Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 12 years ago

Jay Soni's younger brother to be seen in Na Bole Tum Na Maine...

Jay Soni's younger brother to be seen in Na Bole Tum Na Maine...

If watching his brother perform has been a true pleasure, it's now Nirav Soni who prepares to sizzle the small screen.

Not many know that Jay Soni, popularly known  as Ishaan of Star PlusSasural Genda Phool, has a younger brother who is an aspiring actor. It's now been heard that Nirav Soni will play an important character in Sunshine Production's next on ColorsNa Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha.

We contacted Nirav who confirms,"Yes I will be playing the character of Tanu Vyas, Rinku Karmarkar's son. A very spoilt brat, highly influenced by gadgets and bike.He loves to show off. The character has different shades to play. Sometimes you will feel that I'm very irresponsible but in the next situation I may come across as a mature person. I love playing the character."

On asked whether he had taken any tips from Jay he confirms," Yes I always took tips from Jay. He is very supportive. When I was offered the show I consulted him. He insisted that I should take it up because it was indeed an interesting character."

Nirav Soni has been acting since the last 5 years. To his name, he has shows like Disney's Dhoom Machao Dhoom and Jersy No.10, after which he took a break to complete his graduation.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar

Colors new show 'Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha'

Colors channel plans to cross the threshold of New Year by adorning the fiction genre with its new show that adds a slice of life 'Na Bole Tum NaMaine Kuch Kaha'.

The lead cast of the show is Megha Vyas played by Aakanksha Singh, Kunal Karan Kapoor who plays Mohan Bhatnagar along with child actors Addu, played by Ashnoor Kaur and Nanhi enacted by Navika Vyas.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-12-30/tv/30572276_1_new-show-child-actors-colors

itsnabzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Navina Bole in Colors' Na Bole Tum Na Meine Kuch Kahan

Navina gets set to play gangster girlfriend in Colors Na Bole Tum Na Meine Kuch Kahan...

Navina Bole, popular known as Dia of Miley Jab Hum Tum will be seen in an important cameo in Sunshine Productions' Na Bole Tum Na Meine Kuch Kahan.

According to our source,"Navina will play an important character. The show will start from her wherein she will play the girlfriend of a gangster who is being chased by the main lead Mohan (Kunal Karan Kapoor)."

We contacted Navina who confirmed the news, "Yes, it's an important cameo that  I will be essaying on the show. The character name is Koyal. She's a very glamorous girlfriend of a gangster. But why is she being chased, is something you'll have to watch the show for."

Apart from Kunal Karan Kapoor who is playing the main lead, veteran actor Anjan Srivastava will also play an important role in the show.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar

Direct link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/10968-navina-bole-in-colors-na-bole-tum-na-meine-kuch-kahan.htm
PavaniShiny thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Neelu Kohli

The promos of Sunshine Productions' new show Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha on Colors look quite impressive and it is expected that it will manage to strike the right chords with the masses. The soap has Kunal Karan Kapoor in the lead, and now the latest news is that Neelu Kohli has also been signed by the makers.

Neelu, who is currently seen in Sahara One's Piya Ka Ghar, will play the important role of Mohan's (Kunal Karan Kapoor) caring and loving mother. She will pamper Mohan a lot. However, her entry will be shown a little later in the show.

"It is a very a nice character. I hope people like me in the show but I am really excited about it," confirms Neelu to  .com.

And this is not the only reason why the gracious lady should rejoice. Apart from Na Bole Tum… she will also be seen in director Sajid Khan's upcoming laugh riot Housefull 2. She will play Jacqueline Fernandez's mother and pair opposite Randhir Kapoor. Furthermore, she will also share screen space with Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Chakravarty, Akshay Kumar, and others.

And Neelu is all kicked about it. "I consider myself very lucky to have got a chance to work with some stalwarts of the Bollywood industry. It's a very good character and I have already shot for it."

Hmm…it seems Neelu's career graph is going super high these days. Great work lady, kudos!!!

PavaniShiny thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Kunal Karan Kapoor

Kunal Karan Kapoor is back with a bang on television, after a year, with Colors' Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha. He is playing the lead Mohan in this show produced by Sunshine Productions. Now, one year is a long time, so what was he busy doing in the leisurely hours?

"I used to sleep, read, and watch TV all day. I also traveled a lot. I went to Thailand all alone on 15-day trip. It's not that I only had fun. After the tour, I joined my friend who has just opened a company in association with Nikhil Chinappa and helped him cut videos," informs Kunal.

Furthermore, other than having fun and helping out friends, Kunal chose to stay away from the small screen as he was bored of getting offers for the same kind of roles. Finally, his eyes glistened when he was offered the role of Mohan. "Mohan is a crime reporter, however, he is carefree and gets messy at times."

