Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nashasash thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: anusha.cochin

I too realy surprised reading such comments...y bringing religion into reality show...i thnk even Shazia  wont think so she lost becoz she is muslim...

i am surprised by such comments as well yaar. i think maybe people are upset and they want to find some reason for it. This seems like the most obvious difference so they are blaming that. They could also say that Shazia lost because she is South Indian (like Vijaylakshmi), or older than Shirpa or because she wears traditional clothes and not modern ones. But they identify most with this reason so they use that.

I joined because of this thread but ive been reading for a while so i was suprised as well.
nashasash thumbnail

Originally posted by: kasucrazy

shipra won on the basis of emotional story and tears!! shazia was a better cook by any means

well we didn't taste the food so we don't know but at least that reason is more valid than blaming religion.  I'm sure Shazia had plenty of Hindu fans as well.

If religion was a fact than I don't think Shazia would have made it to the top 2 or Joseph would have made it to top 3.
Edited by nashasash - 12 years ago
nashasash thumbnail
[QUOTE=gr8_mms]my mom also saying this that they gave the titlle to shipra bcoz she is hindu..its really unfair shazia was the best n she deserve the tittle not shipra[/QUOTE

Since you think Masterchef is a hindu show and Starplus must be a Hindu channel so only Hindus win can you tell me if a Muslim or Pakistani tv channel ever shows Hindu contestants? And if they do, do they ever show them in a positive light or ever coming close to winning? Do you think it's because they are discriminating against Hindu contestants?

I don't like breaking it down to religion but I think if you want to compare you can.
Edited by nashasash - 12 years ago
Dont bring Religion please! SRK and SK they r also muslim and u can see every producer wants them in their movie.. so please this is not the reason for Shahzia's loss!
leo4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
oh god please i am am uslim and i never thought ofr once that she lost coz of religon, that is so dumb to say that!!

keep religion out of it, had she own would have you said she won as they wanted to show a secular state???

get real. its a judging result it has nothing to do with religion
nashasash thumbnail

Originally posted by: leo4ever

oh god please i am am uslim and i never thought ofr once that she lost coz of religon, that is so dumb to say that!!

keep religion out of it, had she own would have you said she won as they wanted to show a secular state???

get real. its a judging result it has nothing to do with religion

Thanks for your reasonable answer. I agree with you. Why bring religion in it if one wanted to mention ourside reasons there are many. Nothing even suggested religious discrimination if it had i would have spoken out against it.

We are Indians first and then our religions after.

also the audience didn't know whose food they were tasting so how could it be biased.
Unless people can smell food and tell whether it's cooked by a Hindu person or non-Hindu how could they be biased? would have been more biased for judges to decide.
india2050 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nafmughal

I believe shazia lost cos she was a muslim and not a hindu like shipra. The final decisions should have been the judges and im sure they would have mad the right 1. Its wrong and i will not be watching masterchef 3.

Plzzz dont bring religious divides here-shazia herself said that she came this far was so great-the decision was with 100 fans not judges-even i am disappointed with shazia not winning but pleease no religious divides!!!!!
paroomeem thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
well i disagree, people who voted for blue or red didnt know which one is shipraz and which one is shaziaz, but still i guess finale voting must have been of judges not ordinary people
--AiSha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well well i always had a feelin shipra would win on the basis of  emotion and tears ..im a little too dissapointed as well couse shazia or joseph dint win due to they own talent but plzzz people dont involve religion 

i am a muslim too and i dint feel at once that she dint win  coz  she was a muslim  did not even think that shazia would go to finals but rather had my fingers cross for joseph ...

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nafmughal

I believe shazia lost cos she was a muslim and not a hindu like shipra. The final decisions should have been the judges and im sure they would have mad the right 1. Its wrong and i will not be watching masterchef 3.

It's people like you who bring a bad name to Islam. It's people like you who make things difficult for other muslims. Because people think that all muslims are like this: cry foul at the first whiff of difficulty, it's cos I'm a muslim that's this, it's cos I'm a muslim that's that!

I too wanted Shazia to win, not because she's a muslim, but because I thought she has great vision & potential as a MasterChef, besides being a cool & balanced person.

I see that you joined today & this is your first & only post. Instead of introducing yourself & getting to know others, you started warmongering. Yes, warmongering is most apropriate word here. Disgusting!
Edited by hamzanuha - 12 years ago