transcript of LIVE CHAT with VIKAS KHANNA

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
Vikas Khanna says, Hi guys I am ready to chat with you all for the next 1 hour... Ill try and answer as many as questions as possible.
gfddss asked, How much would you rate MC India as compared to Australia and USA?
Vikas Khanna answers, Every countires Master Chef represtents their culture and it emobodies its countries. So you cannot compare the Master Chef.

jags asked, Its nice to see you on MC,India. You always look so fresh and positive.Do you have any restaurants in India???
Vikas Khanna answers, Yes I am planning my next restaurant in India. Pray for me that I acheieve my dream of opening the restaurant in Bodh Gaya

feeww asked, why is MC india so high on emotion?
Vikas Khanna answers, What was the question your mother asked you when you went to school? The answer was always 'What do you want to eat for lunch' Is it right? See for our represent our love and emotion is through food. If you remove the essence the cooking would not mean anything.

vishal asked, How as a show master chief has changed the dynamics of the cooking industry
Vikas Khanna answers, The industry has changed the moment you start appreciating talent on grassroot level. This show has done it as the contestants and viewvers have appriciated the cooking. For example I have heard that there are kiddie masterchef happening in schools across India

prashant asked, Hello Sir, I and my family watch Masterchef and is one of our favourite TV shows. We sometime wonder, that the challenges given to the contestants are so tough. A common restaurant cook is now into top 5 contestants. A common housewife was in top 8. How could it be possible that these contestants cook the challenges in the given pressure time? Do you provide the recipes to those challenges?
Vikas Khanna answers, Depending on challenege to challenge we give them recipes... but it is their dreams that they have come so far. It makes them focussed.

lalitmihit asked, I really admire your way that you help contestant in Master shef. Will you come up with new cookery shows
Vikas Khanna answers, Lot of tasks are creative work of our food team, channel and jusges. It takes days to plan one challenge. We are all a team behind Masterchef. Do you really want to see my doing my own cooking show?

Kavita asked, whats the best cooking tip u can give to a amateur cook like me ?
Vikas Khanna answers, Hi Kavita, please follow Steve Jobs. He said that all the projects that he did with his brain always failed. Anything that he did from his heart touched the sky. Cooking is the same follow your heart.

fsadf asked, Who do you think have the potential to win Masterchef India 2? Who is your favorite?
Vikas Khanna answers, I cannot predict who will win. For me everyone is the winner.

panki asked, Why do you want to open your restaurent in Bodh Gaya and not in some metro like delhi, mumbai?
Vikas Khanna answers, I think I want to do projects which have a deeper meaning. Bod Gaya gives the senes of pride to every Indian.

Ganapathy asked, Hi, Sometimes the decisions to end someone's run in MC does not seem to be justifying their performance. Like the first evictee Devika Gujral (serving up a dish) and Puneet (not serving any food in elimination) being retained. Don't you feel so?
Vikas Khanna answers, No its not like that.We know that the contestant's carrer's at risk so we do not take any bias decision

SANJAY asked, How do rate the indian food vs other countries in terms of health ?
Vikas Khanna answers, Indian food for me is the premium food not only from the spices but also from Health purpose becuase Indian is the only cuisine which originates from Ayueveda

Mrinal asked, reason behind your success is?
Vikas Khanna answers, The reason for my success is that I take energy from my team and they give me the strength to stand in the kitchen everyday.

Aashima asked, Vikas... do you have any recipe books where we could follow your dishes?
Vikas Khanna answers, I have 6 books in America and 5 more are in pipe line. We are releasing all the books in February.

arya asked, Sir...i am a student from mumbai and want to be a chef. which are the best culinary colleges in india or abroad? pls let me know.
Vikas Khanna answers, The best college is your own kitchen. Nobody can train you better than that

ajk asked, Can u cook food with any damn thing?
Vikas Khanna answers, No I dont touch any endangered speicies in my restaurant. I will never cook Pork and Beef in my life because of the respect for the fellow community.

bogus asked, Vikas Babu, how to ensure Idlis and Dhoklas are porous like we get in commercial outlets ? I doubt whether u know this..
Vikas Khanna answers, Fermentation is the key...

Akhil asked, You look really cool.. may be better than Akshay... Would you try for Bollywood if something comes your way?
Vikas Khanna answers, I was born to cook and I will continue to cook. Cooking is something which is based on pure emotions and not acting.

Deepu asked, Sir, how difficult it is for you to make balance between your work in NY & India.
Vikas Khanna answers, It is extremley difficult. Everday when the shoots ends in India it is morning in New York so it is difficult but your love and support gives me the courage.

harareanna asked, Vikas: what is your favourite dish?
Vikas Khanna answers, Langar Ke Daal

deepu_vk asked, many say that maida is not good for health... is it true?
Vikas Khanna answers, Its true... I still believe try to make things in atta

vijay_mandil79 asked, Hi,Why there is so much pressure in competition that makes every one crying on the show?
Vikas Khanna answers, It is very intense in terms of producing culinary excellence in a competitive enviornment. I repsect all of them and that is the reason we call all of them Masterchef

mongia asked, According to you what is life ?
Vikas Khanna answers, Life is a combination of three ingredients. Roots, Branches and Fruits. They cannot co exist without each other. Roots are where we are born. Branches are the life we live and Fruits are what we leave behind.

Badrinath asked, Who's a Better Chef Gordon Ramsay or Vikas Khanna ?
Vikas Khanna answers, its co-existence as that's the key.

[email protected] asked, Vikas, do u really think Indian food palates are ready for (proper) international cuisine or is it more of style and fad in india?
Vikas Khanna answers, Lets look at Indian as it is today. Its is the greates refelction of a palate that we have influenced from Mughal's Portugese, Parsi;s Jew's British, French etc... I dont think a palate cannot be so vibrant. We also see the power of the flavours of our food is more vibrant

malick asked, have u ever felt embraced b'caz of food being not in good taste
Vikas Khanna answers, Yes a lot of times... The moment of pride balances the moment of embarassment. My dishes get rejected everyday but if you know how to deal with rejection and take up the challenege you are a winner

Bhama asked, Hello sir..gud evening,who is your inspiration in cooking.
Vikas Khanna answers, My grandmother. She taught not only to cook but also the power of cook
asha asked, You are very soft spoken, humble and downto earth from you got these good qualities. Asha
Vikas Khanna answers, The moment you unerstand your life you find real hapiness

Vikas Khanna says, Thank you so much guys for taking time out and chatting with me. I tried and answer the maximum questions I could. Keep cooking and a personal message. Next time your mother cooks for you please kiss her hands. This is the divine connection between you and God. Lots of love to everyone.