Saravanan Meenatchi

!Saravanan Meenakshi January 2012 Archives!

sneha_v thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simi_1 thumbnail
Thursday 5th Jan 2011

Main event of yesterday: 
Meenu bails saravanan & his friend out of jail
Saravanan's sis & mom act up to get ready for the engagement, but then saravanans mom tells the sister that she has a master plan and asks her to get ready quickly, quick recap for today

Scene 1
A sad Tamil is sititing in the temple pushkarani, and meenu pays him a visit, and she asks him why is he sad when everyone else are very happily participating in the engagement preps, Tamils says that he is not needed there and he does not want to participate in his own sisters engagement as an outsider.  Meenu says that from his childhood he has accepted many things that he did not like just because she liked it, and she knows for sure that he will also accept saravanan one day, and if she thought that saravanan would not be accepted by him, and she would have given up on saravanan as her brother is more important to her than anyone else in the world.  Tamil also says that she is more known as tamil's sister and if he cannot make it to the engagement , there won't be any engagement. She says that only he knows what she wants best,  so she will never get married by breaking his heart. Now tamil gets all emotional and says Avan kadakaran biscottu, i will come for the engagement and asathufy the entire function.  MEenu says that she can have a husband kids etc, but nothing can take her anna's place.  Tamil says now that is more than what he needed to hear and he starts ordering folks to take care of the rest of the engagement preparations.  

Now meenu is all dressed up in a mango color with green border sari, looking out for someone.  The sisters kalachufy,  Meenu calls saravan and asks why is he still not here, saravanan says that he had to tie the veshti with belt , rope, stapler etc, and says that he will arrive soon.  Saravana says he is so tensed as responsibilites are increasing, and they hang up ( there is few more dialogues, so pls watch the show if u can)

Tamil asks his dad to call moota kannan😆 and ask where they are

Scene 2
Mappilai veetu car arrives and saravan gets out in style amidst, tonnes of firecrackers blasting, meenu looks and ellelo sound track plays, then moota kannan, oops his dad comes out along with wife and daughter.  Tamil is told to welcome the guests and he puts the malai on saravanan and welcomes him ( very nice scene expressions are priceless, especially his mom and daughter exchanging glances when tamil garlands saravanan).  Meenus dad puts a gold chain, meenus sister asks why the customs are ollta that ponnu veetu karanga putting chain for the boy. Then the band baja starts and the mappilai toli dances towards the mandapam entrance.  At the entrance they take arati for him, and suddenly saravanan says enna mama ponnu enngaye nikkudu😲, and the camera zooms on Achi😆, and mama says amma he is talking about you only, patti taunts saravanan and saravanan says if he marries he will only marry her,😆 and patti says it is not easy to marry her as the one who marries her must first adakufy a kAla mAdu and then carry a stone, saravanan says is that all, now i will carry you itself in stead of the stone and he lifts her everyone is laughing and celebrating 😆

Scene 3
Meenus sis comment on saravanan's dresscode as he is dressed  like a mappilai, at that time saravanans mom and dad come to meet her, meenu asks her sisters to feed them, his mom asks her husband to go have breakfast, as she wants to talk to meenu.  When they are alone saravanas mom reminds of her past encounter with her and says that though meenu asked for forgiveness, she has not forgotten her, and says that if meenu is planning to come to chase her away from home, then she better think again.  Meenu says that she promises not to ever act like that anymore.  Saravanans mom warns meenu to wait and watch the show, as the engagement unfolds, meenu says that mariyadhai is for everyone and she will never give up her self respect.  She will work on fixing saravanans moms anger

thodarum...

Edited by simi_1 - 12 years ago
autumnsconcerto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Friday Reserved...Aiyioo, what is this bombshell?  ~No worries, I escaped!!! 😃~

[Friday Jan.6, 2012.]

Scene 1: Saro and his father go with Meenu's father to meet Tamil. Saro and his father want to gift Tamil with a ring, like Meenu's dad gave Saro a golden chain. At first Tamil is hesitant, but he grudgingly takes it after his father forces him (aww, he cares about his sister so much👏). Saro and his dad immediately start taking photos of this event😆. Eventually Tamil and his father leave. Saro exclaims "why did we do this?". His dad says that this will make Tamil hit him [Saro] lighter now, because every time he lifts his hand to hit you, he will see the ring😆(fantastic logic). Saro congratulates his father on this plan and both father & son are super happy. But in comes Tamil🤣, and the father-son duo quickly make their exit. Tamil just gives them a stare😆.

