Posted: 12 years ago
Fivr & Madhu i waited to see if either of you will post about the second epi, but just watched it myself and too excited about the show to wait for yall. 😆 The reason is actually that I haven't watched a show recently that gives me any reason to discuss anything. Haven't really posted on IF on a serious topic in a while. But finally here comes a show i would like to talk about. 😊

Megha and Mohan's nok jhok at mandir was expected. But Jiji bua's "Toh kya mein mar gayi thi" took the cake in that scn. lol. My mom was like "now there is a woman i can relate to..,ever ready to take on badmaashes on the street" lol.
Nanhi is conflicted between what she hears about her father what her mother has told her about him and what she can remember about him. The conflict came out in the form of the fight in school...and it was very much expected from a kid her age who idolizes her father. The sketch of Nanhi's personality is very well thought out... she is mature for her age but she is thankfully not behaving like an adult. Kids should be kids for as long as they can be. 

The reaction to the TV show on widow marriage was interesting. I don't think the family members were particularly appalled by what they saw or heard...bua was happy that the widow got married, Renu bhabhi and MIL didn't seem to care much. But i believe none of them thought of Megha at that moment. IT was just entertainment. The thought of Megha didn't even cross their minds. The only one thinking of Megha was Nanhi (Navika, good to know her name) and her thought process was obvious. Maybe if Dadaji was present in the room at the time he might have had a few thought about it. 

Megha's encounter with her collage mate was well done. Even though it was a way of telling the audience what happened to Amar, it was still well done, giving a background on Megha too. She is educated, smart and capable of earning but doesn't work because of her family's reservations. Hinting that in the future she may end up working because the way her kids are compromising for their basic needs is pathetic and a woman like Megha will not tolerate it for too long. If she is capable of providing for her children's needs then no tradition will hold her back from giving her kids what they deserve. And also got a glimpse to Megha's determination in fighting the odds. Megha's friend was a welcome relief too from the other shows where in such a situation you'll meet a friend who is either too sympathetic (read useless) or will use the opportunity to criticize. This one was quick to understand Megha's situation and not only appreciate her and encourage her but to offer the right kind of help that in the future Megha will use, i am sure. 

As for my favorite part of the episode, 😃 GURU. I think I have found my favorite character in the show. I loved the Guru-Mohan relationship. lol. I am Mallu and recently watched a movie called Salt & Pepper. If any mallu's out there you'll know what i am talking about. Guru reminds me of the chef in that movie. That character became the highlight of the movie. Guru behaves like he is Mohan's better half. lol. and Mohan appeases him saying that Guru gets the last word on everything. Mohan is very much a typical bachelor, in the way he talks, walks, behaves. 

It was a pleasure to see Megha take Mohan's hand and both being shocked while still holding each other's hand. haha. A sign that their support comes from the most unexpected place. Megha's misunderstandings on Mohan are growing by each encounter. Wonder how she will react when she finds out that he is her neighbor now. 

Waiting eagerly for the next epi. 

Wow!!! The way u presented the whole discription was really very beautiful!!! And really this is a show worth watch!!! Even m lot impressed bu guru a sort of light feeling character!!! And that hand holding scene was so so so awsm!!! I mean i loved it!!
Welcome back JC...🤗
i'm glad that u finally found a show worth-while to talk about..!
Awesome analysis of the 2nd episode by u.. JC dear..👏
i agree with all ur points..!

Lol. Sorry yaar.. I was planning on writing something but I was waiting to hear back from Madhu and before I knew it, it was 2a.m. and I had to scavenger for the remaining 3 hours of sleep before I had to get back up.. (*gag*).. But I absolutely understand what you mean by being too excited to hold back!! Lol! That was me right when I posted in Madhu's thread.. Either way, I'm glad you posted because we can all just discuss here.. I can make the post some other day when either of you guys aren't free.. No masla! 😊

So on to the episode.. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the argument between Megha and Mohan.. There were no dramatic pauses, no sliding camera angles and (thank God!) no "zoom-zoom-zoom" shots. The way it was shot gave it a realistic appeal and of course the actors played well off of each other.. Over all I was entertained. But I have to say, bua ji's "toh main kya mar gayi thie" seemed more like a "why follow them when I'm still around" than a "I'm still here to take on a hooligan" to me.. Lol! Of course she did emphasize that it was the latter, eventually.. But to me it still seems k actually mein toh bua ji apna chance hi mar rahi thien! Lol!! 😆😆

