IMP Reminders - READ PG. 3

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

I would like to start off by saying that the members in this forum have done a great job at making this a lovely place to be in. 😊 But just like everything else in life, there is always room for a little more improvement. And recently there have been a couple of issues that we have noticed around the forum and that we'd like to point out.

• Repetitive Threads: One of the biggest issues around the forum currently is the presence of repetitive threads. πŸ˜³ Every day, we notice about 2 or 3 topics that have more than 2 different threads about it e.g. the threads complaining about the pace of the show, the New Year's threads or the awards ceremony threads for this week. That is not acceptable guys! I understand that we get excited by a certain aspect of the show or a certain piece of news, but I would ask that from now on before we post a thread, lets just check the first 4-5 pages of the forum to see if someone has already made a similar thread. But posting multiple thread, we hurt healthy discussion because I for one get confused on what thread if ANY to post in when I see more than one threads on a topic. πŸ˜† If we keep a certain topic limited to one thread, it will help make the forum cleaner and it will encourage discussion which may otherwise be divided over several threads. Henceforth, any repetitive threads will be closed and may eventually result in a warning. 😳
  • One-liner threads/episode discussions: Another big issue around the forum is the presence of several one-liner threads after every new episode. Stuff like "didn't such and such look great", "wasn't this scene/episode just the best", "Oh he/she/it looked so cute" or "I hated her/him and what they did here" (among other topics) can and SHOULD be moved to the Episode Discussion Thread for the week i.e. Episode Discussion Thread #4 - Dec. 26th - 2 Jan.. One-liner threads do NOT encourage any healthy discussion and only make it harder for members to find threads that may hold potential for a healthy discussion. Plus, chances are that the one-liner comment you wanted to make is also something a lot of other members want to comment on and by collecting all of our sporadic comments in a single thread, we give them a chance to be discussed together. πŸ˜Š So from now on, any one liner threads will also be closed and be asked to move to the EDT. If the behavior continues though, warnings will be issued. 😳
  • Posting pictures in threads: In the past couple of months we've noticed that a lot of new threads are being opened with just pictures being posted in them. Please remember that ANY pictures should be posted ONLY in the Picture Gallery thread i.e. Bade Acche Laggte Hai Picture Gallery[NO COMMENTS]. I understand that there may be certain pictures that we may want to talk about and such pictures can be posted in appreciation threads of the respective actors/characters to discuss them  but lets refrain from posting new threads with just pictures in the first post. Any new threads with pictures in them will be closed. Another thing we should keep in mind is that whenever we find pictures/articles/posts from another website that we should ALWAYS give due credit and keep track of the copyright. Plagiarism is NOT tolerated at all. If we find any pictures or news being posted without credit to the original uploader, warning levels will be raised IMMEDIATELY! I am sure none of us would like if our efforts are being passed off as theirs by someone else so lets refrain from doing so to anyone else, even if unintentionally. 😳 Similarly, any questions or requests for help should be posted in the Help Desk thread i.e. ||:.BALH-Suggestions/Comments & Help Desk .:|| . Any new threads regarding the same will be closed.
  • Multiple IDs: Please remember that making MIDs to post in the forum is NOT going to be tolerated at all! We have noticed a rise in MIDs in the forum recently and this is just to remind everyone that any MIDs found from now on will be dealt with immediately! We CAN and ALWAYS do find out about any MIDs that may be present in the forum so please refrain from the use of MIDs. Warning levels WILL be raised at any future instances of MIDs.😳
  • Forum etiquette: And coming to the most important issue - something I feel we should ALL be clear about - forum behavior. This is a public forum which means that we have the opportunity here to interact with several different people and be exposed to all kinds of points-of-view and perspectives. There are bound to be differences in opinions and points-of-view, the forum being as big and as diverse as it is. We NEED to be more tolerant of views that may not be similar to ours. Just because we love an actor/character/show/scene DOES NOT mean that everyone else has to also! It does not mean that anyone who does NOT feel the same as we do is wrong. It just means that they are different. And different is OKAY. Different is ENCOURAGED. Because different keeps it INTERESTING! We need to be able to having discussions where we do not agree with what the other person is saying but we are able to RESPECT their right to disagree with us. And we need to be able to enjoy the difference of opinion and maybe learn from it. We need to be able to allow for different points-of-view to PROSPER in this forum. Not everyone has to love the lead in the show and just because they are not happy with the leads in the show does NOT mean that they shouldn't watch the show. I can watch something and disagree with it - and just because I disagree with it doesn't mean I should relinquish my right to watch it anymore. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll say it again - we NEED to be more TOLERANT. I know it's hard sometimes, I know it's difficult to hear something seemingly critical about our favorite, but we need to allow freedom of speech and we need to be open to different opinions. 😊 That being said, this does NOT mean that members are welcome to bash characters/actors/story lines/members or the show. It does not mean that we can be unfairly critical of an actor's appearance or a member's admiration of a certain actor. There is FINE line between difference of opinion and bashing and that line SHOULD NOT be crossed under any circumstance. There is a proper manner in which to express your differing opinion and instigating/harsh/insulting comments is NOT it. It is NOT acceptable and it will NOT be tolerated. You are welcome to post your opinion but the MANNER in which you say what you feel has to be one that takes into consideration all the other members in the forum. You're welcome to dislike a show and an actor, but attacks on an actor's appearance/age/personal life will under no circumstance be tolerated. An actor's private life is just that - PRIVATE. And what they do or do not do off screen is NOT up for debate or discussion. You can judge them on their ACTING ability and you can judge the show for it's story, it's direction and it's plot lines. But you cannot judge an ACTOR for how they look, how old they are or what they do in their private life. And you cannot, under any circumstance, attack members for their preference towards a particular actor/show OR the fact that they do not like something/someone. I understand that this will be a work in progress and that it may take time for us to build our tolerance and that's okay. So long as we try. And that's all I ask - that we try to be more civil in how we post our opinion and now we accept those that differ from ours. Any instance of bashing will result in an immediate warning level raise. Any instigator posts will immediately be dealt with. And we ask that if members come across such posts, that they alert us to them by the use of the "Report" button. I understand that we may feel the need to deal with the issue ourselves, but by commenting on our own all we do is fuel the fire which really is counterproductive to healthy discussion. So I sincerely request that we use the "Report" button. We WILL look into it, we WILL resolve the issue - all we ask for is a little bit of help and patience from our fellow members. 😳

