•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
I was re-watching yesterday's episode again and I noticed that Jhanvi's mother said that it's been 2 weeks since her marriage with Viraj.

Just 2 weeks?

And this is how bad things have gotten?

Im sorry, but its a little unrealistic.

If things have gotten to the point where Jhanvi is ready to escape from the house somehow, and Virat is at the point of burning her feet, they should have said that they've been married for 2 months atleast.

It must have been quite a fortnight for their relationship to be at this stage already.

Yuks

It is not unrealistic at all. It just goes to show that Viraj did not feel the need to hide his real face to Jhanvi. He started his abuse of her from the first night, in a psychological way (drinking the cockroach) and that furthermore develops into a physical abuse!

And realising the craziness of her husband, she gets the guard to open up the door and makes a run for it.. only to be caught and him punishing her by burning her feet.  For a girl like Jhanvii who was very lively one slap should have been enough to make her run away!

An abuser doesnt waste any time in abusing his victim!.. Like mentioned above Viraj knows how to play Jhanvii and he knew beating her up wont make much of a difference because he has cut her off from the outside world. Hence the fact that the abuse started this early is not unrealistic nor surprising for someone as crazy as Viraj!
Judging by Viraj's pov and what Sriti said in the SBS vid, it seems that Viraj thinks this is somehow normal in a way to show her he loves her so much and so on... 

I think there is a reason and works better that its just been 2 weeks into it, and its at a point that its pure torture, with what he does with her instead of a few slaps he actually burns her feet and so on, and ties her up...