Oh man, I laughed SO hard at the widow-marriage-on-TV scene.. 😆 The dramatic dialogues, the sweeping camera angles and (my personal favorite) three-zoomed-in-shots of the mang-bharo scene had me in splits.. It was such a spoof of the dramatization of shows that was made popular in the last decade. And to contrast that with the show that we were ACTUALLY watching ' I have to admit it just emphasized how (at least for now) the show is presented in a unique manner. And I have to agree with you on the fact that I don't think anyone per say was even thinking about Megha at the time they were watching that scene. That was purely entertainment for them ' and bua jee was clearly flagship-ing the couple in the show.. Lol. Of course if and when this topic ever does come up for Megha, then I seem to feel (based on this two day old show.. I feel that no one would be opposed to the idea but the mother-in-law and the sister-in-law may just be resistant to it initially. 🤔

Loved Navita's (Thank God for a better name! Nanhi seemed to nickname-y like ' which it turns out was the case to begin with.. Lol!) fight! I like how her character is being handled ' she wants to see her mom happy so she tries to take care of her and support her as best she can but even then she clearly is still a child so you get these little glimpses into her immaturity (like asking for stuff when someone older would clearly restrain and feel conscious or defensively fighting with kids bad mouthing her father) every so often. Which is good because kids should BE kids! But I do feel sad for her at times ' she should not be having to take care of her mother or worry about the character of her father at the age she is.. She should be allowed to believe that her father is a super hero and that her mother is the prettiest/happiest person she's ever met. She should not be having to worry about her mother's future or her father's past at this age.. *sigh* It breaks my heart sometimes.

And a one liner for Adhu.. I love this kid! 😆 Lol!! Sleeping with his bat.. Reminds of when my sister got her SpongeBob toy ' that thing still gets a spot on the pillow.. 

I liked the meeting-with-my-college-friend scene too.. It wasn't forced or over dramatic. And I really liked how they used that scene to reveal key points about the show ' like Megha's character/personality and the back story behind her husband's death. Plus, they also hinted at the fact that Megha WILL eventually take up a job (probably at the friend's place).. And the icing on the cake ' the friend wasn't obnoxiously annoying!! So I am happy with that scene!

Lol! You loved Guru jee too?! Lol! Join the club! 😍😆😆 He was clearly the highlight of the show for me! I re-watched that scene like three times before I moved on and every time I laughed a little harder. This guy and his "mummy jee" threats just had me in splits. I cannot wait to see more of him and Mohan (or him and anyone else for that matter..).. I think Kala k baad he's the next one that has made my favorites list as quick as he did.. Lol! 😆

The Mohan-Megha fight scene at the end was entertaining too, with Mohan's "aunty" comment clearly taking the cake there.. 😆😆  Lol! And now with Mohan living in the same mauhalla as Megha, I'm sure we'll have an abundance of such interactions. *excited muh* I have to admit that this show has managed to have a pretty decent cast so far and no one as of yet has been over-acting or being too unrealistically dramatic. Plus Mohan and Megha are good actors it seems because they play very well off of each other and everyone else in any scene. And of course if we are talking about good actors, a special mention HAS to go out for Guru jee. But that being said, I really think everyone has been a treat to watch these past episodes. They may have gotten their casting right with this show. *pleasantly surprised muh*

I guess expectations are rising and apprehensions are fading with each passing episode ' but even so, I will remain steadfast on my "one day at a time" rule. 🤔😆

Edited by -Fivr- - 12 years ago
The Widow-remarriage serial sequence was really such a spoof. The channel name of that serial was even more funny - "Udaas TV"

@pooja and Sweta: Thanks for the replies. I am so happy finally found a show that makes me want to be active on IF again. I was missing IF so much. 

Originally posted by -Fivr-

Lol. Sorry yaar.. I was planning on writing something but I was waiting to hear back from Madhu and before I knew it, it was 2a.m. and I had to scavenger for the remaining 3 hours of sleep before I had to get back up.. (*gag*).. But I absolutely understand what you mean by being too excited to hold back!! Lol! That was me right when I posted in Madhu's thread.. Either way, I'm glad you posted because we can all just discuss here.. I can make the post some other day when either of you guys aren't free.. No masla! 😊

@Fivr: yaar plz post something when you want to.. you know i loved reading your post in LTL. But i get whey u are the skeptic... tv shows rarely if ever have continuously maintained the initial standards. 