I am hopeful that with this new year, we can implement these new reminders as we interact in the forum. And I am certain that with all of your help, we'll be able to make this forum even better than it is!

Please feel free to PM myself (-Fivr-) or our new CM Jyoti (jyoti06) if you have ANY questions. We're here to help you and we are always happy to hear about any criticism or concerns you may have regarding the forum.

Regards,

Edited by -Fivr- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saisamanvi thumbnail
thanks fivr for this information  from now onwards we will definitely follow this
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Fivr,
I have to agree that the members have done a fantastic job of raising the ratings without any help from the DT members or the moderator.All of u disappeared without a trace...If I remember correctly u disappeared right after the banner contest..Ridz put up the banner for the forum ..till this date the winners were not announced...Initially I would write through pm to Nadii abt multiple posts and actor bashing...Later realised no point to it...How come realisation struck u  right now...Admit u guys cannot be here 24/7 but u can come once in a blue moon RIGHT?The forum contest came up the members had noone to turn to...The loyal members of the forum  managed to run the forum without any infighting..At least after u came why didn't u put up a new year thread or appreciation thread of the actors...Sorry to point out the mods and DT members in other forums are very much involved in the day to day running of the forum
I have spoken my mind.
-Fivr- thumbnail

Originally posted by: avivakirk

Fivr,

I have to agree that the members have done a fantastic job of raising the ratings without any help from the DT members or the moderator.All of u disappeared without a trace...If I remember correctly u disappeared right after the banner contest..Ridz put up the banner for the forum ..till this date the winners were not announced...Initially I would write through pm to Nadii abt multiple posts and actor bashing...Later realised no point to it...How come realisation struck u  right now...Admit u guys cannot be here 24/7 but u can come once in a blue moon RIGHT?The forum contest came up the members had noone to turn to...The loyal members of the forum  managed to run the forum without any infighting..At least after u came why didn't u put up a new year thread or appreciation thread of the actors...Sorry to point out the mods and DT members in other forums are very much involved in the day to day running of the forum
I have spoken my mind.

