\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Posted: Fri Jan 06 2012, 10:47 hrs

Last month, Star Networks pulled the plug on its youth-oriented channel, Star One. Keeping in step with the changing dynamics of the society, they wanted to address a "multi-layered" audience, something they felt neither Star Plus nor Star One had been able to achieve. So, Life OK was launched with a mix of fictional, reality and mythological shows.

"Life OK addresses a certain mindset, not an age-group," explains Ajit Thakur, General Manager, Life OK. "We are looking at a 15-plus audience, and through our stories, we wish to showcase the core of Indian middle-class families where material aspirations are high but values are equally important," says Thakur.

The channel currently has on air Meri Maa, Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhaghyavati Bhava, Tum Dena Saath Mera, Devon Ke Dev...Mahadev and the reality show Sach Ka Saamna. However, the programming does not seem very different from other general entertainment channels (GECs) on air, including its sister-concern, Star Plus. Bank official Bindu Pillai who watches Dil Se Di Dua, says, "The show deals with the trials of Jahnvi, faced with an over-possessive and abusive husband, while Tum Dena Saath Mera is about a couple who moves to Mumbai after marriage and their struggles in the city. The concepts are good, but the angst and struggles of individuals have been showcased by other channels too," she points out.

However, Thakur does not view this as an overlap. "The shows tell you that you are free to seek what you want but in your search for more, you must not forget what you already have," he says. These "values" are reinforced by Madhuri Dixit-Nene, who plays the sutradhar or the brand philosopher at the end of each episode. "This is also a first by any channel," claims Thakur.

Life OK telecasts serials on all seven days of the week as opposed to the usual five-day programming. The episodes are 20 minutes-long, with each commercial break under two minutes. This implies that Life OK airs three shows in one hour.

Some of the shows on air are Hindi adaptations of popular shows on Star's regional channels. For instance, Meri Maa is the adaptation of Tomay Chara Ghum Ase Na on Star Jalsa. "While the show will have a recall value, we will get the chance to take it to a larger audience," says Bharat Kaul, the show's producer.

Despite these steps, the concerns of launching a new brand in an overcrowded market are high. However, the producers and creative heads working with the channel do not appear worried. Rajita Sharma, producer of Tum Dena Saath Mera, says, "With a brand like Star Plus backing the channel, and with experienced heads around, one can rest assured about the marketing and audience."

Rakshanda Khan, an erotic danseuse now!

Neha Maheshwri, TNN Jan 12, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Tags:
    TV actress| Rakshanda Khan|
  • Madinika

(Rakshanda Khan)

Rakshanda Khan will play a character inspired by Rekha's Utsav role. She will play a cameo in Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devon Mein Dev Mahadev.

She will play Madinika, a dance teacher. Apparently, her styling is as glamourous as Re's Utsav look. She says, "Like Rekhaji, I too will be wearing heavy jewellery, bangles, anklets, head and wrist bands and flowers."

Edited by deboleena.manna - 12 years ago

This is a Never Told Story Of Mahadev: Surbhi

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Jan 10, 2012, 02.06PM IST
    Read More:Surbhi|Nikhil Sinha|Bhojpuri Film
    Surbhi

Producer Nikhil Sinha's Dev O Ka Dev Mahadev on LIfe Ok is gaining in popularity with every passing day. And one actor who is basking in glory is Surbhi Shukla, the lady who is playing Rohini's character in the show. Incidentally this is not Surbhi's first mythological show. She has already done a show titled Suryapuran on Pragya channel.

Surbhi is also waiting for her first Bhojpuri Filmas a lead to release soon. Though she has done other films, this is the first one as a lead. ""Initially I was selected to play the character of Revati but later on the creative team thought that I would fit better in this.I was delighted to accept that.

Everyone in my family, including me, is very spiritual and when this one came my way I said Yes without thinking anything."" Surbhi feels the story of Mahadev narrates many untold, unheard stories on Lord Shiva and that is the reason it is gaining in popularity.

Surbhi Shukla loves doing spiritual roles

Posted about 3 days ago | 0 comment

'Devon Ke Dev- Mahadev' is a religious show that is aired on Life OK channel produced by Nikhil Sinha. This show has been rising high on TRPs and is becoming popular among the viewers. Surbhi Shukla who plays the role of Rohini in the show is rising high on success with her role in the show. Before this show, Surbhi was seen in another mythological show titled as 'Suryapuran'. Her earlier show was aired on Pragya channel.

The actress will also be seen in a Bhojpuri film soon as a female lead and she is waiting eagerly for the release of her this film. Surbhi also said that she is happy with the role she has been offered and she didn't even give it a second thought about accepting this offer. She further said that everyone in her family including her is very spiritual and the time she was told about her role, she immediately said yes for it. The actress went on saying that the story of 'Devon Ke Dev- Mahadev' is an unheard story and that is the reason it is gaining popularity.