Now, here's a fun fact. Kunal auditioned for a similar kind of role with Sunshine Productions a year back but then he did not fit the bill. But with Na Bole…he got lucky. Moving on, staying away from the screen can affect an actor's chance to grab a role as his "visibility" factor diminishes. But Kunal was not worried about it. Say he, "It did not really scare me and I would say fate has been kind on me or else, I don't think I would have bagged a lead."

Kunal has been in the industry for more than seven years now and has played his part in shows like Left Right Left, Remix, Pratigya and Pratha. However, it's only now when he got signed to play the lead. It seems that he had to traverse the "struggle path" to taste success.

"My struggle started way early when I was just 13. I remember after school I would stand in front of the RK Studios. The watchman would ask me what I am exactly trying to do. I would revert that one day I would become an actor. Then he would open the gates and let me enter," narrates Kunal.

Inspiring story, buddy. Finally, before signing off he says that compared to him, his co-star debutant Aakanksha Singh (Suhita) is more confident than him.

Well, we don't know who is more confident out of the two leads, but we hope their chemistry rocks and people shower them with love and appreciation!!!

SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

TV review: 'Na Bole Tum'… is a worthy match for 'Bigg Boss 5'

By Asha Mahadevan

The drama has an engaging plot that will keep you glued to your screens five times a week

Colors' new show Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha came with a heavy burden – it was airing at the time slot vacated by Bigg Boss 5 and had to bring the viewers who had got hooked to the reality show back to the channel. A relatively new cast with a widow as its lead protagonist is not something that assures TRPs, but Colors took the risk and from what we've seen so far it just might pay off. Here's our take on it.

The plot:  Mrs Megha Vyas is a young widow with two children who lives with her in-laws in Indore. She is quiet, respectful to her elders and a good mother even though she has almost no money. She is taunted by temple priests and by total strangers who believe that her dead husband Aman was a corrupt engineer who allowed a bridge to collapse causing 25 people to die two years ago. She meets Mohan Bhatnagar who she thinks is a thug, but is actually a crime reporter. Both of them are fighting to prove Aman's innocence, but are unaware of the other's involvement.

Why watch it: We've watched all the three episodes aired so far, but the very first one was enough to hook us on to this new show. Theatre actor Aakanksha Singh debuts on television as the deglam mother-of-two Mrs Vyas, and brings a poignancy to her character that is lacking in victimised heroines on other shows. The dialogues are apt and the experienced supporting cast lends an air of credibility to the proceedings. Nirav Soni as Megha's nephew Tanmay definitely has potential and in a couple of years can pose serious competition to his elder brother Jay Soni of Sasuraal Genda Phool fame.

What's putting off: Kunal Karan Kapoor as Mohan fails to impress. Maybe he'll improve in the coming episodes, but till now, he has not struck a chord. We also didn't quite understand how Megha, an otherwise doting mother, agreed to take her daughter's pocket money to buy her son a birthday gift – a cricket bat, which incidentally, costs Rs. 700 on the streets of Indore. It doesn't cost that much on the streets of Mumbai!

Verdict: NBTNMKK has everything – interesting protagonists, an engaging storyline and a treatment that is different from other soaps. It admirably fills the slot left vacant by Bigg Boss 5and is definitely something you will miss on weekends.

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha airs weekdays at 10.30pm on Colors

SunShine_A thumbnail

Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha: In Pursuit of a Mother's Happiness!

Today I want to talk about the new show on Colors "Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha." 

This is the story of Megha Vyas, a widow, and her two kids Addu and Nanhi. Megha was happily married to Amar, an engineer by profession till a fatal accident struck down her world of happiness.

Amar worked at a construction site and was assigned the task of building a bridge. However, without his knowledge, the builder used low quality cement which resulted in the collapsing of the bridge. Amar not only lost his life but is also blamed for the entire mishap. Though the world around, considers Amar to be guilty and responsible for the death of innocent people, his wife Megha and his father decided to file a court case against the builder, to prove Amar's innocence.  

While Addu is too young to realize and understand the void that dwells in his mother's life, Nanhi feels it every moment.

When tragedy strikes us, more than often we are so immersed in our own grief that we fail to realize that our actions, reactions, and words affect others around us, especially our children. We at times fail to comprehend that they observe us minutely and can sense every emotion and pain we go through. The only hindrance is that they can't express themselves like adults. They can neither act diplomatically nor practice hypocrisy. They see, understand and interpret everything in either black or white.

The life of the parent and the child revolves around one another. Just as a child's happiness is of utmost importance to a parent, the same holds true for a child too, though they may not be able to demonstrate it in a manner similar to that of an adult. Hence, anything that troubles or gives pain to a parent becomes a prime cause for concern for the child, making them want to solve the same. After all, they want to replicate what they have been taught by that very parent!