Scene 2: Engagement is about to start. Soundarya and Saro's mom have a conversation; Soundarya asking when she [her mom] is going to start her plan, her mom replies that you shouldn't throw bombs carelessly, instead you should time it perfectly😕 (aiyiyoo, what is this plan?). Saro's mom then, more cryptically says, watch how well what I lit of fire, explodes😕. Soundarya says "intha build up iku onnum korachalillai" 😆. Saro's mom says be patient. Soundarya says if we are patient anymore, the whole wedding is going to finish (that's what all we viewers want). Saro's mom says "definitely this wedding won't happen" 😕. Saro's dad watches his wife out of the corner of his eyes and thinks that his wife is planning something (please do something to stop your wife's plan 👍🏼).

Saro notices his dad's face and asks why he is serious at such a happy event, when he used to be jolly under all the other problems. Saro's dad replies, "Nothing, I'm just thinking about your mom". Saro asks "Why, what's wrong? Mom has stayed silent so far". Saro's dad replies that it is what's wrong and that he has some doubts as to what she might be planning👏. Saro as usual, denies this fact. Saro's dad warns his son that he doesn't know the truth about his mom and that she [Saro's mom] has many weapons hidden within her sari and can use them very casually and walk away (sorry for my horrible Tamil  to English translation here). Saro asks, after this moment, what can she possibly do? His dad says "This is where you are making a mistake. I lived with her for 30 years"😆. In this gap, Saro's mom smiles at them. Saro quickly asks his dad the meaning behind that smile. His dad replies, "Wait and watch is the meaning, so be careful"😕.

Scene 3: Iyer says call the girl to take the engagement sari. Sudha goes to bring Meenu out. Saro's mom scoffs how both her hubby and son are looking for Meenakshi like people look for Rajini, the first time they go to one of his films😆. Soundarya adds on by asking her mom, "At what time did you give birth to him [Saro]? He is such an allpam". Saro meanwhile, is asking his father why it is taking so long for Meenakshi to walk from her room. His dad makes fun of him for it. 

Meenakshi makes her entrance and "Aalai Lo" song starts playing in the background😳. Saro and Meenu look at each other and smile😳. Happiness all around, except for Saro's sister and mom😆. Meenu and Saro talking through their eyes...again😳😳😳. Iyer asks the groom's parents to stand up and give the engagement sari to Meenakshi. Saravanan, in a fit of excitement, stands up instead🤣. Everyone laughs. Iyer repeats, "I didn't call you mappillai, sit down. Why are you so hasty?" (you don't know half the problems these 2 went through). Saro's dad finally gets his son to sit back down.

Paati tells Meenu's dad that Saravanan reminds her of her of her late husband, with regards to his eagerness. Meenu's dad says that Saro is her late husband's way of giving 'imisai' to her😆 (Saro, hear this? Even your in-laws appreciate your thollais). Paati says if Saro tries any of that, she'll cut his tail. After all, she even gave her late husband a couple of slaps sometimes. Then she tells her son that she forgot to tell him something. Meenu's dad quickly asks if it is about the kiss Saro gave her. She says, "Ada kaandravi aa! Atha yar onnoku sonna thu?". Meenu's dad replies that is was Saravanan😆. Paati calls Saro shameless, and asks if he telling this to everyone (LOL, Paati he works at a radio station, remember?). Meenu's dad laughs.

Iyer once again call Saro's parents to give sari to Meenakshi. Saro's dad and (grudgingly) mom, get up to give sari. Meenu drops onto her knees to receive blessings and then takes the sari😊. Smiles on all of Meenakshi's relatives (yes, even Tamil is smiling). Saro and Meenu start talking through their eyes, before the Iyer tells everyone to take Meenu inside before the auspicious time ends. Saro watches Meenu leave, until he nearly tips over, sending everyone into giggles again.

Scene 4: Meenakshi is admiring her engagement sari when her phone rings. The caller (as you may all have guessed) is none other than Saravanan. He asks Meenakshi if she has tied the sari or not. She says no. So he tells her to open the window to her room, so he can talk to her. Meenakshi opens the window and looks around for Saro. Instead, he makes a Deiva Thirumagan entrance ("Saravanan vantha'chu") and scares Meenakshi🤣. Once she gets over her shock, Meenu asks him why he is peeking in when she is changing saris? Saro replies by saying that he decently called and asked her before talking through the window and kindly asks her to open the door. Meenu says no😆. Saro asks for just 2 minutes to talk. Meenu says whatever you want to say, say it here. Saro replies by saying that it feels like I'm talking to you from jail😆. Meenu replies, "look how many people came here...if someone saw, what would happen?". Saro says instead of telling me all this, you could have just opened the door. Meenu closes the window on him😆.

