DOTW: Janvi-Viraj Lovestory... Accept or Reject?

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 12 years ago
DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK

Janvi... One sweet Innocent girl... who feel in Love with Viraj, maybe the moment he was introduced Janvi for arrange marriage...
Viraj an over-possessive husband... who enjoys to hurt his wife, beat her up, torture her mentally and physically... just for all the doubts he has...

Few episodes, where we can see, Janvi's Love and Care is improving their newly married life... But do You Support this growing friendliness between the couple?

Or...

Do You think... Janvi should stand up... and have courage to face her husband, and tell the whole world about her suffering...
Viraj is as well using Janvi's family ... gaining trust, and support of his family...

Its obvious, he is doing wrong... But if he is mentally unstable... Is his action justified??

Can Janvi's love and care change him???😳😳

Does Janvi Deserve to be Happy with him??
😕

How would you punish him for his acts???😲

What are views of people like Viraj in society... if you support RajVi... then, would you support people like Viraj, if ever faced with such people in real life??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crazygod thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
No matter what is his past, Viraj's acts are not justified. Jhanvi's love can change him, but only if he is willing to change, which I really doubt. Viraj should be punished for his acts, and Jhanavi should not give up on life and find her happiness elsewhere... 
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Jhanvi has the right to go complain against violence done to her, but I oppose the suggestion that she should leave or get him punished. He is not doing it intentionally, he is suffering from an obsessive compulsive disorder! It just happens. 

So I believe she should seek help, from someone, her family, a doctor, the religious priest, or anyone, and try to change him, if she believes she can. Besides, we can also notice that he cares for her too. When did everything possible to keep his clients comfortable, he treated her some ice cream until the Siya screwed it all. So he does care for Jhanvi somewhere inside. And I'm sure he can change, not deserve punishment.

Lovely topic by the way, very much debatable :)
shahsb_26 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Predator-

Jhanvi has the right to go complain against violence done to her, but I oppose the suggestion that she should leave or get him punished. He is not doing it intentionally, he is suffering from an obsessive compulsive disorder! It just happens. 

So I believe she should seek help, from someone, her family, a doctor, the religious priest, or anyone, and try to change him, if she believes she can. Besides, we can also notice that he cares for her too. When did everything possible to keep his clients comfortable, he treated her some ice cream until the Siya screwed it all. So he does care for Jhanvi somewhere inside. And I'm sure he can change, not deserve punishment.

Lovely topic by the way, very much debatable :)

Thanxx... and I agree with everything u said... except... seeking help from religious priests as in? See God can guide the person, he exists, but I think in such cases clincial help would be best... OCD has treatment... and 😆 I understand, Psychology is not developed so much here, and for MPD people make up saying thats when  many views interfers in person... like... aatma ghusna, and I don't what else... Used to watch Apki Antra, and the way they treated kid because of her autism... in beginning was horrible...
And in this show, I believe even Janvi will start understanding him... Remember when he had to take medicines... The way Janvi said... Aap jaldi thik ho jaaye taaki aapko meri madad ki jarurat na paade... cuz she knew viraj would never accept his dependency even on medication... he is paranoid as well... everyone is trying to kill me... kinds... he needs treatment... with love and support of his wife...
dazzlingflora thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: shahsb_26

Thanxx... and I agree with everything u said... except... seeking help from religious priests as in? See God can guide the person, he exists, but I think in such cases clincial help would be best... OCD has treatment... and 😆 I understand, Psychology is not developed so much here, and for MPD people make up saying thats when many views interfers in person... like... aatma ghusna, and I don't what else... Used to watch Apki Antra, and the way they treated kid because of her autism... in beginning was horrible...
And in this show, I believe even Janvi will start understanding him... Remember when he had to take medicines... The way Janvi said... Aap jaldi thik ho jaaye taaki aapko meri madad ki jarurat na paade... cuz she knew viraj would never accept his dependency even on medication... he is paranoid as well... everyone is trying to kill me... kinds... he needs treatment... with love and support of his wife...

