\|/Doubts & Discussions about Lord Shiva Part-1\|/ - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by akhl

In Matsya avatar, wasn't Vishnu still unmarried?  I thought that he got married during the Kurma avatar.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

In Matsya avatar, wasn't Vishnu still unmarried?  I thought that he got married during the Kurma avatar.

We need to differentiate between Vishnu and his incarnations. Scriptures mention the word Vishnu but most of places they are talking about some incarnation of the original Vishnu. So, it is quite possible for the original Vishnu to be already married and an incarnation to get married later.

Understood, but what I thought was that the original Vishnu was there supervising the Samudra Manthan, while his avatar - Kurma - was the one supporting the mountain.  Some scriptures count Mohini as the other avatar, which I understand, but the Vishnu himself who was supervising the project was original, and not someone like say, Rama or Krishna, who had taken another birth or form completely to do the project.
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Understood, but what I thought was that the original Vishnu was there supervising the Samudra Manthan, while his avatar - Kurma - was the one supporting the mountain.  Some scriptures count Mohini as the other avatar, which I understand, but the Vishnu himself who was supervising the project was original, and not someone like say, Rama or Krishna, who had taken another birth or form completely to do the project.

No, even he was not the really original Vishnu. He incarnated as Ajit during the reign of the sixth Manu. He was the one supervising the Sagar manthan. Often he is thought of as original Vishnu because he also lived in Vaikunth, flew on Garuda and had sudarhan chakra.
Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

There was a deleted scene in the show where into og Vishnuji, Brahma ji n Lakshmi was shown (if any one noticed that i hd posted the link)
Through their convo. They said Brahmaji hd 5 heads! N one was cut by Shiva !!!
Doesnt any1 knows about the story , y Shiva did it???

http://www.hindupedia.com/en/Kala_Bhairava_Ashtakam

Kalabhairava, the fearsome aspect of Lord Shiva, is the God who is the protector of Benares. Once Brahma insulted Lord Shiva and his fifth head teasingly laughed at Lord Shiva. From Lord Shiva came out the Kalabhairava (Black Bhairava) who tore off the fifth head of Lord Brahma. On the entreaties of Lord Vishnu, Shiva pardoned Lord Brahma. But the sin of beheading Lord Brahma followed Kalabhairava everywhere. Also the head of Brahma stuck to him. To keep away the sin and punishment which were chasing him, Kalabhairava entered the city of Benares. The sin could not enter the city. Kalabhairava was made as the Kotwal of Benares. Kalabhairava rides on a dog. A pilgrimage to Kasi is not supposed to be complete without visiting the temple of Kalabhairava.

Another story identifies Kalabhairava with Veerabhadra who cut off the head of Daksha the father of Sathi Devi, when he insulted Lord Shiva. Sathi's body was cut into pieces and strewn all over India giving rise to Shakthi Peetas. Outside every Shakthi Peeta is the temple for Bhairava.

In another story, Kalabhairava is the form of Shiva who controls the growth and management of time. Whoever wants to spend, manage or ration their time in a proper manner should pray him.

He is also considered as the guardian of temples of Lord Shiva. After locking the doors of the temple of Lord Shiva, the keys are ceremonially offered to Bhairava.

This ashtakam is recited by the priests of the temple of Kalabhairava in Benares before blessing the devotee with a tap by the cane of Lord Kalabhairava.

Edited by mnx12 - 12 years ago
To add to my previous post:-
Ajit lived in Vaikunth but this was another Vaikunth he had created. Lord Ajit's father was Vairaj and mother was Devasambhuti.

Edited by akhl - 12 years ago
I originally thought that along with the Devta needing Amrit, there where many other reasons for the Samudra Manthan. One was because Lakshmi was angry with Vishnu and so she went into the sea. This was meant to happen or something because Ratnakar wanted Lakshmi as a daughter... So anyways they did the Sagar Manthan for Lakshmi to come out too. Think this was in Jai Mahalakshmi serial. Not sure now, was a while ago when I watched it.
Hello Vrish bhaiya & Akhl...
seems like the old Ramayan days then!
Thank you for your responses. I shall get back soon. first got to read them!
Urgent. Please see
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2620650

ok, read all the replies. so much information, most of which i never knew & still dont understand!! but none the less, its always good to try and understand! thank you very much.

as 'Sattvik' above mentioned about Laxmiji going into the sea...this story does ring a bell to me as well, but again not sure.
A new question here: She is considered as a daughter of  Sagar (ocean)...dont know the exact name of Her father...(who is Ratnaker?...Sagar?). Lord Vishnu's abode is Ksherrsagar. Does this mean Ksherrsagar is a different 'personality' than Sagar? Ksherrsagar is in Vaikuntha & Sagar on earth. God is everywhere and nowhere but would it be right to think that the ocean on this earth is also Lord Vishnu's abode?.
'Sagar' as a personality has been mentioned but is there a 'Ksherrsagar personality' too? like Sheeshnaag's?

Edited by bharat9 - 12 years ago