Scene 5: Saro knocks on the window a couple of times and then walks past the door. Just as he walks past, Meenu opens the door and Saro quickly backtracks. He asks "may I come in?" to Meenakshi. She nods no, before opening the second door as well😳. With romantic bgm playing, Saro goes in behind Meenu😳. Meenakshi asks what do you want, but Saro just picks up the engagement sari. He asks her, "how is the sari?"😉. Meenakshi replies that the sari looks super and asks him how he picked out such a sari. Saro replies, it was Yamini's selection after alland that no one can beat her when it comes to sari selections (your mom is not needed to stop this wedding, your mouth alone is enough Saravanan!!!). Meenakshi immediately tells Saravanan to get out. Saro asks, "What happened Meenakshi?" (ennuma theriyala???). Meenakshi asks how can you take her [Yamini] to buy a sari for me? Saravanan in his mind voice, realizes that he blurted the whole truth to Meenu. Meenu is not satisfied there; she tells Saro to call her father and to cancel this engagement. Saro just blinking like a deer caught in headlights🤣. Saro asks why Meenu is getting tension about this matter (No she'll be super happy after hearing this! Even better lets share this happy news with Tamil). Meenakshi asks him how he would react if she took Somu or Arunacelam (the angry police officer) to buy a vetti for Saro👏. And she points out that just mentioning their names causes Saro's face to drop👏.

Saro quickly sammalichifies. He says that he only took Yamini to help him carry bags (ada paavi!!!) and that he himself, chose her sari. Meenakshi doesn't look convinced, but Saravanan promises that it was his selection. Saro asks her again if she likes it and this time Meenu says it looks okay. Saro starts flirting with Meenakshi but she tells him to leave her room. Saro repeats that since the sari is new, she might need help with the pleats😆. Meenakshi says she has been wearing a sari since she was 17🤣and can handle it. Saro doesn't want to leave but Meenu finally pushes him out. Saro is all dejected and walking away, so Meenu calls him. When he turns around, Meenu says "I love you da chellam" 😳 (so romantic!!!).

Saravanan doesn't pay attention at first, but then quickly turns around. Romantic bgm plays again😳and Meenu closes her doors. Saro runs back to the doors and then to the window and knocks. He asks Meenu to repeat what she said one more time. Meenu opens the window and says, I just said it. Saro says that he didn't hear it properly and asks her to repeat it it one more time. Meenakshi says its your fault for not paying attention, what can I do about that? Saro asks please, and Meen says "poda". Saro just stands there (staring at Meenakshi😳) preventing Meenakshi from closing the window. So Meenakshi slowly touches his hand, before pinching his hand and Saro finally lets go😆.

Episode ends with a freeze on both their faces in different rooms, smiling and looking at the barrier between them. 😳               

Edited by autumnsconcerto - 12 years ago
nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
!Saravanan Meenakshi January 2012 Archives!
nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Archives Copy
Monday January 2ed 2012 ,episode 73

