Posted: 12 years ago
Hello everyone,

I just caught up with the episodes of this show & I must say its a cute love story. So, here's my 1st post with a critical review of MLTAK.

WHAT I LIKE

1. Arjun & his dadi; i mean they're such a cute pair. I love Aroona Irani. She's doing a fabulous job. She's the kind of dadi, who may be childish, but she definitely loves her family. In a time of crisis, I'm sure she's gonna be the one to provide a solution. She definitely knows how to live life on her own terms. And of course, Sudeep as Arjun; he's awesome too. Arjun's a nice, simple guy:)

2. Saas-Bahu nok-jhok; its cute. The way they love to hate each other. 

3. Arjun-Laxmi; cute couple. They look really nice together. But does anyone think that Arjun has fallen in love way too fast? I know love can happen within a fraction of a second, but in Indian TV, problems start after falling in love phase, so i hope they would make the pace of their love story a little slower, so we can enjoy more happy moments.

4. Laxmi's bua; aww..she's sacrificed her life to taking care of her brother's daughters. Hope that she,too, will find someone who will take care of her & love her.

WHAT I DISLIKE

1. Does anyone think that the story is very filmy? It's really cute, but its not quite real, isn't it? I mean, she dreams of this rich guy & this rich guy sees her, falls in love with her etc.
I think such stories are rare; like a one in a million chance of this happening to anyone.

2. Laxmi. OK. She's really pretty & cute, BUT gosh, they are so many loopholes or should i say she's quite an unrealistic character. Ya, all of us dream. Many of us want to get married to a Prince etc. But how many of us see a rich guy in a car & instantly fall in love with him. So much so that she's waited 10 years for him?? It would have been more realistic if they showed her meeting with Arjun in her childhood & falling for him in a meeting. I mean, just because he's rich, she fell for him? So, the next time, she sees another guy who's even richer, she's gonna fall for him?? I didn't mean to pinpoint at her character, but she doesn't know a single thing about Arjun, besides the fact that he's rich & she's waited for him 10 years. That's not even childish. Because even a child can differentiate between dreams & reality. Many kids want to get married to Shahid Kapoor & they dream of it, but at the end of the day, they know he's a celebrity. So, they are just happy with a glimpse.

3. Laxmi's principle on money; I know she cares for her family & loves them, but does anyone think that she loves money a little too much? She knows her Jiju can't afford expensive jewellery, but yet she took them to an expensive jewellery shop & she's like forcing her jiju to take driving lessons? She lives in a world of dreams. Its good & its important to dream. But one shouldn't spend more than they can afford & that's exactly what she is constantly promoting, which i believe, is wrong. One should dream big, & that can still be rooted in reality.

DO feel free to disagree.
The rest are watchable. On the whole, its a sweet, light-hearted show, but i think there is a lot more they can do. 

Cheers,
Samridhi๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Hello everyone, Hey samridhi๐Ÿ˜Š My replies in pink

I just caught up with the episodes of this show & I must say its a cute love story. So, here's my 1st post with a critical review of MLTAK.

WHAT I LIKE

1. Arjun & his dadi; i mean they're such a cute pair. I love Aroona Irani. She's doing a fabulous job. She's the kind of dadi, who may be childish, but she definitely loves her family. In a time of crisis, I'm sure she's gonna be the one to provide a solution. She definitely knows how to live life on her own terms. And of course, Sudeep as Arjun; he's awesome too. Arjun's a nice, simple guy:)Arjun and his dadi are the sweetest! Ive seen Sandeep before but I really like his character in this show. Like you said a nice guy who I believe likes the simple things in life. I loved the way he helped out with the wedding yesterday.

And I love Aruna Irani as Dadi. She's loving but has a sense of humour at the same time.

2. Saas-Bahu nok-jhok; its cute. The way they love to hate each other. For a change theres no real tension between saas and bahu and I like that.

3. Arjun-Laxmi; cute couple. They look really nice together. But does anyone think that Arjun has fallen in love way too fast? I know love can happen within a fraction of a second, but in Indian TV, problems start after falling in love phase, so i hope they would make the pace of their love story a little slower, so we can enjoy more happy moments. Arjun and Laxmi are just so cute together. I liked them from day one. I suppose Arjun has fallen in love rather quickly but i think the feelings from Laxmis side will take longer to develop cos she wants to marry the rich Arjun.

