Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

New channel Life OK launched, Madhuri Dixit to be sutradhaar

NEW DELHI: Star India's new channel Life OK goes on air Sunday with Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit being the 'sutradhaar'. The stories will have compelling content that flows from the philosophy that 'Life is Ok', and ad breaks are kept shorter. 

"Life OK is a unique name which is in itself a statement of its philosophy, compelling content that flows from that philosophy and an unprecedented focus to cater to the viewer's needs," Star India CEO Uday Shankar said in a statement. 

"We found that viewers wanted better value for their time. Hence the stories on Life OK will be told seven days a week and will feature three stories every hour. People often said that they did not understand why we were doing a certain story and hence Madhuri Dixit will be the 'sutradhar' - a completely novel introduction on Life OK," Shankar added. 

The channel also promises to have shorter ad breaks. 

"Everybody that we spoke to said that they wanted shorter ad breaks, so Life OK will have the shortest ad breaks for any channel anywhere in this country," Shankar said. 

Being a 'sutradhaar', Madhuri will guide viewers about the stories on the channel and its link to the channels philosophy. 

The shows cover a wide spectrum of emotions - "Meri Maa" pays tribute to special bond between a mother and a child; "Mahadev" is about Lord Shiva's journey; "Saubhagyavati Bhava" shows the sorrow of a young woman whose parents focused on external appearances while choosing her life partner; "Smile Please" shares that the glue that binds a family is the values and not the money; and "Tum Dena Saath Mera" will show how simple joys of life have become casualties of materialistic world. 

And there will be " Sach Ka Saamna", hosted by Rajeev Khandelwal, which will put the spotlight on pervasive moral and economic corruption.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madhuri Dixit turns anchor on Life OK channel

The channel, where Madhuri Dixit's stint would last si
x months, will go on air from Sunday.

RELATEDS

Madhuri Dixit is all set to appear as an anchor to launch a new entertainment channel called Life OK.

Denying the speculation that she was the channel's official partner, she said she was only anchoring it to launch it to the masses. "I am not a business partner," Madhuri told Mail Today.

The actress's job will be that of a storyteller or "brand philosopher". "The channel will have value-based shows. I'll be the 'sutradhar ' and will interpret and discuss the shows with the viewers," Madhuri said.

The channel, where the actress's stint would last six months, will go on air from Sunday.

It is the first project Madhuri has undertaken after returning to India from the US in October, with her two sons and husband Dr S. Nene.

She seems to have been roped in for Life OK looking at her small screen outing last year onJhalak Dikhlaa Jaa, which had a decent viewership.

Life OK is being launched by Star India Pvt Ltd, which has drawn the curtains on its eight-year-old Hindi channel Star One.

The new channel will also mark the return of the controversial reality show Sach Ka Samna-Bhrashtachar Ke Khilaf Sach Ki Awaz. In its second season, anchor-actor Rajeev Khandelwal will grill participants on the basis of their honesty at the workplace.

Life OK will also have social dramas such as Meri Maa, Saubhagyavati Bhav, Tum Dena Saath Mera and a mythological show called Devon Ka Dev Mahadev.

"I always felt there were several issues which needed answers. We want to discuss with the viewers matters such as corruption, wife abuse and domestic violence, without being preachy," Madhuri said.

She agreed that the family shows to be aired on the channel are not radically different from the ones shown on other channels. But, she said: "We can't suddenly change the audience's taste. Since the Indian audience is used to watching family shows, we need to offer rich stories and bring to the fore thought-provoking issues which are not widely discussed by the middle-class."

Madhuri seems to have found the small screen a safer option as she earlier anchored a Zee TV cookery reality show, Food Food Maha Challenge , with chef Sanjeev Kapoor.

"Since I have returned to India, my priority is to make my children comfortable and give them more time. So I am picking projects judiciously," she said.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/madhuri-dixit-to-anchor-shows-on-life-ok-channel/1/164674.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faraan92 thumbnail
Sriti Jha

Life OK hit the screens with a gamut of new shows yesterday (18 December 2011) and it seems to be a channel which will definitely impress the masses. New show means new opportunities for television actors. Sriti Jha, who debuted with Disney's Dhoom Machaao Dhoom and later went on to appear in Jiya Jale on 9X, has been roped in by UTV to play the role of Jahnvi –a victim of domestic violence – in their latest offering Dil Se Di Dua…Saubhagyavati Bhava on the same channel.

Her character is that of a normal girl who gets married to a very rich man Viraj (Karanvir Bohra). Viraj is over-possessive and over-protective towards his wife.

"I accepted the role as it is a challenge to react to such a complex character like Viraj," says Sriti. She further goes on to say that Viraj will initially appear to be loving and caring, but as the show will progress his true colours will get revealed. "In the last night's episode, everyone has seen that I tried to run away from the house, but he brought me back. He appears to be sweet, but things will get difficult in the future," says the lovely lady who has always tried to experiment as an actor, be it a princess in Shaurya Aur Suhani, a split personality in Jyoti or a blind girl inRakt Sambandh.

Furthermore, she thinks that many women from smaller towns will relate to her character as domestic violence is rampant in those areas. "It is so sad that most women don't know what to do in such a situation. It is not that easy to walk out of a marriage as they have to take many things into account before taking a big step like divorce," ends the gracious lady.