part:1
The episode starts with saro and yamini both coming to a dress shop and saro asks the man where is pattu sarees section and he says the way ,yamini asks saro you said me that you want to take dress for you so i came bt now you are asking for sarees and he says that yes for me too and for meenu too and she says i will not come to select saree for her and are you not ashamed that ena lova panna and now going to marry her asks me to pick saree and saro says will you come or not ,she says coming and both goes selecting sarees and saro says no not nice and select it more costly, yamini asks why da ,he says mirch saravanan is giving her for the first time so it must be grand and then she says that you know me morethan a year and you loved me too and have you got and gave me some thing atlest for 1000 rs and he says that enna yamini i know you  more than a year and i know her for 3 months so that only she says enna da logic idhu and he says that eppo ne select panna poriya illaiya and he asks that man to show some more sarees ans he says i have show you all the sarees in the shop if you want me that this they have to make 😆 and saro says come yamini let go to some other shop and she says that enna da etho CBI raid panna mathri you made the shop😆and eppo come lets go to some other shop pa ,you have to take saree in this shop and he makes fun bt taking each and every saree and showing different poses and all people in the shop are looking at him and yamin says that just pick the saree and he says i will select 5 sarees and in that you select one and he selected 5 and yamini says paravala you are selection is good and she selects one saro says ada even i was thinking of this saree only he & says we are made for each other yamini ,she says that dai get lost da..😆
part:2
shifts to saro hous ,saro happily sings songs and comes down and makes fun with his dad and asks appa is tomorrow really engagement for me his dad says yes and he shouts enaku engagment...&asks to his dad here after marriage la problem will not come na/and his dad says i think your mom will make some problem and says that eppo she will come and act like she is not well and his mom also act as  she get shoulder pain  and saro's dad says now its you are sister's turn and she will act now and his sis comes and asks her mom enna ma lets go to hospital ...and she goes in and saro dad says that saro as doctor said to me personally that if she gets pain like this again then we have to do bypass surgery and he mom gets shocked and says operation what is that and both saro and his dad and its nothing taking heart out and cleaning it and he mom says no no now its better for me come lets go and saro's dad says that illa lets go to hospital ,saro call doctor ,ambulance he mom says no no now i am perfectly all right its go and she she lifts tow bags ,saro sis comes there and sars amma enna aachu ,,she says come soon or else we will miss the train ..
part:3
saro's family comes to a lodge which was booked by meenu;s family and he sis starts he Ramayana that No AC,not neat etc...how come i will stay here ...and he mom to joins ,she asks to saro that do we have to stay here ? he says yes and he says to his dad that i am going to our room you come soon  ,he went and her mom asks we both separate room ? he says appo tan you both will be free she asks enna free? he says appo tan you both can decide how to stop the engagement ,saro comes says that i am going to meet meenu and her sis says enna da tomorrow you have engagement  bt now you are goigng to meet her and he says that why you have never met your hubby before marriage?and he leaves and shifts to meenu 's house saro comes to meenu's house in auto ,the auto man says O you came to his house ,and says that meenu;s dad is a very goos man and her daughter is going to get married and asks in what way you are sondham for them and saro says i am the one who is going to marry meenu and the auto man says dnt lie ,,she looks beautiful and will they marry her to you  and he leaves ...saro says that enna he is damaging us 
and he goes to patti and says patti ,patti says no one is in house go to other house and saro says patti nala pathu solunga and she put her glass and says O neeya what you came this side and tomorrow engagement and you are here suma came to see meenu and she says no one is in the house and both goes on talking and patti says enna in your house they have not thought how to respect elders ?? saro asks what is respect ? there comes meenu's brother and says how come he knows all that saro see's him and mulichifies
continue...

sneha_v thumbnail

The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

lakshm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wednesday episode

PART1:

Saru and menu are standing sis comes and givs the mala to them''both sis asks them to wear the mala menu stares at saru'.with kalayana bg both come and sit in the chairs kept for groom and bride'''''..they both keep on looking at each the other bg is still playing''..

Photographer comes and takes pics but menu isn't happy at all she looks very upset and angry''..meenus mom dad come der.they get blessing from dem saru asks sorry''..meenus dad advices menu to be smiling and happy'''

Then menus sis giv them cold drink menu drinks it fully'''..

PART2:

Meenus dad comes to the terrace and sees sarus dad and trys to talk to him''''..sarus dad is trying to avoid him''..so menus dad asks y r u trying to avoid me'''''..he says im not''''.but menus dad doesn't accept it''sarus dad says it was very big mistake to ask 100 pounds during the engagement'''.meenus dad says don't feel bad it wasn't ur mistake''..sarus dad feels very bad for it and has an open talk with menus dad''''

Part 3:

In phone menu scolds saru how can u be like this after doin all those without any shame ur sitting next to my dad'''.both are sitting opposite each other at lunch place menu forces saru not to have lunch but menus dad is not understng y saru not having the food...he gets meenu also avoids the food and leaves...

Edited by lakshm - 12 years ago
simi_1 thumbnail
Thursday, 11th Jan 2012

A brief update as my sinus is killing me

Scene 1
-----------

meenu is sitting and lamenting in Motta mAdi, when her brother brings her Thayir sadam and urgai and asks her to eat.  Meenu looks at her brother and tells that she was extremely hungry and was just thinking if only someone can bring her this thayir sadam, and is very happy that her brother read her mind and brought her the same.  then the brother sister have a heart to heart talk and tamil assures her that come what may he will stand by her

Scene 2
-----------
Sarav's family is sitting to eat lunch, and his mom is trying to act up as she is the mapillais mom, sarav's dad warns her and tells her that already men in the house hold have had too much to drink as they are looking to beat up the sambandhi lady who asked for 100 paun gold 😆In the mean time tamil arrives and adives his friends to serve the sambandi family very well, in a very sarcastic way, and the friends serve them very little sambar and things to follow.  Sarav mom questions about the little sambar, for which his dad says this is better, if you keep talking like this then soon they might serve rasam with visham😆