agree with both of you
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I personally don't feel that Jhanvi is in the wrong. As much as Viraj tortures her, he makes her feel special & he loves her. 
What i don't agree with.. is Jhanvi constantly blaming herself for everything. She should definitely adjust & blend into Viraj's lifestyle, but she shouldn't forget her identity & do exactly what he wants. She is human, and she has desires too. When she doesn't agree with something, she should voice it to Viraj. That's what any relationship is about; sharing our concerns as well as happiness. In short, understanding one another & giving each other enough breathing space.
As for Viraj, what he is doing is wrong. However, i don't blame him fully, because we are yet to discover his past & whether he has a mental condition. Furthermore, since centuries, men have lived in this planet with the idea that a male is more superior to a female, and that the woman should be subservient to him. Especially, in India, this is true. Simple example; wives' touch their husband's feet, husbands don't touch their wives' feet. Though most people are not as extreme as Viraj, it is still predominantly a men's world, where women will be inferior. Viraj's not to be blamed, totally.
iMadz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
All I know is that this has a tragic end!

It's not about the Accept and Reject coz no one will Accept when they know her hubby is like Viraj! But I do admit that Viraj really really loves her! Its true! Viraj truly, deeply loves Janvi but the way he express his love is just so WRONG! And I think Viraj is suffering from disease and it can be cured but I don't think it will happen in the show! And as far as real life concern, I think person can be treated but the wife must have patience with the procedure but that's not my way. I am a writer and as a writer's POV this story can never have happy ending. This one carries lots of pain and torture in it and this is a story with Tragic end only! No one can live happily with a hubby like Viraj! We can not entirely blame Viraj but almost 85-90% people will agree that Viraj is the person to blame for! No one wants a hubby like that!

So, I would say, its an Accept to Reject! (😲)

That was my POV!
I didnt mean to hurt or offend anyone! 😊

WHO is even talking of acceptance here? He/she who suggests anything close to that MUST be nuts!!🤢

Viraj is...a CREATURE. To me, he doesn't deserve the epithet of a human. Don't get me wrong, I'm aware like everyone else that he's suffering from a childhood-trauma-induced mental condition and needs help. But c'mon, to justify him on that basis and (EEKS..!!) to opine that Jhanvi should actually even THINK of putting up with him, is messed up. By that logic, we should be justifying all criminals who turned out that way for their childhood/upbringing issues or because of poverty.

The answer is: Viraj should be referred to Psychiatric attention immediately, but AFTER Jhanvi divorces him.
Edited by sayali_babes - 12 years ago
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Wow I enjoyed reading everyone's opinions!

And at the TM, awesome awesome post!

Anywho, coming to my opinion. Viraj is definitely not justified in any of his actions, regardless of what happened in his childhood. Sure, that may be the reason for his behavior - his troubled childhood - but that does not excuse him for the torture he has inflicted upon Jahnvi. As for whether Jahnvi's love alone will change him, I definitely don't think so. However, I think her support, and her taking him to a psychiatrist will be key in his ultimately acknowledgement of his past, and eventual behavioral change.

Overall though, I really don't think Jahnvi should stay with Viraj after yesterday's episode, after how he raped her. I think that was one step too far, and even though she can still help him, she needs to leave that marriage, and get help for herself first.

An abusive relationship won't benefit her in any way, because she will end up being miserable and opressed her entire life, not living the way she had ever thought she would. She's already losing her sense of self!

Cheers!
Naina
shahsb_26 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Naina2127

Wow I enjoyed reading everyone's opinions!

And at the TM, awesome awesome post!

Anywho, coming to my opinion. Viraj is definitely not justified in any of his actions, regardless of what happened in his childhood. Sure, that may be the reason for his behavior - his troubled childhood - but that does not excuse him for the torture he has inflicted upon Jahnvi. As for whether Jahnvi's love alone will change him, I definitely don't think so. However, I think her support, and her taking him to a psychiatrist will be key in his ultimately acknowledgement of his past, and eventual behavioral change.

Overall though, I really don't think Jahnvi should stay with Viraj after yesterday's episode, after how he raped her. I think that was one step too far, and even though she can still help him, she needs to leave that marriage, and get help for herself first.

An abusive relationship won't benefit her in any way, because she will end up being miserable and opressed her entire life, not living the way she had ever thought she would. She's already losing her sense of self!

Cheers!
Naina

😕 But How can she help him, if she does not stay with him???
Yes, but now... I think show should move faster, its moving bit too slow... Viraj's behaviour is totally unaccepted!!!!!