Model Mahadev

Siddhartha Mathur : Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:33 hrs
    Former Grasim Mr India Mohit Raina plays Lord Shiva in Devo ke Dev Mahadev

Kashmir-born model-turned-actor Mohit Raina on how he connects with Lord Shiva, the deity he plays in the LifeOk show

For someone whose earliest memories are of hordes of devotees—and he even joined them—proceeding towards the Amarnath shrine, it was a humbling experience to be playing the deity in Devo ke Dev Mahadev, on the newly launched TV channel LifeOk.

"Being born and brought up in Kashmir obviated proximity with and devotion to Lord Shiva, but honestly, I was reluctant to play the role when it was offered to me," says Mohit Raina, who shot to fame after winning the Grasim Mr India title in 2006. "I had reservations about accepting the role because I was not sure how it would shape up. But, once I got to know about the kind of research that has gone into the making of the series, I was impressed. The serial focuses on the romantic side of the deity rather than his famous ferocious form. The peg of the story, as you can see in the current episodes, is the love of Sati and Shiva and the characterisation is life-like, not overbearing," says Raina, who was seen in a couple of television series and two non-starter films.

"I read up a lot, including the books by Amish Tripathi in which Shiva is depicted like an ordinary mortal. But the real preparation was to put on weight in order to look powerful," says the model, who always aspired to be an actor.

"As of now, this show is going to take all my time. I don't think I will be typecast and I look forward to more of such challenging roles," says Raina.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Model-Mahadev/895960/

I Always Wanted Gourav-Mouni

Its the shutterbug moment again for actor Mouni Roy,often remembered as Krishna Tulsi of the show Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.Although,Mouni didnt show up in daily soaps on a regular basis,the sultry siren never made sure she got the creative satisfaction.One could spot her indulging in reality show hopping.Mouni also did some cameos and did not get herself involved in taking up full-fledged roles in daily shows.Now with the show Mahadev a show based on Indian mythology,Mouni intends to cast a spell again on the telly audience.

Quiz her on why she chose a mythological soap and Mouni says,I was a bit hesitant before taking up this role as most of mythological soaps have either bad production quality in terms of visual effects or script or the cast.But this show has good production aesthetics and a powerful script.I was getting the pay package as per my liking also and so I took it up.

So what kept her away from daily soaps for such a long span I wasnt jobless.Reality shows,stage shows and cameos were my continuous source of income.Even though I was getting offers for daily shows,I did not take those up because some of the roles I was offered didnt appeal to me.While other offers had less pay package which didnt interest me much and I didnt want to compromise on either, says Mouni who adds,It feels good to be back to soaps.

Probe her whether she feels the economic meltdown in 2008 was the reason behind less money offered by soap-makers and Mouni says Indian Television industry didnt get affected by the slowdown.The slowdown offered an excuse for TV professionals to cut down on expenditure when it came to roping in actors and crew, says the actor.
    On the character Krishna Tulsi,the actor says,It was my debut role.People appreciated me and still remember me for the same.It definitely feels encouraging as an actor.

Ask her about reality shows and she says,I enjoy taking them up.I remember doing Pati,Patni Aur Woh where I was all myself I didnt have to pretend to be somebody else.But my only hiccup in the reality show was my inability to do household chores including cooking.Gaurav (Chopra) took good care of it. Listening to music and reading books is the actors de-stress mantra,as she says,I carry my favourite books along.That apart,my i-Pod has all my favourite music numbers.These two companions let me unwind and relax.I never get bored or stressed up. Now,the conversation veers towards the talk of the love of her life actor G a u r av C h o p r a.

M o u n i says,

Its been more t h a n t h re e years and it feels awesome to be together.We shared a lovely bond.I dont know what brings us together,but I always wanted to have him as my lover he is so caring,responsible and someone who I can look up to. So is marriage on the cards for this lovely couple Not now,but may be after a year or so.We want to give some more time to our career before tying the knot, says Mouni as she signs off.

Edited by deboleena.manna - 12 years ago

Mouni's tight schedule

• January 7, 2012
    • DC
    Mouni's tight schedule

Mouni Roy's career has not taken off in a big way despite debuting in a big show like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. The reason being her reluctance to work for long hours that is required for a daily soap. That's precisely why she stayed away from serials and concentrated on doing reality shows like Nach Baliye and Zara Nachke Dikha. Whether she has had a change of mind is not known, but Mouni is back to the routine of shooting 12 hours a day after a long time. She is playing Lord Shiv's wife Sati in Devo Ka Dev… Mahadev on Life OK. Mouni says she was not keen on doing the show and had almost rejected the offer. "But when I read the script I was quite impressed with the research," she adds.