Scene 3
-----------
Sarav and dad bump into each other looking for a rest room, then split to find the same.  Sarav bumps into Achi speaking to tamil and achi and tamil give him an earful about how they could demand 100 soverigns gold, etc, poor sarav tries to say that he did not ask , but achi says maybe it is a family plan that the son will ask through the mother, so one gets good name and the other a bad name, she says anyway her meenu is worth more than the gold that they have demanded. Sad  Sarav moves on from there and bumps into meenu, who is very irritated with him and says that how could he be quiet when his mother demanded all that gold(come on meenu, thought you were mature, guess not),and she tells him that she will only pretend to be happy but he is only marrying a lifeless person with 100 whatever of gold, and moves on, saravan asks her not to spill her words, without understanding the situation, but this girl won't stop anyway a heartbroken saravanan wiping his tears is left frozen on the screen

thodarum
Edited by simi_1 - 12 years ago
autumnsconcerto thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Friday Reserved!!! Thank You atina for saving me a post!!!😃

[Friday January 13, 2012]

Scene 1: Saravanan and his family are getting to leave. Saro is still waiting for a "bye" from Meens (ithu onnu than ippo korrachal). As he is waiting in the entrance, everyone is coming out except for Meens. Saro is still pacing around the front, when he sees Meenu's sisters. He asks them whether Meenakshi is busy and whether she will say bye to him. The sisters giggle and reply that Meenakshi is sitting around uselessly😆, but is super mad at Saro (irukka tha, pinna?). Meenu's sisters ask Saravanan if he doesn't know how Meenakshi will act by now, and that Meenakshi still has a small hope that Saro will come and say "bye" to her [Meens]. Just as Saro is about to reply, Sudha's [Meenu's sister] phone rings. Caller is Meenakshi (😆who else talks on the phone in this serial except our main leads?) and Sudha quickly turns her cellphone speaker on (good move). Meenu asks her sister if Saro left. Sisters automatically say yes. Meenu calls their bluff, and immediately figures out that they are lying😲.

Meenu's sister asks "How do you know he [Saro] hasn't left?" Meenakshi just replies by saying that she knows these things. The sisters giggle, but Meenakshi continues. She warns them not to tell Saro that she is angrily sitting in the maadi (upstairs) room, and send him up there to pacify her (you just told Saro directly from your mouth). Her sisters say they understand loud and clear. All the while Saro is listening in on this conversation with Meenu's sisters. Again Meens repeats her orders (ie. Don't tell Saravanan!!!) to her sisters but this time Saro grabs the phone. "Your alone in an upstairs room, and I shouldn't come to pacify you...correct?" questions Saravanan. Immediately Meens asks who this is (inuma theriyala?😃) and Saro replies saying that he is her thatha (grandfather). She warns him not to see her. He say don't be in such a rush, and that he is already coming up (his dialogue: Maama is on the way!🤣).

Scene shifts to Meenu's room, where she is sitting on a wooden chair and Saro enters. Saro coughs to get Meenu's attention, but she doesn't notice (she has her back towards him). He coughs twice and Meenu turns around. She still looks mad and asks Saro what he wants. He says he want a "bye" from her. Meenu asks "If I don't say "bye", you won't leave this place?" Saro say "No, I won't go." Meenu refuses to say bye. Saro asks that since he is going back home, what does she have to lose by not saying "goodbye" to him?  Meenu sarcastically replies, "Sir, the job you came for is finished. You successfully completed your deal and got 100 pounds of gold (aiyoo! another repeat of yesterday's fight). Why don't you go home happily?" Saro looks dejected😕, and asks Meenu to not bring the issue up again. But Meenu is in no mood to stop and continues on saying, "But we are not like you sir. If don't give you gold and property, you won't marry us...right?" Saro is getting mad, and threatens to "palla peithiruvan" (😲😲😲shocking!!!) if she keeps on mentioning it. Meenu asks, "After all you have done, you are getting angry now too?" (valid point).

Saro loses his cool and asks Meenu if she is a loosu and whether she respects humans. Meenu looks away. Saro continues on, saying that Meenu suspects everything she touches and "thonura pothalama, urasii paakirathu"😕. He asks her what she is really thinking about in her heart; that all boys are losers, frauds and cheats, while all girls are good, patient and obedient? (What does this have to do with anything?😕) Saro says that he is pleading with her so much to drop this gold matter (dude, its a 100 pounds of gold!!!😡) for now and that he will discuss is later on with her, but is she [Meens] listening? No. He says that his mom is "old fashioned, that's why she is so stubborn, not listening to anyone & making unnecessary problems...but you [referring to Meens], you are educated, so why can't you act a bit more patiently? (Also valid point.)" He asks Meens why she is creating more problems than his mom now and acting impulsively. Meens asks whether her anger seems like "kaeli" to Saro. Saro tells Meenu to get angry, but asks why she is suspecting him😕. He says that for her [Meenu], he gave away 10 pounds of gold to girl he barely knew. If he is capable of doing this, how would he even dare of burdening Meenu and her family with a strain such as this [100 pound of gold]? Meenu asks whether this makes what his mother asked for and what her father is going to do, all a lie. Saro says that's the truth, but I never did anything wrong. Meenu asks what is talking about, but Saro tells her to ask her dad about it😕😕😕.