4. Laxmi's bua; aww..she's sacrificed her life to taking care of her brother's daughters. Hope that she,too, will find someone who will take care of her & love her. I do hope they have a separate track for her too. It would be nice if maybe Arjun and Laxmi can join forces on this one.

WHAT I DISLIKE

1. Does anyone think that the story is very filmy? It's really cute, but its not quite real, isn't it? I mean, she dreams of this rich guy & this rich guy sees her, falls in love with her etc.
I think such stories are rare; like a one in a million chance of this happening to anyone. I guess. But I think thats part of the charm of the fairytale story.

2. Laxmi. OK. She's really pretty & cute, BUT gosh, they are so many loopholes or should i say she's quite an unrealistic character. Ya, all of us dream. Many of us want to get married to a Prince etc. But how many of us see a rich guy in a car & instantly fall in love with him. So much so that she's waited 10 years for him?? It would have been more realistic if they showed her meeting with Arjun in her childhood & falling for him in a meeting. I mean, just because he's rich, she fell for him? So, the next time, she sees another guy who's even richer, she's gonna fall for him?? I didn't mean to pinpoint at her character, but she doesn't know a single thing about Arjun, besides the fact that he's rich & she's waited for him 10 years. That's not even childish. Because even a child can differentiate between dreams & reality. Many kids want to get married to Shahid Kapoor & they dream of it, but at the end of the day, they know he's a celebrity. So, they are just happy with a glimpse. I agree that they should have shown Laxmi meeting him when she was young and then have her dream about marrying him. It would have been a little bit more beleivable.

3. Laxmi's principle on money; I know she cares for her family & loves them, but does anyone think that she loves money a little too much? She knows her Jiju can't afford expensive jewellery, but yet she took them to an expensive jewellery shop & she's like forcing her jiju to take driving lessons? She lives in a world of dreams. Its good & its important to dream. But one shouldn't spend more than they can afford & that's exactly what she is constantly promoting, which i believe, is wrong. One should dream big, & that can still be rooted in reality.
I have a feeling that they are emphasising on Laxmis love for money because later on when she falls in love with Arjun, not knowing who he really is, she will be in a dilemma as to whether to choose love or money. I think this will probably add to the drama later.
The rest are watchable. On the whole, its a sweet, light-hearted show, but i think there is a lot more they can do. 

Cheers,
Samridhi๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It was really nice reading your views on the show  samridhi and hope to chat with you more often about the show.๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally posted by -Farrah-

Hello everyone, Hey samridhi๐Ÿ˜Š My replies in pink

WHAT I LIKE

1. Arjun & his dadi; i mean they're such a cute pair. I love Aroona Irani. She's doing a fabulous job. She's the kind of dadi, who may be childish, but she definitely loves her family. In a time of crisis, I'm sure she's gonna be the one to provide a solution. She definitely knows how to live life on her own terms. And of course, Sudeep as Arjun; he's awesome too. Arjun's a nice, simple guy:)Arjun and his dadi are the sweetest! Ive seen Sandeep before but I really like his character in this show. Like you said a nice guy who I believe likes the simple things in life. I loved the way he helped out with the wedding yesterday.

And I love Aruna Irani as Dadi. She's loving but has a sense of humour at the same time.

2. Saas-Bahu nok-jhok; its cute. The way they love to hate each other. For a change theres no real tension between saas and bahu and I like that.

3. Arjun-Laxmi; cute couple. They look really nice together. But does anyone think that Arjun has fallen in love way too fast? I know love can happen within a fraction of a second, but in Indian TV, problems start after falling in love phase, so i hope they would make the pace of their love story a little slower, so we can enjoy more happy moments. Arjun and Laxmi are just so cute together. I liked them from day one. I suppose Arjun has fallen in love rather quickly but i think the feelings from Laxmis side will take longer to develop cos she wants to marry the rich Arjun.

4. Laxmi's bua; aww..she's sacrificed her life to taking care of her brother's daughters. Hope that she,too, will find someone who will take care of her & love her. I do hope they have a separate track for her too. It would be nice if maybe Arjun and Laxmi can join forces on this one.

WHAT I DISLIKE

I think such stories are rare; like a one in a million chance of this happening to anyone. I guess. But I think thats part of the charm of the fairytale story.

