The Woman He Adored...Updated Part TEN (page 7)

Posted: 12 years ago
She gazes out of the window, her mind breaking into a thousand pieces and rejoining themselves together...a faint humming in her ears increases its volume as she shuts her eyes tight and leans back against the silky texture of the bed...as her hand brushes the smooth Egyptian silk sheets...her mind rumbles back to the horrors of the night past.

Her hands were tied tight behind her...her mouth, parched dry as a desert, tried to hopelessly form words with her dysfunctional tongue.

"I...did...not do...any..thing"...her voice rasped in an imitation of speech. Her eyes bulged: Water. No water anywhere. Just...she saw him again.

His tall, slender form hovered over her...with blurred outlines in her eyes. Seconds later, she felt his eyes burning into hers...naked hatred AND helplessness blazed out from them:

"I'm not enough...is it??!!! Ohh, wait...you need more. Yes, more. Ahh...more". His hands shot up to his hair, grasping it tight, "why, why WHY, Janu, why"?

His voice fell...down to almost an inaudible level. "You know...I think I know what it is..you're a ..a...woman. The..yes...THE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES". He broke into a soft cackle. An almost unbearably painful one, almost oppressing the voice that formed it. He rolled over and tripped into the easy chair.

Then he was quiet again, suddenly. He spoke after a while, his voice quiet and nonchalant:

"You remind me of my mom, Janvi. She was sooo much like you. you see. Like you...she liked holding the hands of men. She liked to smile at them. She had a really...re-ally wide smile like yours, Jan. I hated people who were toothy. But she didn't care. She went to parties, wearing gorgeous low-necked...", Viraj spat out, "dresses. She never liked the things dad brought for her. Nothing. She hated him. She badmouthed him all day. All day..whenever she could. Blamed him. I...I remained coiled up in the corner of  my bedroom, tugging the sheets with my hand like you are now. I had a favourite Blue Car of mine who I used to share everything with. I snuggled it, whispered to it, even smashed it against the walls many times...but it never broke..good old thing. Mum brought it for me days ago in childhood...when I was young. I loved it. I loved her. She loved Dad. She loved us all."

Viraj stopped. Tilting his head back, he saw something in the air. Staring at it for a second, his gaze came back. He started again: "But she stopped loving me when I was seven. All she did...all she did was scream. Yes, scream. Scream, fight, smash crockery against the wall. I was..scared. Mom was terrible when she got angry. I was sent to Grandma's place for holidays. But the battering images never left me. They crawled on to me in my bed into my sleep and dreams...the images of her screeching, wrestling with dad...the vase flying off and missing him by inches. Mom's scowls...her disheveled images, her threats screaming to me and dad not to come near her..

I returned home..and..and her tantrums turned from bad to..to hell-ish. She stayed on for late hours at night, spending nights at hotels with...with...with," Viraj stopped again, his voice choking. "with Other men". Yes!!! VIRAJ SUDDENLY SPRANG UP FROM HIS ARMCHAIR.

He tore at his hair wildly..."yeachhh...Jhanvi...you see? Mom loved other men...she didn't love me...my dad. Dad was bad too...he never came forward to offer me his arms, just slunk away before mom. He was", Viraj's voice clenched, "a na-mard. Im-po-tente!. Ha!"

I saw, hiding behind the walls, mom cuddling with other men, uncles, sometimes Grandpa's age. I got caught a few times. Mom never bothered. I still remember ...ohh..ohh" , he clenched his hair in his fists again, "Mom making out with all those wrinkled guys...they kissed her all over...crushing her body in their wrinkled, hairy, bear-like chests. One guy particularly...I remember mom calling him Mr. Singhania. He was the one that came most to our house. He was all over mom the moment he got into the house. I watched on for weeks...how he held her tight to his obese self, and devoured her lips and breasts with his slimy, uncouth, ape hands...", Viraj spat out on the floor. His breathing became shallow...he leaned forward to catch the handle of the chair for support.

"I tried to KILL HIM. I ...mixed...crushed glass in his drink. And ya know Jhanvi, I --guess what? I succeeded!", Viraj exclaimed, looking up at Jhanvi directly after long. His breathing seemed to go back to normal. His eyes gleamed with naughtiness and excitement when he leaned over to Jhanvi's ears, whispering almost seductively:

"It was a real pleasure. The best treat I ever got in my life...the sight of the old grease-ape moaning and clasping his throat on the ground, each twist and turn explaining how much...how MUCH the glass shards had cut in. And he, " Viraj giggled, "did all this while STARK NAKED. I told you, Mom never closed the door". Viraj broke off, laughing gleefully.