Saro says that Meenu's dad will tell her the truth and reveal Saro's true character to her. Saro asks her whether she will believe him then. He then tells Meenu to hold off on hurting other people's hearts with words, before knowing the entire truth. Meenu looks confused. Saro says that he too has a heart and he too feels pain😭. And Saro says that's not all, if she [Meenu] suspects his honesty, he too will get angry😲. After saying this, Saro angrily exits the room leaving Meenakshi alone. Meenakshi simply stares, before going off to find her dad.        

Meenu's dad is happily chatting with some relatives, before Meenu requests to talk with him privately. As usual, Meenu's dad complies. They move to another room and her dad asks her what's wrong. She asks her dad what Saravanan told him, and her dad quickly diverts the topic by commenting on how nice her sari looks😆. Meenakshi tells him to stop changing the subject. She repeats her original question, what Saro tell him? Meenu's dad replies that he [Saro] said goodbye😛. Meenu is getting irritated (with this one trait alone, everyone will know Meenu is Tamil's sister) and asks what Saro said about the gold. Meenu dad replies that before he tells her, she has to tell him what she said to Saro. Meenakshi quickly denies saying anything but her dad asks is she yelled at Saro. Meenu's face gives away the answer. Her dad sighs and states that kids these days have no patience what so ever😕. Meenu replies that after all they [Saro's family], why should they [her family] be patient? Meenu's dad says he wasn't talking about that, instead he was merely trying to say that people shouldn't make rash decisions without properly knowing what is going on.

Meenu says the whole village knows what happened, but her dad tells her to forget that incident and asks her what she fought with Saro for. Meenu answers that she asked Saro: "That if you [Saro] always agree to what your mom says, if tomorrow she asks you [Saro] to leave me...will you leave?" Meenakshi's dad asks why she spoke like this, Meenu answers that she spoke even more than this. She says that she asked Saravanan, "You are asking for 100 pounds of gold from your wife...are you even a human (ouch)?" Meenu's dad astonished, and asks what else did you say to Saro? Meenu says that is all she remembers for now, but she said even more angry stuff to Saro. Meenu's dad is sad that Saro might feel upset. Meenu says let him [Saro] feel upset, if he can't argue what is right and wrong...what right does he have to call himself a man (ouch, this is a bit harsh, no Meens)? Her dad tells her that if she knew the truth about Saro, she would understand just how good Saro is😕. Meenu is confused. Meenu's dad continues saying that before Saro went home (after Meenu agreed to marriage but before engagement), Saro came to visit him [Meenu's daddy].

Flashback; both Saro and Meenu's dad are standing in front of a temple. Saro asks Meenu's dad, if his visits (to come and see Meenu) is a burden to him. Meenu's dad says no and asks whether traveling from Madras to Kaladakurichi, is a burden. He goes on to state that he views Saro as not his son-in-law, but as his son 👏 and that he [Saro] should treat Meenu's house as his own home (😊aww!!!). He gives Saro permission to come and go whenever (what a super father-in-law & son-in-law relationship!!!). Meenu's dad tells Saro, that it is his wish to make the engagement grand and Saravanan agrees. Meenu's dad further states that ever since we fixed this marriage there have been a lot of problems and misunderstandings, hence I want this engagement to go smoothly to ward off any 'dhisti'.  

Saro asks whether engagement is necessary😲, and Meenu's dad is confused. Saro clarifies that, he wants to go directly to marriage (ada paavi! why this rush?). Meenu's dad says to tell you the truth; I'm doing this for you. Now it's Saro's turn to be confused. Meenu's dad clarifies that after marriage you can be kind to your wife, but you can only experience 'kaadhal' before marriage😳😳😳. That's why he planned to give Saro and Meens an extra 3 months (the time between the engagement and marriage) for them to romance👏👏👏. Saro double happy. Meenu's dad says don't take me wrong, but when you [Saro] and Meenu compromise with each other or fight with each other and then just as quickly get back together, I am really happy and my heart is full. He blesses Saro and Meenu's relationship to always remain at this level of care, affection and love. Saro says hearing you speak; maybe we should postpone the marriage a bit longer (no thank you). Meenu's dad laughs.

