* \|/ Games of the Yuga: SOC \|/ * - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Just extend your reasoning slightly further and you will get it. Also partly I have given the hint myself in my reply to your answer. As I said in my earlier post, you will get the next turn anyhow unless I get someone thinking exactly alike with me as per the rules. This question has already been cracked by you but I will give some time to others to give the originally expected answer (like we used to do in Character game thread despite the first answer matching all the three clues).
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
Shivang- My last and final try-

Is the answer Shiva? 
Reasoning- Others worshipped / paid homage to  Ram, while Ram worshipped Shiva? 
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

Find the odd one out:😉

Vibhishan, Jambuvan, Sugreev, Dwivid, Shri Hanumanji, Lord Mahadev, Sage Narad, Sage Durvasa, Sage Warrior Lord Parshuram, Lord Indra, Lord Vishwakarma.

Th' I am not sure about the exact answer till now  😔  but just  trying to link them with Shri Ram and Shri Krishna. Whether these characters are related to Shri Ram, (as Varaali has mentioned), or related to Shri Krishna. Or related to 'BOTH' of them... As the story of Ramayan is present there in Mahabharat, so we can very well say that the whole story of Ramayan is very much there 'in' Mahabharat. But whether 'Sugreev or Vibhishan ACTUALLY met Shri Krishna or not' - I am not sure about that.  😕 
Varaali

You were much closer in your earlier answer itself. Parshuram did pay homage to Ram but he was worshipper of Shiva. Lord Indra, Sage Durvasa and Lord Vishwakarma may be a mixed bag without any clear one form of God devoted to.

Debipriya

Oh!!!!!!!! You are extremely extremely close to my answer!!!!!!!!!!! Now just follow your instincts and give an answer. Others can also give the answer following your hints. I will declare soon.
Ok, my last attempt 😊 - I think the answer is 'Sugreev'. 

All the other characters have 'interacted' with Krishna, either they have met Him or we can at least 'relate' them/ their stories in any way with Krishna, except Sugreev. There is even a reference about Vibhishan accepting the invitation to attend the Raajsuya yagna of Yudhishthira in MB, but I don't know about any interaction between Krishna and Sugreev.  
Yes. Perfect. Sugreev.👏👏 Bang on target. That was my answer and with the same reasoning. We can say that all the characters were there common in both Treta and Dwapar stories (whether met or did not meet Ram/Krishna) - they had some role to play in both eras as per reference in Ramayan and MB along with other sources of Krishna. And I haven't taken into consideration Van Parva Ramayan story in Mahabharat but actual Dwapar story in Mahabharat, Vishnu Puran, Harivansh, Bhagwat, etc.

Your turn. Or Varaali can post the next question if you don't.

Vibhishan - Ram's friend in Ramayan and sent gifts to Yudhishthir in Rajsuya yagna (A passing reference in Mahabharat). Since he was Chiranjeevi and was from South and also is mentioned as Rakshas in that part of MB, we have to presume that he must be same Vibhishan.

Jambuvan - Ram's follower and Krishna's father in law

Dwivid - Ram's army soldier and Krishna's enemy in Paundrak's team

Hanumanji - Ram's devotee and met various Dwapar characters in story of Krishna (and even Krishna)

Mahadev - Rameshwaram exchange of devotion and boons/weapons given to Ravan and darshan or boons given to Kalyavan's sage father, Arjun and Jayadrath and Krishna's worship of Mahadev, Banasur battle

Narad - Curse of Ram-Sita separation and various passing visits in both the epics meeting different characters

Durvasa - Lakshman's banishing and Kunti's boon and Pandava's exile

Parshuram - Sita swayamvar and teachings to Bhishma, Drona, Karna

Indra - Flashback tales of king Sagar, Ahalya, Agatsya & childhood of Indrajeet, Story of Sharbhang, Chariot given to Ramji and Govardhanleela, Divyastras to Arjun, Shaktiastra to Karna

Vishwakarma - Golden Lanka, Dwarka, Indraprastha.

Where as

Sugreev - When Ram went back to his abode, Sugreev accompanied him along with many others like Sumantra and regained his original form.

Originally I had written Maind instead of Sugreev but strangely I found one google reference that Balram killed both Maind and Dwivid and hence had to modify the question. I had sage Vashisth (Kulguru of Ayodhya and Curse story of Ganga and Vasus in the story of Shantanu of Adi parva) and sage Bhardwaj (Ayodhya kand Prayag saint and Drona's father) in mind too. The names were same but I was not sure whether they were the same or not (And evidence was not as strong as that in Vibhishan and Dwivid) so I skipped them. And all of Varaali's points were also spot on wrt connection with Ram along with Vishwakarma's indirect association I hinted.
😊

I would request Varaali to post the new qs. 😊  Can't think of anything right now... 

Moreover I am yet to complete the reading of the first post about all the 'Rules'. Just went thr' the clues and decided to try this one 😃.  

Will come up with a new qs in future if something comes to my mind. But for now, Varaali can continue.
Ok- We have had Connect the characters, and Odd one out.

So here is String the Sequence

Vasishtha,_____________, Parashara, Vyasa, Shukhadev.

Easy and Straight forward !!!!!!
Sage Shakti Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
Very Good Shivang, 

Your turn...