\|/ :: Devon Ke Dev Mahadev- Article Archive :: \|/ - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago

Mohit Raina is a fan of Sriti Jha's acting

Sriti jha 

Sriti Jha, Jahnvi in Life Ok's Saubhagyawati Bhav, might be playing a tortured wife onscreen; but off screen she is slowly and steadily climbing the ladder of success. In fact, her performance is been appreciated by her contemporaries and fans alike. But that is not it; even Lord Shiva can't stop himself from praising her. Tellychakkar.com is referring to Mohit Raina, who plays the protagonist in Triangle Film Company's Devon Ke Dev Mahadev aired on Life Ok.

Mohit likes watching Sriti's performance in Saubhagyawati Bhav. In fact, the handsome actor has watched almost all of her shows on small screen. Mohit says, "I am a big fan of Sriti's work; I think she's brilliant. I have followed her body of work and she manages to surprise me every single time. Whenever she plays a new character, I think she has put her best foot forward, but she raises the bar every time. Whether, it is playing a queen in a show like Shaurya Aur Suhani or portraying the character of a mentally imbalanced girl in Jyoti, her performances have always stood out irrespective of her role."

With Lord Shiva praising her, we are sure Sriti must be feeling blessed.

As mouni quotes n I add 'he is too modest and humble'
Mythological figures have always
been the source of inspiration for
film scripts, TV shows, and
books. Lord Ram, Hanuman, Krishna continue to be favourites.
However, the one God who tops
them all, when it comes to popularity, can easily be said to be
Lord Shiva. On Mahashivratri today, After Hrs explores this phenomenon...
Be it comic books, graphic
novels, fiction or non-fiction, myth in India easily
tempts readers. Authors
Namita Gokhale's  The
Book of Shiva and Andy
McDermott's The Vault of Shiva
were instant hits. More recently,
copies of The Immortals of
Meluha began shooting off racks
making it a bestseller.

Author Amish Tripathi kissed
success with Meluha. His second
book, Secret of the Nagas, in the
Shiva trilogy, is already a chartbuster. He tells us he is writing
the third book  The Oath of the
Vayuputras at the moment. "All I
can say is evil will be taken out of
the equation in this one," he reveals, adding, "Shiva is an exciting figure — a dancer, the originator of yoga, and he respects
women. The fact that he consumes bhang makes him loveable
even. It's rare to find to a God who
you can be in awe of and adore at
the same time." And now filmmaker Karan Johar has bought
the rights to adapt Meluha.
When Karan Vir Arora, CEO
of Vimanika Comics, put up a
poll online to decide on the
mythological figure for his series,
he got a unanimous answer —
Lord Shiva. Vimanika's  ShivaThe Legends of the Immortal divulges unknown facts about the
God. "There is a charisma to Shiva. But he's relatable, gets angry,
which makes him flawed in a human sense while still having the
aura of a God. He's handsome; his life is an adventure, and his story has romance, drama, and action!" Karan explains.
Apart from films, theatre and
TV shows too seem to have taken
a cue. There's a show of a powerpacked play,  Shiva Om, which
gives an insight on Shiva's life, at
Birla Matushri auditorium today.

TV show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev
is already getting the TRPs
rolling, as it follows the saga of
Sati falling in love with Shiva,
from her point of view of Mahadev. Sohanna Sinha, Creative
Director, says, "Unlike most
mythology shows, ours is done
very differently, yet in a grand
and lavish manner. Our focus is
on the love story, but we've kept it
all true to the myth. It's also shot
like a youth social show, so the
treatment is unique.

Rishina Kandhari to play Tanisha in Ladoo

Thursday, February 23, 2012 | 12:48:51 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Rishina Kandhari to play Tanisha in Ladoo

Replacement found, Rishina Kandhari will now play Tanisha in Na Aana Is Desh Laado...

Tellybuzz earlier reported that Neelam Bhagchandani a.k.a Tanisha of  Colors' Na Aana Is Desh Laado, had left the show a few days back as she is  getting married on the 28th of March.

The latest we hear is that Rishina Kandhari who is currently playing the character  of Khyati Prajapati,  the eldest daughter of Daksh Prajapati in Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev has been roped in to fill the role.

Rishina Kandhari will now essay the character of Tanisha. We contacted Rishina who confirmed the news, "Yes I will
be playing the character of Tanisha. The character will be the same and now it will be shown that Ragini (Avantika Shetty) will get insecure about Tanisha. I will be seen in Mahadev as well and will be managing both the shows."

Rishina will enter the show in Friday's episode.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar

Not many would candidly admit their drawbacks. But actor Mohit Raina is different. 

When it comes to accepting challenges at the professional level, Mohit takes up those eagerly. Mohit is now making efforts to learn Kathak because his role in the show makes it imperative. 

The actor plays Lord Shiv in the Life Ok channel's show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev - a role which calls for dancing acumen with finesse. And the actor apparently is leaving no stone unturned to learning the classical dance moves. 

"I find Kathak difficult to learn. I am a trained dancer, but the dance form involves jive and hip-hop. Indian classical dance form like Kathak is a way different from these moves," says Mohit adding, "I am curiously learning Kathak because my role demands it. Having said that, I would like to say that learning Kathak gives me a feeling that I am just taking my baby steps in learning dance." 

The last mythological show Mohit remembers watching is Mahabharat. The actor is pepped up about the show. He says, "I was not sure how the audience would react. But the end result was good. So now I am motivated to do even better."