2. Laxmi. OK. She's really pretty & cute, BUT gosh, they are so many loopholes or should i say she's quite an unrealistic character. Ya, all of us dream. Many of us want to get married to a Prince etc. But how many of us see a rich guy in a car & instantly fall in love with him. So much so that she's waited 10 years for him?? It would have been more realistic if they showed her meeting with Arjun in her childhood & falling for him in a meeting. I mean, just because he's rich, she fell for him? So, the next time, she sees another guy who's even richer, she's gonna fall for him?? I didn't mean to pinpoint at her character, but she doesn't know a single thing about Arjun, besides the fact that he's rich & she's waited for him 10 years. That's not even childish. Because even a child can differentiate between dreams & reality. Many kids want to get married to Shahid Kapoor & they dream of it, but at the end of the day, they know he's a celebrity. So, they are just happy with a glimpse. I agree that they should have shown Laxmi meeting him when she was young and then have her dream about marrying him. It would have been a little bit more beleivable.

I have a feeling that they are emphasising on Laxmis love for money because later on when she falls in love with Arjun, not knowing who he really is, she will be in a dilemma as to whether to choose love or money. I think this will probably add to the drama later.

Cheers,
Samridhi๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It was really nice reading your views on the show  samridhi and hope to chat with you more often about the show.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

hey, thanks for replying. LOL, i thought a lot of people will hate my review. But glad that we're thinking on the same page!
This forum is rather inactive, don't you think??
btw, i love your siggy. Sid-Riddhima look so perfect in that picture!
Edited by prc_fan1 - 12 years ago
I personally feel she never fell in love with him when she was younger.. yes she fell in love with the idea of being married to him and living the life she had always dreamed of.. gradually as she got older it turned in to an infatuation.. something she was striving to obtain.. but she will fall in love with him in the true sense now.. because she will began to understand him and see both his good and bad qualities.. her real love story will begin now.. !!

btw nice post..๐Ÿ˜Š.. and I see you are also a Manveer fan me too..๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by Binny1247 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Binny1247

I personally feel she never fell in love with him when she was younger.. yes she fell in love with the idea of being married to him and living the life she had always dreamed of.. gradually as she got older it turned in to an infatuation.. something she was striving to obtain.. but she will fall in love with him in the true sense now.. because she will began to understand him and see both his good and bad qualities.. her real love story will begin now.. !!

btw nice post..๐Ÿ˜Š.. and I see you are also a Manveer fan me too..๐Ÿ˜ณ

ooh.. join the club! I am down with ManVeer fever, like seriously!
I don't know why, but i feel that she will only fall in love with him after he proposes to her, like Ghajini, where Sanjay proposed Kalpana, she agreed & then fell in love with him. The story seems rather similar, though of course, i hope the end will not be the same. So, i don't see her falling in love with him soon. 
Originally posted by prc_fan1

ooh.. join the club! I am down with ManVeer fever, like seriously!
I don't know why, but i feel that she will only fall in love with him after he proposes to her, like Ghajini, where Sanjay proposed Kalpana, she agreed & then fell in love with him. The story seems rather similar, though of course, i hope the end will not be the same. So, i don't see her falling in love with him soon. 
Just love them.. eagerly waiting for today's epi.. hoping for more of UV.. okay back to this show..๐Ÿ˜†

I agree the love will take place gradually but she must fall in love with him.. because it's necessary that she understand the importance of love in regards with money.. that seems to be the point she must choose between love and money and she will only choose love once she has fallen deeply in love with Ajay which will turn out to be Arjun.. hopefully this is a soap so anything is possible..

Samridhi its a shame that the forum is inactive. Im hoping that once more people start to watch and like the show we  will get more members here.

Thanks for liking my Sid Ridhimma siggy. I loved them.

And guess what! Im a Manveer fan too!๐Ÿ˜† Like everyone else I have the Manveer fever too!
ooh.. 3 ManVeerians here :)
and yes, come on people, lets make this forum more active!!
@Binny1247: I hope what you're saying is true :)
hi everyone, m a manveer fan too !!

nice detailed review...have nothing much to add as you guys have pretty much covered it all ๐Ÿ˜Š...the only thing I feel is that they should change the actor who play's arjun's dad...he has no expressions at all on his face...

Originally posted by anne_shirley

hi everyone, m a manveer fan too !!

nice detailed review...have nothing much to add as you guys have pretty much covered it all ๐Ÿ˜Š...the only thing I feel is that they should change the actor who play's arjun's dad...he has no expressions at all on his face...

aww.. thanks! I seriously thought that the lovers of this show would hate my review. Glad, that its appreciated.
Hmm.. his dad is ok. But yes, he does get blank sometimes.
4 ManVeerians...woohoo! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