•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
So I've been tuning in to Afsar Bitiya, and decided to post a question about Saraswati, Krishna's Mother.  

From what I see of her, she knows that the monetary situation of her household is not in her benefit, and it's obviously difficult to makes ends meet.  Although, the first episode led me to believe that she favors her son, while still worries for her daughter's future (in terms of marriage) and does not believe Krishna's desire to study is plausible.  Moreover, she is primarily worried about how to manage her household while completing her duties as a parent (i.e..take care of her son, marry off her daughters).

The second episode, she was not present really, and the third episode, she is back in full swing.  From this episode, she showed a variety of emotions.  With dignity, seeming to accept that her role is more subservient towards her richer family members, she and her older daughter serve the guest beverages.  She is delighted to hear that Krishna passed, but shows her caution when Chanchal tells her Chacha that he should give Krishna Shagun as well.  She immediately wants to bow her head in humility, not wanting her daughters to have more than what she feels they should be given.  It's understandable, she wants to protect her family and not make them seem as takers or beggars.  

Afterwards, at home she fumes at Krishna, saying this desire to study has brought debt collectors to their house, made them spend tons of money on her books, and makes her husband want to participate in this "foolishness" as well.  She is frustrated .. why can't Krishna just want to get married, and why does she want to study .. why does she think she can change her position in life?

Thus, I feel like Saraswati is torn.  She obviously does not see how Krishna can overcome this cycle of life that she has been accustomed too, but becomes happy at Krishna's passing of exams (I think of that smile of relief and pride she gives Krishna).  Despite this acknowledgement of success, i feel like she wants to protect her daughter from building a castle in the sky because she ultimately feels that the fall back to reality will be too harsh.  So, she wants to deter Krishna from studying in order to protect her.

What do you think?
Lovely topic agree with you Krishna mother loves her want to fulfill her daughter's dream but is too bound with the financial condition as she feels ultimate goal is marriage she has 3 girls to get married therefore she is also bound and today episode proved it too.
Veryy nice topic dear n I fully agree wid u n Rachu tht Yaa she shouts at her daughters n is strict wid them but she is bound 2 do tht as she wants 2 see her daughters getting married securely