BV 6th January 2012 Written Update - COMPLETE

Posted: 12 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

The Villiage people truly dissapointed me today with her bahaviour, they always do this praise Anandi and then talk ill of her everytime Anandi points out their wrong doing.

They have beaten up a innocent lady... couldnt believe one of the men suggested taking her clothes off and parading her in the villiage
I am so glad BV is taking up this serious issue of witch hunting still prevalent in many Indian villages. The "suspected" witch is often stoned to death, paraded naked and burned alive!. Thank you CVs for bringing this heinous practice to the fore. 👏 Edited by woman11 - 12 years ago
So such behaviour and acts happen even now in India? it is common or uncommon for this type of occurance?
thanks for the update.

I agree this witch hunting business still goes on all around the village.

thanks for the update..

that boy was inside his house only?..😲..i think..that is some other house of them..and he felt asleep there..🤔..but why they didn't look at that house first?😕😡

villagers should be punished!!!..why without any proof they r beating a poor lady..😒

i want to see how Anandi will make the villagers believe that lady is not the dayen..how she will change their mentality..its not so easy i think!..🤔
its such a tough time for the sarpanch...

Yes Juleka, they are very much alive in many parts of "modern" India. Have a look at this article:

http://www.care2.com/causes/witch-hunts-on-the-rise-in-rural-india.html

Edited by woman11 - 12 years ago
God, how perverted, what will they get parading the woman naked???? This is how phoolan's are born. These people are seriously demented.  Basanth is left trying to control the mob, and I still don't understand why CV's always end up showing villagers as shallow and ready to jump to conclusion that Anandi is wrong. This is the 5th or 6th time they are doing so. You would think they would stop after 2-3 times