She went back to cleaning the kitchen and preparing breakfast.

Kokila came back to the hall to see the receiver hanging. She realized that in her urgency to see if everything was alright, she had forgotten the call from Aham. She walked over quickly to replace the receiver. Aham may be trying to call her again.
"Mom.. Is Gopi alright? Mom.. Are you there? WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING?" Kokila was startled. Aham was still on line. "Don't shout Dikra. I had to go check in the kitchen. Everything is alright. Will talk to you later. Take care. Bye." Kokila said into the phone. She had had to hold the receiver a couple of inches away from her ear. Aham had been shouting. "But mom.. You said.. Is Go.." Aham heard the dial tone on the phone.

His mom had cut the call. He started pacing. "I hope everything is alright. Seems like Gopi was in the kitchen. What was the crash? Is she hurt? God. Mom is sometimes too short on calls. She does not tell me anything.." Aham could hold it no longer and dialed his home again.

Kokila was just moving away from the phone when she heard it ring again. "Mom." "Aham. I thought you were going to sleep. We just talked." "Mom.. That is.. I did not have a chance to say a proper goodbye. So called to make sure I did.." Aham added sheepishly. He did not know how to continue. "Aham.. Jai Shree Krishna. Good Night.Take care." His mom said. He wanted to ask her about Gopi but Aham knew that his mother may misinterpret his concern. Like the last time... However he wanted to know if Gopi was fine. She was still his wife and .. "Bye Mom.. And I will call you again day after. Don't worry. And mom I just wanted to again make sure you are ok.." he continued.

"Aham... I know your schedule and please go back to sleep. Don't worry.." Aham looked at the phone dejected. He was about to cut the call when he heard his mom continue.. "about Gopi vahu. She is not hurt." and finished the call.

Aham looked at the receiver let out a sigh of relief. He had not realized that he had held his breath when his mom mentioned Gopi. Gopi.. His mouth curved into a smile.. And when he realized what he had just done, he immediately changed his expression. "That clumsy girl would have dropped something. Very like her.." He thought. "Hope she did not hurt herself. Stupid girl never tells anybody even when hurt." Aham started pacing again.

Kokila looked at the phone. And smiled. She knew her son and his 'concern'. Then she sighed. It looked at it would take some more time. She looked towards the kitchen. She just prayed that he would not be too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
famzii05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
lovely...really liked it!! aww ahem is so slow, gopi covered in flour...looking like a ghost! LOL nice track...and gopi and kokilas realtionship is soo nice...please try to make the next one longer 😉 continue sooon...waiting
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
great update...ahem still refusing to acknowledge his feelings...koki is on to him though...waiting for the next update
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Very nice Update Loved it 
Cant wait to read the next part~!
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
read both the parts.. loved them... ahem is ahem... gopi full of flour LOL😆
Justlikethat1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is the third part and I am stopping the update for today. Thanks again for the comments.

To say the least, this chapter is just to introduce where the characters especially Aham stand.  I tried explaining Aham's PoV this time.
In the next couple of updates will try to explain what Gopi and Koki feel. In my opinion, Aham just does not want to come out of his comfort zone however, unlike the need for a big push, I think all Aham needs is time. Hence I apologize if the story does not move forward very soon. I will try to maintain a decent pace.

Please keep reading and giving me your feedback!!!

Chapter 3

Gopi started towards her room. She needed to change her Sari. Kakiji had come when she was cleaning and had laughed at her. It was really nice to see Kakiji laugh after a long time.. After that day... "Bhabhi.. What happened to you?" Jigar came running towards Gopi. Gopi smiled at him and narrated the events. Jigar laughed at her. "Bhabhi you do look like you have come down from the clouds.. You know.." Gopi smiled. "Bhabhi Bhai called." "Yes devarji. I know. Maaji just talked to him."  "Oh. But he called me too. Just 2 minutes ago. Told me to give you the phone. He said he needed some information and it sounded really urgent." Jigar handed the phone over to Gopi and turned back. "Bhabhi I will get the phone when I come back to change for office. ok."  With that he raced downstairs.
Gopi was puzzled.She kept looking at the phone and went inside her room. She had talked to Aham just a couple of days back. It was a routine now. Aham called to talk to her once a week. Only Jigar knew of the arrangement. She had pleaded with Jigar when he had refused to help Aham out in the beginning. And he had relented. He was like that. Why cannot Rashi ben understand that? She thought looking at Jigar go.
She walked into her room starring at the phone. "Now why did Ahamji want to talk to me so soon?" Suddenly the phone came to life. "Hello. Jigar. Did you manage.." Before Aham could continue he heard Gopi say "Ji. Its me Gopi. Jigarji gave me phone. You wanted something?"

Aham was stumped for a minute. He then smiled. "Nothing urgent Gopi. Just thought I would talk to you. You did not talk to me today when I called." He ended accusingly. "But Ji. You told me that it is better if we do not talk to each other around everyone right? It will raise their hopes and..." "Ok Ok.. I know.. You dont have to remind me... "Aham was irritated. "Doesn't she want to talk to me? She gives me some excuse or other. Huh.." But immediately remembered the reason for his call. "Gopi, I called to ask you.." "Ji" "Are you hurt? Did something fall on you. Why can't you be careful? Are you in pain?" Gopi could not get a word in.. She gave a smile. Like mom like son.  "No Ahamji. I am alright. It was just the flour tin..."

