Dil se di dua... Saubhagyavati Bhava?

Article:Sriti Jha is a victim of domestic violence

Siya_Mohit_ARK thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Sriti Jha

Life OK hit the screens with a gamut of new shows yesterday (18 December 2011) and it seems to be a channel which will definitely impress the masses. New show means new opportunities for television actors. Sriti Jha, who debuted with Disney's Dhoom Machaao Dhoom and later went on to appear in Jiya Jale on 9X, has been roped in by UTV to play the role of Jahnvi –a victim of domestic violence – in their latest offering Dil Se Di Dua…Saubhagyavati Bhava on the same channel.

Her character is that of a normal girl who gets married to a very rich man Viraj (Karanvir Bohra). Viraj is over-possessive and over-protective towards his wife.

"I accepted the role as it is a challenge to react to such a complex character like Viraj," says Sriti. She further goes on to say that Viraj will initially appear to be loving and caring, but as the show will progress his true colours will get revealed. "In the last night's episode, everyone has seen that I tried to run away from the house, but he brought me back. He appears to be sweet, but things will get difficult in the future," says the lovely lady who has always tried to experiment as an actor, be it a princess in Shaurya Aur Suhani, a split personality in Jyoti or a blind girl inRakt Sambandh.

Furthermore, she thinks that many women from smaller towns will relate to her character as domestic violence is rampant in those areas. "It is so sad that most women don't know what to do in such a situation. It is not that easy to walk out of a marriage as they have to take many things into account before taking a big step like divorce," ends the gracious lady.

Noble thought, Sriti. Hope you become an inspiration for many and help women deal with the menace of domestic violence.

P.s. Sorry if already posted.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks for the article Siya.. Loved Sriti's thoughts.
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
awesome article.. and love her acting.. she is doing a fab job
.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
TFS
awsm acting by her:))
Siya_Mohit_ARK thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: KriYa_life

Thanks for the article Siya.. Loved Sriti's thoughts.

My pleasure dear.
btw whats ur name???
Siya_Mohit_ARK thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bones88

awesome article.. and love her acting.. she is doing a fab job

I didn't hv watch her previous shows
bt ya she is doing excellent job as jahnvi
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Interesting show, Yes domestic violence is still there in society and this show  has a lot of angles which can tell what a person who is in wedlock and facing these situations, women can question these acts when the shakti in them comes out, Hope they show Jhanvi  do that and  Viraat's having some problems with his behavior can overcome that  and be a normal husband and not possessive and obsessed by some insecurities
-Cskluv- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
love   u sriti she was always been wonderful actress since dmd d way she selects her role is awesme i luvd ur each and every character u playd til nw ri8 Frm malini,sunaina ,suhani,sudha,sandhya and now janhvi keep rocking u r one such of gem in the tellywood =) luv yu   awesme answers