Saro says that regarding his marriage, he has certain desires and wishes. Meenu's dad says tell, I will try my best to fulfill them. Saro says that the girl he marries has to come into his house with just the sari she is wearing😲. Meenu's dad says he doesn't understand. Saro explains saying after he marries Meenakshi and she enters his house, every last bit of jewellery she wears should be bought for her by him (ada paavi, intha vishayatha muthalaiyai Meens kitta solla vendiyathu thanaa?😡).

Scene 2: Saro says that even the smallest cost related to the marriage should be paid by him😳. Meenu's dad is shocked but in a good way. Saro says that he doesn't like the traditions which burden the girl's side of the family during marriage👏. Saro says, as a groom, as a man, it should be my responsibility👏. From Meenu's 'pottu' to her 'seruppu', she should wear things that I got for her myself. Saro says that this is what marks a good man and men should do this with a sense of pride. Meenu's dad says that while he is proud of Saro, he too has dreams and wishes about conducting Meenu's marriage as well. Saro convinces him not to worry and says that he [Saro] is not doing it for fame, but rather his heart's satisfaction. Meenu's dad says that he understands, and asks Saro to not speak as though they were strangers. He further states that while Saro is doing it for his wife, he is doing this for his daughter (🤗aww!!!). He says that both their intent is the same. Saro says fine, for the marriage, do whatever you like. Yet, any of Meenakshi's expenses should be covered by me. Saro says he will pay any amount of gold that Meenu wears. Saro further states that only if he does this, he has the right to hold Meenu's hand and walk beside her😃.

But Saro tells Meenu's dad not to reveal this to his family, especially to his mom. He says that his mom will create a huge problem if she knew😛. He also tells Meenu's dad to not tell his family as well, seeing that they might think that "a Madras guy was trying to show off"😛. He asks Meenu's dad to keep this information between them two. Meenu dad smiles and hugs🤗 Saravanan, while telling him how proud he is of his future son-in-law (flashback ends). Camera zooms back out into Meenakshi, who has tears in her eyes.

Meenu's dad asks Meenu, if understands now at least why he supported Saro. Meens asks her dad if Saro really did say that (still doubt-aa?). Meenu's dad says yes; not only about the 50 pounds of gold, but also about the 100 pounds as well😲. Saro said that he would pay for all of it (HOW?). Meenu's dad says we will never find another groom like him. He also says that while everyone in their family is worrying about how to pay for the gold, he is worrying about how Saravanan will pay for the gold...especially without his [Saro's] family's knowledge and the current price of gold. Meenu's dad chides Meens for picking a fight Saro. Meenu's sadly says she did not know about this😭. Her dad says, "How could you do this...after all you knew what happened at Laxsmi's wedding. If he didn't even let anyone know about that, why would he let anyone know about this?" Meens cries saying that, without knowing this truth, she yelled at Saro a lot. Meenu's dad says he understands, and that in order to make Saro tell her [Meens] to come ask him the truth, Saro's feeling must have been hurt.

Her dad also says that he had no other option but to tell her the truth and that's why he revealed it to her. He further tells Meens to fight or worry about anything she wants, but never to suspect Saro. He also says that any man with self respect looks like Saro. Meenakshi asks, "What can I do now?" Her dad smiles, saying that "between you two...getting into fights and getting back together is not a new concept, is it?🤣" He tells her to go see and talk to Saro and ask a "sorry". He emphasizes that saying "thanks" and "sorry" should never put off, but rather done immediately. Meenu agrees and rushes to catch up with Saro. Her dad advises her to call and apologize on the phone first, then apologize in person. Meens agrees and immediately dials Saro's number. Saro refuses to pick up. Meenu's dad encourages her to try again. Second time Meenu gets the same results. Meenu's dad smiles, while saying that it seems as though Saro is mad at you. Noticing that Meenu looks sad and worried, he tells her that once Saravanan looks at her face once, all his anger will vanish😳. Meenu nods okay, and leaves to find Saro.

Scene 3: Saro and family (except for his sister) standing on the side of the road. Saro asks "Where is the driver?" Saro's dad says that their driver went to get diesel, saying that it would take him 5 minutes. Saro says an hour has passed already. Saro's dad guesses that the driver might have drove to Saudi Arabia to get diesel😆. Saro's mom gets annoyed, saying "intha naakaaliku onnum korrachal illia" and states that they could have all just stayed in the lodge instead standing in the middle of the street. Saro's dad tells her to stay calm and that the driver will come back. Suddenly a vehicle comes into view, and Saro's dad says, "See...I was right". Saro says he is unsure whether the vehicle is their vehicle. Out comes Meenakshi; Saro's dad is the only one happy to see her.