"Well, Sonofapigbum died.Mom," Viraj hesitated, "mom was arrested for his murder. The initial suspect was dad, but he was let off after investigation. I never left anything awry, you see. I liked to watch CID regularly"...Viraj said, with the same glee. He laughed.

"Don't know what happened to mom after...people at my Grandpa's said she went crazy in prison and died there soon. Serves her right, biatch! But," he added ruefully, "it could've been good also, no, Jhanvi? I could've loved her. She could've gone on loving me. We could've stayed together. She could've...NOT GONE ASTRAY". Viraj's voice dropped temperature.

He leapt up from the armchair and sat himself on the bed. He grabbed Jhanvi with both hands. "See it now, Jhanu, see it all? My mom liked to hold his hand. You are holding..letting another touch your hand. Aise kaise chalega Jhanvi? Bolo na?" His voice broke.

Then he smiled...the crooked, menacing look creeping back to his lips. Not anymore, see? This time, I'M HERE...NOT ...my dad. Not...a na-mard!!

These were his last words that night. After that...Jhanvi recalled her own voice screeching out for help, her helpless screams bounding off the table as he freed her from her clothes with animal vigour, his lips, tongue and teeth exploring her ferociously...Jhanvi felt herself plundered...looted and the humming sound increased in her ears.

And now she was, sitting up on her bed. This was next day. Maybe there will be tomorrow, too. And the day after... Edited by sayali_babes - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manipadma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG !!! I'm speechless...yuo write it so well...grttt !!
beeangel11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
outstanding. For some seconds, I felt this is the story Viraj told Janvi after that incidence. Keep up the good work
--Flora-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Omg u can write gud FFs..it felt as if i ws reading Viraj n Jahnvi's story frm a book..

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Hi!
I have caught up to epi 5, Was this FF or an update? Whatever it was  - was brilliant!

Tum tho Viraj ke character mein pura guss gayi thi yaar! Lol.
rockin_gal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
JUST WOWWW!!!!!!!!! U are awesomeee... this was sooo gooddd... Can you just turn this into an FF and continue writing plzzz... and plz dont forget me to add me into ur pm list ðŸ˜ƒ
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Omg.. Sayali.. U here?? Wow..
Brilliant piece of writing.. It was so perfect. Pls write more..
Hello all!!... 😃

Thanks for your comments...do let me know ways to improve this..ideas, suggestions welcome.

I'm not turning this into an FF immediately, but will definitely try to write more when I can.

Thank you, again!
Edited by sayali_babes - 12 years ago
PART TWO---update:

Jhanvi leaned over the surface of the pool...its dark, bluish waters rippled with the slight breeze. The light from the fairy bulbs in the trees gleamed mysteriously in the disturbed waters. "Dark Water" was a movie she had watched on HBO a few days back...for some reason, this visual was reminiscent of it.

This was a month later... visuals of this one month past was now merely a blur in her brain. She vaguely remembered the stifling, exhaustive sensations creeping over her as her lungs filled with water, prepared to burst themselves. A little bit of life squeezed out from her with every drop of liquid that filled her progressively'..water. Water gave life. It did take life too'.when you held yourself under it stubbornly for three minutes. But wait'this was not TAKING life really, was it? Nah'.it was giving life'.LIFE itself for Jhanvi. Truly, in the past two months into her marriage, that was probably the first time she felt liberated'through her choking intake of the air...no, water..She could taste the tangy breath of freedom, finally; finally she got to do something. She finally got to move herself by her own will at last, even if it was only to plunge herself in the deep swimming pool that offset the picturesque Dobriyal residence. She didn't remember how she had managed to get past the watchman, just heard the news of his disappearance a few days later. She remembered Viraj's soaking wet shiny black suit when he'd reached out and pulled her up in time'.his face was contorted and his mouth formed words which wheezed past like this breeze today. He had lifted her up and carried her tenderly to her room'where he'd himself resuscitated her and nursed her back. Jhanvi was on the bed for a whole week. The whole one week, Viraj dropped office to be at her side. She remembered the dresses, gifts, chocolates he'd brought her every night from the town'.his smiling face cracking jokes which were forced to fall on her ears'where they crashed. She was numb. Her shut eyes flashing underneath the soft lids; she couldn't control the smoke that billowed out of them. Sometimes her mind wandered to her life before her Marriage. The first day she met Smiling Satan, and was foolishly taken in all over by the first signature "coy look smile" that he darted at her like a tomahawk.'his slight-stutter charm, his apparent naivet, his wide-eyed seemingly-innocent euphoria that she was his, she'd meant to be his, only his,-- all along. Jhanvi felt it too, did she? She did smile at him, go out with him to dinner and couldn't leave the coy smile till their first date after-marriage, when he took her out to one of the plushest five-stars in town. That was now a dusty, very dusty picture right at the edge of her Memory album. That visual kept coming back, as did the nightmarish bellows afterwards.

