•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Hiwww.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/6apr/interv iew_remix.phpwww.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/6apr/interv iew_remix.php😊

This is an interview i got from the following site:

www.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/6apr/interv iew_remix.php

"We are doing all parents a favour!"

This is a fairytale in the modern era. Meet Prince Charming, Karan 'Ranveer' Wahi and his princess, Shweta 'Tia' Gulati --- the endearing couple who make up the team of Star One's Remix.

Tia and Ranveer are two of the foursome who have made Remix lingo a rage amongst the teen population of the country! If Tia has made short dresses look cute, then Ranveer has made the ethnic, look stylish. Ananya Sengupta caught up with the duo on the sets of Remix working and having some fun at the same time!

You people really look nice together!

Tia: Yes, we do, don't we? (nudges Ranveer) Now we are romancing on screen too!
Ranveer: Yes, it's great fun to work with her. In fact, the whole cast is wonderful…they are like family.

Is that why you all are not doing any other show

Tia: Well, Remix is so much a part of me now…But you know, it is important that I do one show at a time. I am Tia Ahuja now. I try to dress and talk like her. I can't move around in jeans any longer…I am supposed to be a 17year old now! (laughs)
Ranveer:
She even calls her dad pappa nowadays..
Tia: No! I always used to call him pappa (hits him)

Tia, we know that you had refused an Ekta show...
Tia: That was a long time ago. That was not something that I wanted to do...

Ranveer, you didn't tell me why you are not doing any other shows…
Ranveer: Oh yes, I am not doing any other show because, frankly because I don't want to. We get only Sundays off, and

I want to be myself then.

So what do you do when you are not shooting?
Tia: I meet up my parents, spend time with my family.
Ranveer: You'll find me in Inorbit, playing video games..
Tia: He is a freak, when it comes to video games, you know!

What do like to wear the most?
Tia: Jeans and T-shirts. You know I like to wear sarees, but know that I have to be a 17 year old, I wear dresses and skirts..

Lakme Fahion house...
Tia: I thought Joby was fabulous...
Ranveer: It was Joby all the way for me, but I guess Shahzad won because of his last garment! But Yuvi (Raj) always gunned for Shahzad...didn't he?( asks Tia)
Tia: As if he knew that Shahzad is going to win!

So how much do you identify with your characters on the show…are they real?
Tia: Tia is real, in fact, I have a friend who behaves exactly like Tia. Her hair, her skin etc are most important to her! The only thing different is that she doesn't have a business tycoon as her father. And even Anvesha, my sister is exactly like her. She will do exactly what my mother asks her not to do.
Ranveer: I don't identify at all…

Why…

Ranveer:
I have never been to a college like this. I am in school…

Not studying?

Ranveer: I am 18. I am doing college through correspondence. I was this pampered kid….
Tia: He is pampered by everyone here…

Ranveer: (Gives Tia a dirty look) As I was saying…I was big time into cricket. Then I sent my portfolio to different places and landed up with the role of Ranveer.

What about films?
Ranveer: I am too young…I have lots of time..
Tia: I am doing a film for Jolly and Romilla Mukherjee. It is a fun movie…

Tell me the controversy over the language used in 'Remix'…
Tia: You know I believe that we have actually done a favour by letting parents know about the language kids use behind their back! This is how kids talk…
Ranveer: The words are not vulgar. I don't know what the controversy is all about…

What about your own parents?
Tia: My sister has really picked up the lingo.
Ranveer: My dad says bhaggu and I have to listen to endless duh's. In the serial, I am the only one in the serial who uses aap's and hum's. My dad and my friends feel that I Remix ne mere bachche ko sudhar diya hai! ( Remix has improved my son!)

Have you ever been mobbed?
Tia: All the time. Once when I had gone to watch a movie Karan ( Ranveer) really scared me by hollering my name at the top of his voice. I was so embarassed!
Ranveer: In Delhi, I thought only Bollywood stars get mobbed...but....
Tia: But television stars are bigger nowadays!

Tia and Ranveer:Striking a different pose!

Shweta Gulati and Karan Wahi: In love!

Karan, Shweta, Raj and Priya: The gang!

Hope u found it interestingwww.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/6apr/interv iew_remix.phpwww.indiantelevision.com/tellychakkar/y2k5/april/6apr/interv iew_remix.php😊

sooooooooooooooooooo cute

they r really cute.

i am so happy abt this interview.

Right, really cute. Thanks  for sharing .

yup....they r very quite...

thanx for sending

ive read this before and ive even heard that they are in love even out of the serial....may be but they look a good pair.....!😃
ashi_rox posts ka no.increase karna tha kya ?
neways, thnks a lot for d article .. this was very nice .. but it has been posted earlier .. that was way bakc .. i thinl 6 months or so ..
i am very sorry my younger sister did this. she is very naughty.
sorry
ohhhhhhhh....i too was wonderin y u r postin lyk this since thn
u know i find it nice 😆 😆 😆 ....n karan ki galat fehmi main durr kar deti hoon....bring him 2 delhi....i'll show him hw much in demand he is 😳