Shazia Lost cos she was a muslim

nafmughal thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I believe shazia lost cos she was a muslim and not a hindu like shipra. The final decisions should have been the judges and im sure they would have mad the right 1. Its wrong and i will not be watching masterchef 3.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anusha.cochin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
yaar...plz dont bring religious thots into dis

Shipra had talent so she won

Shazia beat Joseph in Granda finale...so dat time y dnt u thnk so...
Edited by anusha.cochin - 12 years ago
gr8_mms thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
my mom also saying this that they gave the titlle to shipra bcoz she is hindu..its really unfair shazia was the best n she deserve the tittle not shipra
gr8_mms thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
no shazia has more talent than shipra but they gave the tittle to her its un justices 
nashasash thumbnail
Originally posted by: gr8_mms

no shazia has more talent than shipra but they gave the tittle to her its un justices 

I think it's biased of you to say that. I have Muslim friends who think Shipra was better and I have Hindu friends who were supporting Shazia. You could have said Shipra had an emotional
story or some other reason but you had to choose the lower denominator reason of rellgion.
Do you hear Christians saying Joseph lost because he is Christian? Or people of Rajendra's background saying he lost because he was a Mumbaiker or because he wasn'r Muslim? A lot of people here think he should have won and even Shazia was surprised she got through 

I think Shipra was more innovative and so she won on teh day. I think it was nice of Shazia to share the money and I wanted her to do well but im not going to divide on the basis of religion

I was a bit disappointed that on the masterchef website people who were supporting Shazia were giving their main reason as the fact she is Muslim even some people denigrating Hinduism. She is Indian like all others and is a great example for Indian women and future chefs not just Muslims.

Why do you have to divide on the basis of religion? Would you like people comparing every reality show by dividing contestants and judges into religion and then sect?

Edited by nashasash - 12 years ago
nashasash thumbnail
Originally posted by: gr8_mms

people who were supporting SHipra didn't say i'm glad she won because she's Hindu. People who supported Joseph didn't say he was the first finalist because he was Christian?
Why do you think religion is deciding factor when it could be other reasons. Like better on the day, more innovative, or people who disagreed with Shipra winning said emotion.

India, unlike many others,  is a secular country and we allow all people of all religious backgrounds to participate equally and to do well. Why would Masterchef allow  people of different backgrounds get far when they could be eliminated on basis of religion so close to finale? A minority religious contestant winning would be a good thing because it would show diverse and talented India's population is.

I am sure Muslim contestants have won a number of other reality shows. Would you say that is discriminating against Hindus and Christians.

Sorry for the long response but I am really fed up of people giving religion as a reason for why people don't win.
.anshu. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
u can accuse an indian reality show of anything but accusing on the basis of religion is totally pointless.the contestants were indian first..and then hindu.muslim,christian,parsi whatever.if u think she lost bcoz  she was a muslim,how come she was nominated in top 2????come on people grow up.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I wonder why such question like 'He won because he is from the minority community' are never raised when a person from a minority community wins?
anusha.cochin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
 I too realy surprised reading such comments...y bringing religion into reality show...i thnk even Shazia  wont think so she lost becoz she is muslim...
kasucrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
shipra won on the basis of emotional story and tears!! shazia was a better cook by any means