There is no doubt in my mind about the propriety of this forum at all. I am and always will be one of the first people to admit that this forum is indeed a very civil place to be. 😊 That being said, I cannot speak for everyone but I wasn't able to actively participate in forum contests/activities due to personal issues. I understand how frustrating that can be for everyone and I apologize sincerely. But I would ask that everyone realizes that whether it's a moderator, a viewbie, an admin or just a regular member - ALL of us have lives outside of IF and circumstances that we can't always predict. There are moments when we need to prioritize and as much as we would want otherwise, IF doesn't necessarily make it to the top of our priority list. But that doesn't mean that we don't care and it doesn't mean that we are any less deserving of our responsibilities - or at least it shouldn't. I agree that I wasn't able to put the banner contest up, but I do remember delegating that responsibility to other DT members. But even so, I apologize. πŸ˜Š However, I would recommend that if in future you feel any concerns regarding our behavior, please feel free to PM us and ask us what's going on! Trust me, we do like to hear from you and we are very much open to any and all concerns that you may have. We will work with you as long as it takes, until you're satisfied with the explanation and feel content with the response.

That being said, I was always around the forum. I may not be actively posting and I may not have found the time to constantly go through every thread, but I was around. The one thing I strongly relied on was the use of the "Report" button. That was the only way I would find out if something needed my attention in the forum and I am pleased to admit that a lot of members used it! I keep mentioning that we need your help in keeping the forum a healthy place for discussion and this is precisely what I mean by it. If each and every member would be vigilante for the forum and alert us to any trouble as soon as it starts, it will be much quicker than if we went looking for possible problems in each threads. Because lets admit it, this forum is fairly active and at any given day we cross through about 3-4 pages. That's a lot of threads and even more posts for just one or two people to go through. 😳 So I strongly encourage everyone to make use of the "Report" button! And not just the reporting the post, if you'd like a more urgent response from us, you're welcome to PM us. Now I know you mentioned that you'd PMed Nadii, but I would like to remind you that Nadii was a CM which meant that along with BALH, she had to take care of all the other Sony shows. This is precisely why we have a hierarchy in moderation - so that urgent matters can be looked into right away and given proper attention. PMing a CM about daily forum matters may not necessarily result in prompt responses simply because they are SWAMPED. At any given time that have 10-20 pressing issues that need to be addressed in the order of urgency and therefore it may take longer for them to respond. We need to understand that they too have a life and a family outside of IF and they need to appropriate their time accordingly. 😳

As far as forum contest threads are concerned, as I mentioned, I wasn't aware or informed of the same but if you'd wanted my presence in those threads you're absolutely welcome to PM me and demand the same! 😳😊 For the new years thread, we had SO many threads already that it didn't seem fair for me to open another one especially since we are not allowing repetitive threads.

We are working to introduce more activities in the forum but as it's said, Rome wasn't build in a day. It takes time and we're working towards it. But we really do have a family and a set of priorities out side of the IF community that do sometime require a more elaborate dedication of time from us than normal which is why we may not be as ACTIVE in our posts as always. But we're here and we're around. And if you have any doubts about the same, you're welcome to just PM us and ask - I know I for one will answer! 😊

Please let me know if you have any further concerns. I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

Regards,
BALH Dev. Team

saniya9919 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the explaination & post -Fivr-. But it really felt bad when most of the good topics of yesterday closed without warning.That too on the 1st day of new yr.
chithoo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Fivr-

There is no doubt in my mind about the propriety of this forum at all. I am and always will be one of the first people to admit that this forum is indeed a very civil place to be. 😊 That being said, I cannot speak for everyone but I wasn't able to actively participate in forum contests/activities due to personal issues. I understand how frustrating that can be for everyone and I apologize sincerely. But I would ask that everyone realizes that whether it's a moderator, a viewbie, an admin or just a regular member - ALL of us have lives outside of IF and circumstances that we can't always predict. There are moments when we need to prioritize and as much as we would want otherwise, IF doesn't necessarily make it to the top of our priority list. But that doesn't mean that we don't care and it doesn't mean that we are any less deserving of our responsibilities - or at least it shouldn't. I agree that I wasn't able to put the banner contest up, but I do remember delegating that responsibility to other DT members. But even so, I apologize. πŸ˜Š However, I would recommend that if in future you feel any concerns regarding our behavior, please feel free to PM us and ask us what's going on! Trust me, we do like to hear from you and we are very much open to any and all concerns that you may have. We will work with you as long as it takes, until you're satisfied with the explanation and feel content with the response.