Noble thought, Sriti. Hope you become an inspiration for many and help women deal with the menace of domestic violence.

Faraan92 thumbnail

"People like grey shaded characters"- Karanvir Bohra

Thursday, December 22, 2011 | 6:02:59 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    77 Comments
"People like grey shaded characters"- Karanvir Bohra

Karanvir Bohra in conversation with TellyBuzz on his new show Dil se di dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava? on Life OK

After a hiatus, Karanvir Bohra has returned with a bang onscreen with yet another powerful role in Dil Se Di Dua Saubhagyavati Bhava? as Viraj, on the newly launched channel, Life OK. The actor is showcasing his brilliance in acting as Janvi's obsessed husband. 

In a candid chat with TellyBuzz, Karanvir Bohra speaks about his comeback to the small screen and also about his complex role in the show.

How do you feel being back in the industry?
Actually, I do not feel much of a difference because I had not left acting. I was into theatre and plays. I was actually waiting for a right show and I guess this was it.

Can you describe your role in the show?
Viraj is a complex character. He is over possessive about his wife and has grown up in an environment wherein he was taught what was right and what was wrong. He had a deprived childhood which has lead him to be a paranoid human being. Certain things will be revealed as the show progresses. You cannot afford to miss even one episode.

What was the reason for taking up a new show and that too on a new channel?
Actually I really had no plans about coming back. But recently, I was at Salman's (Salman Khan) place as I know Saleem uncle well. He asked me if I was doing anything on television now. When he came to know that I was not, he asked me not to wait too long as television is in great demand these days. Two days after that I got a call from UTV and once I read the script, there was no backing off. I know Life OK is a new channel, but it is under Star Network. So there is no doubt about that.

We had heard that you were offered more than five shows on the same channel, so what was the reason for you to choose this one?
The show is really powerful and I wanted to come back with a character that was challenging. And Viraj is a complicated character, not at all easy to portray.

The show is on the lines of the famous movie Agnisakshi. Do you think people would compare the show with that?
I know the show is on the lines of the movie, but the character that Nana Patekar Ji had portrayed did not have a clinical problem. But herein Viraj has a problem in himself.

How is it working with UTV?
It is good as I had worked earlier with UTV while I was doing Shararat.

Apart from Shararat, you have mostly done grey shades. Do you think that suits you?
Frankly I believe that people like grey shaded men. If they do not have a grey shade, how will they transform them into positive men (laughs) Here, in this show as well, Janvi will try to cure Viraj.  

How is working with Sriti Jha and balancing your roles off screen and on screen?
Sriti is really a sweet person and a wonderful actor. We complement each other well. Initially, it was very difficult for us to switch on and off from the scenes and the character. But today we are really cool about the roles.  

The show is 20 mins and all days. Don't you think it's going to be hectic?
See, when I was doing Kasauti,I was working 30 days a month. But now, the CINTAA rules are really a good development for the actors as they are given their personal time as well.

Your wife Teejay is also doing a new show on Get Punjabi with Ekta Kapoor. How does it feel that your wife is going to get associated with a production house with whom you started your daily soap career?
Yes, she is doing a new show with Ekta and I am really happy for her. We both are going to be busy, but we compensate by going to each other's sets.  

Finally a message to your India-Forums fans.
I am glad to be back and people are watching me on screen again. This is a powerful show to watch out for.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Faraan92 thumbnail

Karanvir returns

Karanvir returns

On disappearing from the small screen after Nach Baliye 4, Karanvir Bohra has resurfaced. He will appear on Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava on the new channel Life Ok. The actor has been giving unique reasons for his absence from the small screen. He starts off by saying: "I was very choosy about my projects. After the generation leap in Kasautii Zindagii Kay, I was not keen to play a 40-year-old so I decided to quit the show."

Apparently after Kasautii... the actor was getting a lot of offers for similar roles. "I did Aziz Mirza's film Kismat Konnection but I was getting roles with five other parallel leads which I didn't want to do," says Karan. Pushed to a corner, Karan made a startling decision: "When I was doing Nach..., Farah Khan, who was the judge, told me that I am a good dancer and advised me to learn classical forms of dance as well. You won't believe it, but for two years my wife (Teejay Sidhu) and I didn't face the camera because we were busy learning classical dance and Kathak. We would practise almost all week and today it's paying off," confesses Karan."Now, by God's grace, I have two films coming up — Chemistry (with Shreyas, Tanisha Mukherjee, Soha Ali Khan) and director Anjum Rizvi's 3D venture with Veena Malik," he adds.

Talking about his new avatar in Dil Se Di Dua… Saubhagyavati Bhava, "I got greedy when I was offered this role. I was informed that 75-80 people from the TV and film industry auditioned but I got selected in just two days. Viraj, the character I play is completely opposite to me. It's a very different kind of love that Viraj feels for his wife. Playing this role did take a toll as initially I found it difficult to portray the character. I watched movies like Agnisakshi, Sleeping With The Enemy and Silence Of The Lambs to get into the character's skin. Now I am quite comfortable with it."