When Aham completed his call he was smiling. "She would have looked too cute for words." he thought. He looked at the photo on his desk and smiled. It was the one with him and Gopi when they were teasing Jigar. His Papa had snapped the shot. It looked perfect. Three people who relatives but looked more like friends. Great Friends..Aham sighed.

Why do people have to make it complicated. He did not see any reason. Here he was talking to his best friend in secret even though she was his wife.. All because he did not want to disappoint his mom again. She had been disappointed enough. But what could he do if his mom had jumped the gun when he had taken care of Gopi after her operation? She thought he had fallen in love. Just because he had taken care of her and got her some stuff to help her? It was ridiculous.
Then his mom had dropped the bomb during the pooja at home. She had asked him to accept his love in front of all. He had refused. He did not want to lie.
That day he had tried explaining to his mom that he had taken care of Gopi out of humanity. She had grown to become a friend a good friend.. Nothing more or less..
He had looked around to see disappointment in all faces. But what puzzled him was the look on Gopi's face. It had become undecipherable. Like there was nothing left for her to feel.

He felt his heart tug him somewhere when he remembered her that day. He sighed deeply.

His mom had been mad. When he had come back to his room, Gopi had walked in silently and had started her routine before sleeping. He had asked her if she was ok and had told her what he felt. Somewhere he had felt a need to make her understand. He had explained how he never looked at Gopi in any other way other than as a friend. He had been tired of all the emotional drama and had wanted some solace. She had remained quiet all through. When he had finished, she had placed her hand on his and had assured him that she would always support him... as a friend. She had smiled after that and Aham had known immediately. There could be no one else like her.

She had also somehow managed to assure his mom. He still did not know what had happened and how Gopi had managed it.
But when he had come down the next day, everyone was back to normal. However he had still felt a strain. It had looked like all were upset. Even Gopi had not talked to him properly but when he asked she had smiled and said it was nothing. She had told him something about being tired after the pooja. He had wanted to pursue it further but something had stopped him. He had not wanted to know. Then two days later came the proposal. It required either him or Kaka to travel to NY. His Kaka had suggested he go. He was surprised and happy. When he went back home, his mom had just looked at him for a couple of minutes. Then she had smiled and told him she was happy. She had even helped him pack.
That night he had told Gopi about the trip and also that he would be away for 3 months. He had thought she had sighed as though a big weight had been lifted off her. Then she had proceeded to say that she was happy for him and he would win the project. His heart had swelled with pride. She had made sure he had everything packed on time. His first 2 weeks in NY had been made easier by her efficiency.
The only thing that irked him when he had come here was that he could not talk to Gopi. Nobody let him. On the 6th day he had called home again. "Hello Aham beta, How are you?" His Kaki had asked. Before he could answer his mom had come and had asked him why he had called so soon again. He asked his mom about Gopi and that was when she had started teasing him about missing his wife . Something about not being able to be away from his love. He had finally snapped. "I DO NOT LOVE HER. PLEASE MOM. I CANNOT AND NEVER WILL." He had shouted and it was then he had realized that his mom had put him on speaker. Because he heard a collective gasp. And his mom saying "Gopi Vahu... Stop..."
Aham closed his eyes. He knew he had made a big mistake that day. He had humiliated her again.. unintentionally but still. Nobody at home had talked to him properly after that.. He had called home multiple times only to hear the curt voice of his mother tell him she was ok and that he worry only about his work. He had asked her to let him talk to Gopi. But his mother would hear none of it. Then one day when discussing some project detail with Jigar, he had heard Gopi in the background. He had asked Jigar to give her the phone. Jigar had flat out refused. "Why? do you want to hurt her again Bhai?" He had asked and it stung. But he had then heard her talking to Jigar and asking him for the phone.
When Gopi had finally come on line he had started to apologize. "It is alright Ahamji. You did not say anything wrong. You just told what you felt. Don't worry. But please do not ask Maaji about me again" Aham had felt relief at her reassurance. At least Gopi understood him. But somehow he had been loath to end that call. Hence he had proposed to call me every week on Jigar's cell. He had wanted to make sure that she still considered him her friend. And thus started the secret calls to Gopi.
Aham stared at the laptop screen and came out of his thoughts. Slowly things had come back to normal. His mom was talking to him like before. He snapped out of his thoughts. He still had work to do. "In all this I forgot to tell Gopi about the dinner party with Anitha yesterday." He thought. But decided to let Gopi know during the next call.. He smiled again and looked at his phone He really missed talking to Gopi..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There!! How do you like it? Comments and feedback please...
Next update - Gopi's PoV and what happened to JIgar and Rashi?
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
great update...so ahem thinks gopi is his best friend!!!!!!...and anitha on the scene now...will be interesting to see how he realises his love for gopi...will wait for ur update tomorrow
MereMahiyaa. thumbnail
Amazing Update Your are a great writter 
Dont like the Ahem in this story i feel so sad for Gopi😔
hope he will Change
Cant wait to read the next part!
Traxy101 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This chapter explained a lot, thanks for updating so quickly!