That being said, I was always around the forum. I may not be actively posting and I may not have found the time to constantly go through every thread, but I was around. The one thing I strongly relied on was the use of the "Report" button. That was the only way I would find out if something needed my attention in the forum and I am pleased to admit that a lot of members used it! I keep mentioning that we need your help in keeping the forum a healthy place for discussion and this is precisely what I mean by it. If each and every member would be vigilante for the forum and alert us to any trouble as soon as it starts, it will be much quicker than if we went looking for possible problems in each threads. Because lets admit it, this forum is fairly active and at any given day we cross through about 3-4 pages. That's a lot of threads and even more posts for just one or two people to go through. 😳 So I strongly encourage everyone to make use of the "Report" button! And not just the reporting the post, if you'd like a more urgent response from us, you're welcome to PM us. Now I know you mentioned that you'd PMed Nadii, but I would like to remind you that Nadii was a CM which meant that along with BALH, she had to take care of all the other Sony shows. This is precisely why we have a hierarchy in moderation - so that urgent matters can be looked into right away and given proper attention. PMing a CM about daily forum matters may not necessarily result in prompt responses simply because they are SWAMPED. At any given time that have 10-20 pressing issues that need to be addressed in the order of urgency and therefore it may take longer for them to respond. We need to understand that they too have a life and a family outside of IF and they need to appropriate their time accordingly. 😳

As far as forum contest threads are concerned, as I mentioned, I wasn't aware or informed of the same but if you'd wanted my presence in those threads you're absolutely welcome to PM me and demand the same! 😳😊 For the new years thread, we had SO many threads already that it didn't seem fair for me to open another one especially since we are not allowing repetitive threads.

We are working to introduce more activities in the forum but as it's said, Rome wasn't build in a day. It takes time and we're working towards it. But we really do have a family and a set of priorities out side of the IF community that do sometime require a more elaborate dedication of time from us than normal which is why we may not be as ACTIVE in our posts as always. But we're here and we're around. And if you have any doubts about the same, you're welcome to just PM us and ask - I know I for one will answer! 😊

Please let me know if you have any further concerns. I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

Regards,
BALH Dev. Team

aww fivrEmbarrassed trust you to give such a lengthy, personal and 'emosanal athyachar' reply😭.  we love you❀️ and happy new year to youπŸ˜›.

Avi i told you u can pm fivr directly anyday with your concerns and she would respond with one of those "special maha episode" repliesπŸ˜› 

okie before i get banned from the forumπŸ˜’ fivr u know i love youEmbarrassed i just came to diffuse the tension and make everyone smileπŸ˜ƒ lets begin the new year on a happy note. πŸ˜ƒ

we do understand the stress the dev team goes thro addressing all concerns and appreciate you all for the wonderful work.πŸ‘ keep rocking guys and do let us know when we are wrong.

viji
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for your take on the issues...I understand that DT members, Moderators and even members cannot be in the forum 24/7...Posts should be reported ...In BALH everyday people would be posting multiple threads, one liners, bashing was going on for a long time We had three people Vasu, you and Natasha..all three of u on different time zones so naturally the members think one would take action..when it continues for days the message being sent is u guys are not interested in the day to day running...that's why the pm to nadi abt multiple posts..Agree Nadi cannot take care of the daily problems facing BALH as she hastoomuch on her plate..Natasha had long disappeared ..u took off for personal reasons...Vasu took off.It was not a week but if u don't make your presence felt how will we know u are here..Who is the other person other than u three and Nadii?Regarding the  New Yearthreadto be opened by u was asking u to break the ice with the members because so many don't know u or Vasu
Now I'm happy personally that u are back to take charge so that this wonderful forum runs smoothly..Ok now that the iron's hot let me ask u if u can please put up MOTW and a chat thread...Think only seven in the forum got tobe MOTW...Chat thread is being requested because many want to get to know each other personally and also to increase  forum activity..This request is from many members of Balh..
Happy new year to u and your family! Just shared few things because I am a loyal follower of BALH 
-Fivr- thumbnail

Originally posted by: saniya9919

Thanks for the explaination & post -Fivr-. But it really felt bad when most of the good topics of yesterday closed without warning.That too on the 1st day of new yr.

