Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago

Survivor India: JD Majethia to be eliminated?

inShare

New Delhi: Well known TV actor, producer and now Survivor India contestant, JD Majethia is finding it extremely difficult to survive on the island while shooting for STAR Plus' latest reality show. The contestants have been marooned on an island with almost nothing with them to survive.

Majethia is having a tough time coping up with the difficult situations on the island. His fellow contestants are also not too fond of him. While being misunderstood by his own friends, all his efforts to make things better have gone down the drain. He is extremely upset and feeling lonely as he has no one to confide in.

Before entering the show, JD said in an interview, "I have been in the industry for sometime and also earning well. Money, name and fame I have it all. I took the show as I wanted to test myself." It seems, life on the island is much difficult than what he thought.

Survivor India is an extremely challenging show where contestants will be seen struggling for the basic necessities of life like food, water and shelter. The only thing available to eat is plain rice and coconut. Even salt is a luxury for the contestants. To earn luxuries like a fire-kit, peanuts and dal, the contestants will have to go through some rigorous challenges.

Other celebrity contestants on the show include Payal Rohatgi, Karan Patel, Shilpa Saklani, Abhinav Shukla, Rohit Narang, Sylvester Rodgers and Sangram Singh. To find out if JD survives or gives in, stay tuned to Survivor India.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Munisha Khatwani calls Payal Rohatgi "impatient":

Munisha Khatwani and Payal Rohatgi

Munisha Khatwani is super popular amongst celebrities. Why? She can read cards and foretell their future. Yes, she is renowned for her prowess in astrology, numerology and Tarot card reading. Furthermore, she added another feather in her cap after becoming a contestant in Star Plus' kick-ass reality show, Survivor India, produced by Miditech. The show is currently on air but the episodes have been shot earlier in Philippines.

"I returned to India two layers darker and eight to ten kilos lighter," smiles the mysterious lady. She goes on to share that before flying out of the country, she did read her own future in order to find out if she could handle the pressure or not. "I did not seek to know I will win or not as I did not want to form any pre-conceived notions."

Furthermore, she tells that her brother pushed her and gave her confidence to say "yes" to Survivor India. "I decided to challenge myself and situations were quite tough in the island. I have returned with a stronger frame of mind."

Not only that, she also made some great friends in the process. "I never thought that people can actually gel with each other in such extreme conditions. Karan, Abhinav, Timmy, Rajesh and Shilpa became great friends and stood by me during the show all the time," she divulges.

However, things were not so friendly with the other contestant, Payal Rohatgi. This is what she has to say about the sultry beauty. "She is someone with whom you cannot be friends. I agree that conditions were tough, but she was not the only one who was facing it. She should have been more patient and behaved in a more level-headed manner," says a disgruntled Munisha.

And this is what she has to say about the recent development wherein Karan Patel, her friend and fellow contestant, was accused of physically abusing Payal, "I don't know what exactly happened. But I can vouch for Karan as he is a very sweet friend of mine. Karan jaisa hai woh saamne dikhta hai…I think it is a publicity gimmick." Finally, Munisha ends with this query, "Why the hell is Payal behind Karan's life when she is in a relationship with Sangram?"

Hmm…quite an observation, we must say. Hope Payal is listening to Munisha's query!!!

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Karan Patel quits Survivor India

TNN | Jan 22, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Suvivor India|Survivor|Shilpa Saklani|Karan Patel
A still from 'Suvivor India'

Survivor India" saw 22 Indians being marooned in an uninhabited island in the middle of the Pacific seas with no basic necessities of life to help them get by.

Karan Patel and Shilpa Saklani led a mutiny against the producers demanding food and shelter without which they threatened to quit immediately. However, the channel and the production house sticking to the format of the show refused to budge.

Though the rebellion subsided eventually, Karan Patel became the first victim to succumb to the pressures and became the first quitter on the show owing to starvation and extreme conditions.

The show will only get tougher as tonight's episode is going to see a huge twist where the tribes are going to be inter-changed. Just when the contestants had started to get familiar with each other and began to build their bonds, they will be now be thrown apart.
Watch Garnier Fructis presents "Survivor India".

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Karan-Patel-quits-Survivor-India/articleshow/11577258.cms

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
TOI
Why Abhinav Shukla prefers Survivor over Bigg Boss…
TNN | Jan 28, 2012, 12.27PM IST

Abhinav Shukla
TV actor Abhinav Shukla, seen in serials like 'Geet', says why he prefers a daredevil show like Survivor over the dirty politics of Bigg Boss.