Meenu looks apologetic, Saro just looks away😔. Both start talking through their eyes again. Saro's dad welcomes Meens and asks her why she came out all the way here. Meenakshi replies saying that she had a headache and slept, and that is why she couldn't send them off properly. Hence she came to say goodbye. Saro's dad makes fun of her saying, that for a simple "taa-taa" she came all the way down and that a phone call would be suffice😆. Meenu say, "No maama, I made a mistake. Calling on the phone wouldn't be nice, that's why I came down in person." Saro looking away, but Saro's dad says this is not a big issue and it is quite alright. Meenu says still, it was not proper procedure...before Saro's mom cuts in. She tells Meenu and Saro's dad to stop their drama. She tells them both to stop "mathi mathi" saying "sorry" and "its alright", otherwise by the time they are done, a new day will break😆. She tells Meens that since she came and apologized, she can leave now.

Saro's dad asks his wife why she is chasing Meenu away, seeing as Meenu is "paavam", seeing as she came all this way to see them. Saro's mom says that "she [Meens] didn't come to see us, but rather"...and points to Saro (absolutely correct 😃). Saro's dad understands and quickly invites his wife to come with him to eat a "Naanari Sherbet". Saro's mom asks what that is and Saro's dad answers that is a drink. Saro's mom sighs and says fine, let's go get it😆. Saro asks his mom where she is going, and she replies that I'm following your dad to get a "Naanari Sherbet". Saro says that is unnecessary and to stay right where she was. Meenu gis starting to get even sadder. Saro's dad whispers advice to Saro, telling him to talk to Meens alone for awhile. Saro's says they have nothing to talk about. Saro's dad immediately perks up, and asks if there is a problem. Saro just tells his father to be patient. So, Saro's dad asks for the last time, whether him [Saro] and Meens are going to talk together alone. Saro says no. So Saro's dad grabs his wife and say, "If that's the case, then I'm going to talk to my wife alone" and walks out of there with Saro's mom in tow🤣. Saro and Meens shocked🤣.

Meens tries to talk to Saro, but he pretends to talk on his phone. He pretends to talk to his friend and advises him about trust and how without it there is nothing. Saro also says that a relationship is like glass plate, that it is up to each individual to guard it carefully. If one breaks it, there is no use feeling about it after the fact. Meens is sad 😔, and Saro hangs up the phone. She tries again to speak to Saro 😲, but Saro just call up some other girl (maybe his sister?). He asks her [unknown girl] where she is [Thirunalveli]. He asks her whether her job is done, tells her that he'll be there in 10 minutes and that they will pick her up at the railway station. Now, Meenu is pleading with Saro...for him to listen for just one minute and hear what she has to say😭. Saro in no mood to listen to her, and calls up someone else. Meenu knocks the phone out of Saro's hand👏, but Saro simply gives her one look before reaching down to pick up his phone. He looks Meenu in the face and then...still talks on his phone (double ). He talks to the ticket giver and confirms his railway ticket. Once again Meens asks him if he won't talk to her😭.

Saro just ignores her. Meenu asks him if he [Saro] is avoiding her. Saro simply gives her a look. Meenakshi admits that she made a mistake and asks Saro to forgive her😭. Just when she finishes saying that, Saro's driver comes back (why man? you could have taken another 1 hour ). Saro angrily asks him where he went. The driver says sorry and says that there were no petrol bunks nearby. Meens tries again, more desperately now to talk to Saro. She asks him to listen to her for just one minute. Saro calls for his dad, saying that their ride arrived. He also tells his father to have the rest of his conversation with his wife at Madras🤣. Meenu still tries to talk to Saro, while he is busy picking up and packing his family's bags. Meenu just repeats 'Saravana' (really pitiful to watch), until her Saro's dad and mom come back. Saro's dad asks whether she finished talking about whatever she needed to talk to Saro about in the 2 minutes. Meenu says yes, but her heart is not in it😭. Saro's dad says okay then, goodbye. Meenu again says okay. All the while, Saro's family get into the car and are driving away. Meenu only looks at Saro but he doesn't look at her (How could he? He was wearing his glasses again...😆). Meenu just stands sadly and mutely watches the car drive away. Sad background music plays on, and a single tear rolls down Meenu's cheek😭.

Scene freezes with Meenu looking off in the direction Saro left 😕.  

Edited by autumnsconcerto - 12 years ago
sneha_v thumbnail