What If with Mohit Raina!

Sunday, February 26, 2012 | 10:47:39 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    0 Comments
What If with Mohit Raina!

Mohit Raina aka Mahadev of Life OK's Devon Ke Dev. Mahadev speaks to Tellybuzz about what if he was not an actor...

Mohit Raina these days is making way into the hearts of viewers through his new avatar of Mahadev on Life OK. Therefore; the audience would surely be interested to know what if Mohit was not an actor.

What would you be if not an actor?
I would surely be a business man.

Is your family into business?
Though I have no one in my family who is into any business, I would start a new business on my own for sure.

Any professional course you had taken up for understanding business tactics?
No, I have confidence in myself and ideas to grow up as businessmen. I have knowledge about management skills. So if I would not be an actor, I would surely been a businessman. 

Would you now resume to business if given a chance?
Yes, sure I am ready to get into business, if I get appropriate time.

Reporter and Author:Tejashree Bhopatkar  

Tarkasur will plan to kill Sati in Mahadev

By TellychakkarTeam 29 Feb 2012 - 20:01

In Triangle Film Company's show, Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev (Life OK), Sati (Mouni Roy) is putting in all necessary efforts to please Shiva (Mohit Raina). Recently, she even practiced nanda vrat (fast) to please the Almighty. But in the upcoming episodes, her life will be in danger as Tarkasur (Ravi Teja) will plan to kill her.

Now, during the nanda vrat, Sati will go to a crematorium to bring ash, where Shiva will advise her to break her fast. On the other hand, Prajapati Daksh (Surendra Pal) will ask for Sati's permission to find a prospective groom for her, but she will not reply. So, Daksh and Prasuti (Shalini Kapoor) will decide to take jalsamadhi but Sati will stop them and finally agree to marry the man of their choice and end her fast. She will then make plans to take Daksh's consent to immerse the Shivling.

Hmm… this is quite a drama. But there's more in the kitty. Sati will be unaware of the fact that her life will be in danger. In the show, Tarkasur is making an entry from today (29 February 2012). He has got a boon from Shiva that he will be killed only by his (Shiva) son. He thought that Shiva will never get married.

So when Narad will tell Tarkasur that Shiva is planning to marry Sati, he will get alarmed and take it as a threat and he will send his evil companions Vrishchik, Kantak and Dantu to kill her. However, Shiva will come to her rescue.

We spoke to Mouni Roy who said, "Yes, we have already started shooting for the sequence. It's been shot in a brilliant way. We are hoping that it will give us good numbers. It's an interesting track so I would request the viewers to watch it."

We are sure viewers will love it!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tellychakkar.com/news/tarkasur-will-plan-kill-sati-mahadev

Charu Asopa

Nikhil Sinha's show Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev on Life OK has redefined the concept of mythological shows on Indian television. Watch it and you will realise the meaning of the word "magnanimous". It's not only about the execution or the plot, but also the commitment of the actors and the entire cast & crew. Why do we say so? Read on to find out.

Charu Asopa is playing Revati in the show. Now, the girl had taken a day off to party hard on her birthday early this week on Monday, 27 February 2012 (by the way, happy belated birthday, girl). But at the last minute her holiday got cancelled and she had to shoot for the entire day.

"I had requested for a day off, but the shooting schedule was such that I had to work even on that day."

So is she complaining about it? "Not at all. Work always comes first. At the end of the day I did not have an iota of regret. And know what? I had a great time on the set," she smiled.

Charu cut a cake on the set and also received gifts from her co-stars. "Mouni (Sati) gifted me a book titled The Immortals Of Meluha which is based on Lord Shiva. I celebrated my birthday on a set for the first time. I am glad to have such a nice cast & crew," she ended.

Well, Charu. We are glad that you are enjoying your stint in the show. Keep the fun on!!!

Kailash Kher, Ali Zafar and Aditi Rao Hydari to bring in Life OK's first Holi with other TV stars

Colour, energy and fun that define Holi will come alive on Life OK, as the channel that celebrates the essence of life rings in its first spring festival with dance, music and lots of drama.

The special Holi event, set in a village backdrop, will see enthralling performances by Karan Groverand Aditi Gupta aka Harmony, who will open the show with a spectacular performance of the season's most popular track, 'Ooh La La'. Kailash Kher will also enthral the viewers with his performance.

TV's favorite soap stars Ali Asgar and Kavita Kaushik will be hosting the event that will see stars play Holi with flowers and partake of 'Bhang', the traditional drink. The show will see loads of drama in the form a 'family act' and a 'saas-bahu' act. And of course, no Holi is complete without a 'Rang Barse' performance, by actors Karanvir Bohra akaViraj, Sudeep Sahir aka Arjun and Shraddha Aryaaka Lakshmi.

Also championing a 'Safe Holi' initiative, Mouni Roy aka Sati and Sayantani Ghosh aka Pratibha play Holithe traditional way ' with flowers, in their mythological dance performance on 'Mann Kyun Behka'. Adding to the 'Safe Holi', the entire event utilized only eco-friendly colours.

Ali Zafar and Aditi Rao Hydari will also perform on numbers from their movie London Paris New York.Popular rock and sufi singer, Kailash Kher's enthralling performance will add to the memorable evening.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://video.india.com/tv-gossip/2395/kailash-kher-ali-zafar-and-aditi-rao-hydari-to-bring-in-life-oks-first-holi-with-other-tv-stars.html

Edited by ANrucha - 12 years ago