Although his team performed miserably at the Rewards Challenge in the TV reality show Survivors, Abhinav is not one to give up so easily. Being an engineer, and having often taken the long and difficult route in life, he is no stranger to challenges. "I like living on the edge" he says.

While he has been slowly and steadily making his mark on Survivors, when asked if he would be able to survive on a show like Bigg Boss, Abhinav laughs and says "Might have to think twice as I'm too real for that kind of reality show. A few episodes of Bigg Boss and I'd go for a toss! In the jungle, I can kill and eat a poisonous snake to survive. But on Bigg Boss I'd be chewed alive by those man-eaters".

So would he refuse if the Bigg Boss people invite him? "Well, to be frank I like natural beauty. Not artificial. I never make friends easily. And when I do, I'm faithful, for life. So you see I am certainly not the kind of person people want to see on Bigg Boss. Besides, dirty politics is not my cup of tea. I follow a simple funda in life. Jahaan baaton say baat nahin bantee, vahaan laaton say baat karoonga. So I am afraid I might get physical too", laughs Abhinav.

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

We trust each other: Sangram Singh

Divya Pal, TNN | Jan 30, 2012, 03.53PM IST

Payal Rohatgi and Sangram Singh who are currently seen in 'Survivor India' tell us how the bond has changed them

You have been seeing each other for months now, has the relationship help you grow as individuals?

Payal: A relationship works well and helps you grow as a person, when your partner supports your decisions and don't put any restrictions on you. Most importantly, your partner should accept you for the way you are. When I'm with Sangram, I behave the way I am and he accepts me. The most impressive quality in him is that he doesn't resort to violence or filthy language to prove other people wrong. No matter what circumstances he is placed in, he knows how to handle them with maturity. Like a typical Scorpio, I believe in speaking my mind without paying any attention to the consequences. Since I'm impulsive, to have someone like him to calm me down and think rationally becomes important. And that has helped me grow. Also, my life now is only about milk, honey and Chyawanprash, courtesy Sangram.

Sangram: There is no point in spending time with someone who makes you forget your sense of self. When she confided in me during the show, I realized the faith she had in me. If she hasn't had any qualms in sharing the experiences in her life, it's because we trust each other. The honesty with which she speaks pulls me towards her.

What has the reaction from your families been like?

Payal: My mother was quite impressed with his simplicity. Frankly, she quite liked him. Just a few days back, we also met my father who stays in Gurgaon. My dad has been respectful towards Sangram. But I still think, mothers are easy to be convinced.

Sangram: She hasn't met my parents yet. But I'm sure my parents will like her.

Sangram, you had told us earlier that you turned down the offer to appear in 'Veena Ka Swayamvar' because you didn't want to hurt Payal?

Sangram: Yes, I refused the offer because I thought that might upset Payal and I can't afford to do that.

Payal: Achcha. Is that the reason? Agar tumhe shaadi karni hai toh kar lo (she chuckles).

Has your participation in the reality show 'Survivor India' made you treasure everything that life offers?

Sangram: Yes, we have now realized what it means to live without food and other basic necessities of life. We crib in our lives because we want better things. But in the process, we forget how important each thing we depend on is. I can't afford to take anything for granted in life now.

Payal: I remember, how our shelter was wiped off because our island was hit by a cyclone. To survive without salt, fire and sugar hasn't been easy. The show has helped me emerge as a mentally tough individual.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/We-trust-each-other-Sangram-Singh/articleshow/11686060.cms

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail

Survivor's Rajesh Khera Is Enjoying His Life!!

Rajesh Khera is loved by the audience in Survivor India- The Ultimate Battle on Star Plus. Back home now, the actor will star in an adaptation of Midnight's Children, a book by Salman Rushdie. The movie will be directed by Deepa Mehta.

Rajesh says that he doesn't want to play the mundane father roles on TV. The actor was last seen as Maddy, a feminine fashion designer on Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. He says that since he can play characters that are half his age or twice as old as he really is, there won't be any shortage of roles for him.

He says that he may do a role that eventually progresses to fatherhood, but won't like a role which starts from that point.

Talking about his stint on Survivor India, Rajesh says that he had to face brutal hunger in the show. He remembers that he faced actual starvation in the show, something which he had never faced in his normal life. He hated his appearance in the show. Due to massive weight loss, Rajesh says that he looked anaemic and at a lot as soon as he came back.

Being an actor, Rajesh feels that it was a privilege to star in such a show. Being an adventure addict, Rajesh loves wilderness.

Looking forward to his role in Deepa Mehta's Midnight's Children, Rajesh says that he hopes to make his way into Hollywood through this movie.

We wish Rajesh Khera good luck for his new venture!