All the topics that were closed were all repetitive topics. It has always been maintained that repetitive topics are not allowed so really this thread here is just a reminder of sorts. And more so, the topics that were closed were all new year topics that were just basically "happy new year" wishes. And really, those could all be posted in an already existing thread! 😳😊

Regards,
BALH Dev. Team

-Fivr- thumbnail

Originally posted by: chithoo

aww fivr😳 trust you to give such a lengthy, personal and 'emosanal athyachar' reply😭.  we love you❀️ and happy new year to youπŸ˜›.

Avi i told you u can pm fivr directly anyday with your concerns and she would respond with one of those "special maha episode" repliesπŸ˜› 

okie before i get banned from the forumπŸ˜’ fivr u know i love you😳 i just came to diffuse the tension and make everyone smileπŸ˜ƒ lets begin the new year on a happy note. πŸ˜ƒ

we do understand the stress the dev team goes thro addressing all concerns and appreciate you all for the wonderful work.πŸ‘ keep rocking guys and do let us know when we are wrong.

viji

LOL!! Aww man.. I can't help it with the emotional attyachar!! I wanted to make sure that I addressed the issue at hand and I guess I'm a firm believer in going above and beyond at time.. πŸ˜† But you are very kind yaar! I love you too yaar!! πŸ€— But really, there was no tension to be diffused - at least not from my end. I am here to make this forum better for YOU guys. So really, I am always happy to hear and address any issues or criticism that there may be! No masla here!! πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

-Fivr- thumbnail

Originally posted by: avivakirk

Thanks for your take on the issues...I understand that DT members, Moderators and even members cannot be in the forum 24/7...Posts should be reported ...In BALH everyday people would be posting multiple threads, one liners, bashing was going on for a long time We had three people Vasu, you and Natasha..all three of u on different time zones so naturally the members think one would take action..when it continues for days the message being sent is u guys are not interested in the day to day running...that's why the pm to nadi abt multiple posts..Agree Nadi cannot take care of the daily problems facing BALH as she hastoomuch on her plate..Natasha had long disappeared ..u took off for personal reasons...Vasu took off.It was not a week but if u don't make your presence felt how will we know u are here..Who is the other person other than u three and Nadii?Regarding the  New Yearthreadto be opened by u was asking u to break the ice with the members because so many don't know u or Vasu

Now I'm happy personally that u are back to take charge so that this wonderful forum runs smoothly..Ok now that the iron's hot let me ask u if u can please put up MOTW and a chat thread...Think only seven in the forum got tobe MOTW...Chat thread is being requested because many want to get to know each other personally and also to increase  forum activity..This request is from many members of Balh..
Happy new year to u and your family! Just shared few things because I am a loyal follower of BALH 

Between the Vasu, Natasha and myself, Natasha was just a coolbie and therefore had no really pull as far as forum moderation went. Her priority was always just updates and once those fell through, as you can see, she isn't part of the DT anymore. Vasu was around when I had to head off so I wasn't aware of her absence until mid-November. And I know for sure that she also moderates a couple other forums so I can imagine that she's probably swamped too - plus I know she has family commitments that are pressing for her time at the moment. But even so I apologize. I understand that you probably weren't aware about my presence but really, just as a rule of thumb, know that I'm always around. I had been getting PMs throughout these past few months that I had been replying to as promptly as I could. So that just led me to believe k people already knew that I was around. But just to be sure, I'll just mention it again that I'm always around and always more than happy to hear from all the members. 😊

About the MOTW, we're working on it but I'm not so sure about the forum participation. I mean as of yet, we still haven't had a sign up for the GOTW for this coming month.. πŸ˜† I don't want to make an MOTW and then have them be ignored/neglected the entire time. So lets give it a little bit of time and we are definitely looking to start that up soon.

About the chat thread for the forum, I wasn't aware that members wanted one. I have no problem with having a chat thread for the forum! 😳😊 I shall get working on it right now. 😊

And really, for any future questions I'm just a post or (for more private concerns) just a PM away.. 😊