Jhanvi looked up from the pool at some sound. This was an open-ground party at the posh Nakshatra Hall of Shimla, hosted by Mr. Raichura, the new CEO of Viraj's Company. The Hall ground was lovely; the white winged angels and stone fountains and shaped trees made night gatherings quite memorable there. The statue closest to the pool, an angel with a fountain-pot, gleamed brightly'in contrast to the little flickers of lights that danced around in the pool now. Jhanvi withdrew herself and smoothed her locks a bit, as she caught the eyes of Mrs. Raichura who she'd been introduced to earlier in the evening. "Lovely lady she is'.what a beautiful face! "She'd exclaimed. "Jhanvi'nice name. Jhanvi, I must say you're really VERY LUCKY. Dobriyal was one of the most eligible chaps ever in the entire Office circle. I was thinking of telling my hubby to see him about my sister's daughter's alliance, oh well'guess he found you before. Hahaha", she finished with a high-pitched, but pleasant laugh. Jhanvi had smiled at the comment. You lose some, and win some, she mentally told Mrs. Raichura that time.

"Attention everyone! Here's somebody I want y'all to meet today." Everybody turned around to see in the direction where they spotted the new CEO coming forward with a tall slender bespectacled man. He (the latter) did not look older than thirty-five. "I want you all to meet," R explained to the audience before him, "the new Assistant Manager of the Co. from next week. He's taking up in place of Kapoor who resigned last Monday. Meet and welcome Mr. Rajiv Sabharwal into the Company. Welcome to our family, Mr. Sabharwal." The introduction was responded with by a flutter of clapping. All smiles at once round the room. Jhanvi smiled too, meekly, the edges of her lips just stretched in impression. Mr. Sabharwal was shaking hands with smiling executives, officers and their wives'at Jhanvi's turn, she quickly folded her hands'Viraj stood just a few steps away, busily chatting about some up-and-coming project with the gentleman next to him. "Okay, as the lovely lady wishes", Rajiv chucked softly, hi eyes subtly litting up with the smile. For a second, Jhanvi caught something in his eyes. His eyes had the same gray-green tint as Viraj did'..well, she might've been mistaken.

But something about the guy was'..disturbing. Or was it intriguing? Jhanvi wondered'she'd only caught his glimpse for a brief moment, still.

Dinner was over'plates and glasses were now piling up slowly at the Bin under the last tree on the park's edge. Guests were fidgety, flashing final "goodbye-ish smiles" at each other and preparing to leave; others were still engaged in small-talkish chit chat. Viraj was conversing with Sabharwal, the new Assistant manager now. Warm-up talk, Jhanvi figured.

Finally, the host Mr. Raichura gathered up the leaving guests for final pleasantries. "It was a pleasure, gentlemen and Ladies. See you all another evening, the New Year's just round the corner. All of you are cordially invited. You shall be informed of the venue.

As Viraj and Jhanvi started out towards the gate at their waiting car outside, Jhanvi looked back at Rajiv ---who was still there, merrily carousing still with one of the invitee's wife. She looked on for a moment before hastily tearing away her gaze.

She knew she'd meet him again.

Edited by sayali_babes - 12 years ago
Manipadma thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thnk u sooo much for update...it was like i'm watching DSDDSB...hey i didn't get abt new entry..is he a nice guy???? Or just like viraj...waiting for next...plzzz update soon...its very interesting 😃