Om's on a new show
    Kiran Karmarkar, who made waves as Parvati's husband, Om in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii has returned after a long hiatus to TV to do a new show Zindagi Kahe… Smile Please. Ask Kiran about his long vacation from TV and he sounds unruffled as he says, "Whatever I am today is because of the TV industry. But I wanted to do meaningful roles; the same rona dhona is unbearable for me. I didn't want to repeat myself doing monotonous characters."

"Zindagi Kahe… he explains, "is about making people smile. It's a story about a rich man educating his driver's son but when life takes a turn, the rich guy has to live in his driver's house. My character Hans Raj is the son of a rich man and is unable to accept his driver's son going to the same school as him." Kiran may have taken a long time off from the small screen but he wasn't twiddling his thumbs in the three years he stayed away from the television studios, he worked in plays and also did "a couple of good Hindi and Marathi films".

Satisified

Font Size
    -A +A

Siddhartha Mathur,Siddhartha Mathur

Posted: Jan 05, 2012 at 0228 hrs IST
    Mouni Roy happy to hush every doubting Thomas

When she forayed into acting, she was taken for granted as the girl next door, but once she had presented herself in a bubbly avtar she was typecast for glamorous roles. "I have always surprised my detractors, as also my well-wishers and this time is no different," says Mouni Roy, who plays Sati, the consort of Shiva in Devo ke Dev Mahadev on LifeOk. "I enjoy the new look, the kind of make-up and costumes I haven't worn for any other project and delivering dialogues the kind of which I never have. I admire the character I am playing, of an innocent girl who goes against her father's wish to love and commit herself to a man with a wild image. But I don't have to be like every character I play, do I," poses the actress, who has a couple of anchoring assignments in hand, besides this serial. "Personally, I am opposed to the act of throwing oneself into the fire to prove loyalty for one's man, but the conditions in the story are idealistic and they are a high example set for all to at least admire if not emulate," reasons Roy, a native of CoochBihar, educated on the Delhi University campus. "It is important to break the mould and emerge with something new every time," she opines.

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/satisified/895957/

Being skeptical

Popularly known as Krishna Tulsi from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Mouni Roy after a long period of time has come back to doingsoap operas. The actress is playing Lord Shiv's wife Sati in Nikhil Sinha's mythological show Devo Ke Dev... Mahadev on Life OK. She was last seen in a couple of reality shows like Pati Patni Aur Woh, Zara Nachke Dikha and even a regional show in Kolkata. She had been staying away from daily soaps due to the long working hours and was on the verge of declining this one also. Mouni says, "When I got a call from the production house, I was going to turn it down. Doing a soap is very tiring. One needs to invest 14 to 15 hours per day in such projects. However, it was the powerful and well-researched script that attracted me to Devo Ke Dev... Mahadev." Apart from this series, she is also hosting a TV show on Zoom.

#screenindia.com

Producer Nikhil Sinha's launch party of DEVON KE DEV MAHADEV was a rocking affair

– December 27, 2011Posted in: Events, Latest News, TV

Producer Nikhil Sinha threw a bash on the occasion of launch of his new show DEVON KE DEV – MAHADEV on new channel Life OK at a joint in Andheri, Mumbai.

Everyone took to the dance floor after watching the telecast of first episode and danced as if there is no tomorrow.

Producer Nikhil Sinha said, "It was a fantastic evening.  Everyone watched the first episode together and the feedback for the episode of Mahadev was excellent. The cast and crew had a great time partying and everyone rocked the dance floor."

Mohit Raina was the first actor to arrive and he was quite happy on being appreciated.

Mouni Roy looked beautiful and was flooded with compliments and a bright smile came on her face as soon as Gaurav Chopra came in. Gaurav Chopra looked handsome in black and was seen happy on Mouni's big day. Mouni Roy enjoyed getting clicked with other co-stars and was heard saying that she has a morning shoot.

Juhi Aslam the small wonder was seen in full party mood and was seen letting her hair down on the dance floor and everyone was telling her she looks cute.

Rajat Tokas was wearing a hat and his hat made him stood out in the party and he was seen in a long conversation with Producer Nikhil Sinha.

Shalini Kapoor was seen giving company to her husband Rohit Girdhar throughout evening.

Ashita Dhawan was seen talking about a wedding she has to attend.

Vikrant Massey hanged around with producer Nikhil Sinha for some time and left and he rarely attend parties.

Gautam Rode looked quite lean and after watching the episode didn't stay for long.

Other celebrities present were Surendra Pal, Ashita Dhawan with husband Shailesh Gulabani, Director Swapna Joshi,  Gautam Rode and Rishi Khurana.

Producer Nikhil Sinha along with his wife Suhana Sinha played perfect hosts.