A parent plays various roles in a child's life such as that of a friend, a guide, a mentor, and a teacher! However at times, in the process, we as adults seldom notice the efforts or attempts made by children in pursuit of a parent's happiness and take them for granted.

In this show, Na Bole Tum…one can see Nanhi's helplessness, as she observes her mother fight the big bad world in trying to make ends meet after her father's demise. She wishes that someone as strong and loving as her father could stand by her mom and save her from all the humiliation.

An idea strikes her little mind as she watches a show on television and witnesses widow re-marriage. Nanhi finally discovers a way to put an end to her mother's miseries. With a clean heart and purest of intentions, she decides to put an advertisement in the paper to find a suitable groom for her single mother. However, she is disappointed and heartbroken on learning they have refused to honor her request and publish it since she is a minor. 

Luckily, to her surprise, Mohan Bhatnagar, the Good Samaritan comes to her rescue and gets her work done. For Nanhi, Mohan is the Man who understands her mother's pain despite being a stranger and hence takes an instant liking towards him.

The little angel goes to sleep feeling happy and content that her efforts would soon bring back the lost smile on her Mother's face. But least does Nanhi know then that she is unintentionally inviting trouble for her mother. With the release of the ad all hell breaks loose in the family. While everyone in the household is utterly shocked, Megha gets to know the truth and decides to take Nanhi to task. 

As much as we understand Megha's anger, can we really blame Nanhi for her actions? Is it wrong if a child wants to see her mother happy and act towards it? Do share your views and let us know what you think Megha should do?

To see how the story unfolds, tune in to Colors, Monday to Friday at 10:30 pm, to see the novel love story of Mrs. Vyas and Mohan in "Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha."

Swati Ghosh
Rangmunch.TV
Posted by Rangmunch

SunShine_A thumbnail

From student to a 'mummy'

• January 14, 2012 
  • By A.L. Chougule
From student to a 'mummy'

She is a 21-year-old student of physiotherapy, at medical college. She was a top ranker at her college and stood third in the health sciences course at Rajasthan University.

One would expect this brilliant student to concentrate on studies. Instead, Akansha Singh is concentrating on playing lead in her debut serial Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, in which she plays a 32-year-old widow and devoted mother of two.

Playing a mother may not be the perfect debut for a 21-year-old, but Akansha thinks otherwise. "It doesn't really matter. On the contrary, it's a challenge. It's a little funny to be called 'mummy' but now I am used to it," she defends.

She admits that it's an unusual love story between two opposites. "Megha needs someone to cheer her up in life and he needs stability," she says tongue-in-cheek.

So, has she quit her medical studies? "Not really. I am carrying my books with me," she says. How did she land the role? "I have done 10 full-length plays. I met the producer in Jaipur and he signed me for a show in January last year. But that didn't materialise. He approached me again for Na Bole Tum…," she explains.

She has kept her career options open. "I will continue to act in serials as long as I get good roles. Otherwise, I will practise physiotherapy. Ideally, I am looking at doing both simultaneously. Let's see how it works out," she smiles.

SunShine_A thumbnail
Love is on air

Soap producers experimenting with rom-com genre

The rom-com as a genre was never really tapped on the Indian small screen till now.

The desi television scene, dominated by the saas-bahu formula for long before reality TV took over, is seeing a surge of soaps that cash in on romance with a comic twist to offer freshness to jaded plots and in an attempt to boost ratings.

A slew of light-hearted shows across channels such as Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Dekha Ek Khwab, Chintu Aur Chinky Ki Badi Si Love Story, Tum Dena Saath Mera, Bade Achche Lagte Hain and Kuch Toh Log Kahenge are an indication that producers have hit upon the new TRP trick that, it seems, is here to stay for a while.

The romantic comedy was never really high on the priority list of channels that retorted to K-soap patented melodrama.

Going by the increasing numbers of rom-coms, it now looks like the couch potato might get a break from routine formulae.

The first thing that separates these new shows from whatever ruled fiction television ever since the satellite revolution happened is the polished look they set out to present.

This is far removed from the jarring sets, garish costumes and loud make-up of protagonists that marked the saas-bahu soaps.

The backdrop of most rom-coms currently on air is the middle-class household and subtlety marks the narration.

Incidentally, most of these shows borrow the basic idea from films, books or foreign soaps.

What needs to be noted is whether these serials will maintain their unique flavour or ultimately resort to saas-bahu basics.

After all, issue-based serials such as Na Aana Iss Desh Laado, Balika Vadhu, Uttaran and Agale Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Keejo set out to address socially-relevant subjects in the recent past before becoming K-soap clones.

http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/exclusives/it/it_photoviewer.aspx?cp-documentid=5753778#image=1 Edited by SunShine_A - 12 years ago