So on to the episode.. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the argument between Megha and Mohan.. There were no dramatic pauses, no sliding camera angles and (thank God!) no "zoom-zoom-zoom" shots. The way it was shot gave it a realistic appeal and of course the actors played well off of each other.. Over all I was entertained. But I have to say, bua ji's "toh main kya mar gayi thie" seemed more like a "why follow them when I'm still around" than a "I'm still here to take on a hooligan" to me.. Lol! Of course she did emphasize that it was the latter, eventually.. But to me it still seems k actually mein toh bua ji apna chance hi mar rahi thien! Lol!! 😆😆

I agree.. the dialog was meant to sound like that. I was talking about relating to Megha tho.. she is not taking on the role of damsel in distress. She is not static in her life...her life hasn't stopped with the death of her husband. Ussne duniya se rishta nahi tod diya. She is trying to move on, even though she still tries to share her cup of tea with her husband's picture. I love that spirit.

Oh man, I laughed SO hard at the widow-marriage-on-TV scene.. 😆 The dramatic dialogues, the sweeping camera angles and (my personal favorite) three-zoomed-in-shots of the mang-bharo scene had me in splits.. It was such a spoof of the dramatization of shows that was made popular in the last decade. And to contrast that with the show that we were ACTUALLY watching ' I have to admit it just emphasized how (at least for now) the show is presented in a unique manner. And I have to agree with you on the fact that I don't think anyone per say was even thinking about Megha at the time they were watching that scene. That was purely entertainment for them ' and bua jee was clearly flagship-ing the couple in the show.. Lol. Of course if and when this topic ever does come up for Megha, then I seem to feel (based on this two day old show.. I feel that no one would be opposed to the idea but the mother-in-law and the sister-in-law may just be resistant to it initially. 🤔

I was trying to remember which Etka serial it was when i saw the three repeated camera zooms. But honestly i think in this decade the multiple camera zoom has been replaced by showing the shocked faces of every single family member present including servants. And u r right, for now it was a contract from what we are actually watching in this show. 

Loved Navita's (Thank God for a better name! Nanhi seemed to nickname-y like ' which it turns out was the case to begin with.. Lol!) fight! I like how her character is being handled ' she wants to see her mom happy so she tries to take care of her and support her as best she can but even then she clearly is still a child so you get these little glimpses into her immaturity (like asking for stuff when someone older would clearly restrain and feel conscious or defensively fighting with kids bad mouthing her father) every so often. Which is good because kids should BE kids! But I do feel sad for her at times ' she should not be having to take care of her mother or worry about the character of her father at the age she is.. She should be allowed to believe that her father is a super hero and that her mother is the prettiest/happiest person she's ever met. She should not be having to worry about her mother's future or her father's past at this age.. *sigh* It breaks my heart sometimes.

And a one liner for Adhu.. I love this kid! 😆 Can you tell from my siggie. :) Lol!! Sleeping with his bat.. Reminds of when my sister got her SpongeBob toy ' that thing still gets a spot on the pillow.. 

I liked the meeting-with-my-college-friend scene too.. It wasn't forced or over dramatic. And I really liked how they used that scene to reveal key points about the show ' like Megha's character/personality and the back story behind her husband's death. Plus, they also hinted at the fact that Megha WILL eventually take up a job (probably at the friend's place).. And the icing on the cake ' the friend wasn't obnoxiously annoying!! So I am happy with that scene! Exactly my thoughts.

Lol! You loved Guru jee too?! Lol! Join the club! 😍😆😆 He was clearly the highlight of the show for me! I re-watched that scene like three times before I moved on and every time I laughed a little harder. This guy and his "mummy jee" threats just had me in splits. I cannot wait to see more of him and Mohan (or him and anyone else for that matter..).. I think Kala k baad he's the next one that has made my favorites list as quick as he did.. Lol! 😆 

The Mohan-Megha fight scene at the end was entertaining too, with Mohan's "aunty" comment clearly taking the cake there.. 😆😆  Lol! And now with Mohan living in the same mauhalla as Megha, I'm sure we'll have an abundance of such interactions. *excited muh* I have to admit that this show has managed to have a pretty decent cast so far and no one as of yet has been over-acting or being too unrealistically dramatic. Plus Mohan and Megha are good actors it seems because they play very well off of each other and everyone else in any scene. And of course if we are talking about good actors, a special mention HAS to go out for Guru jee. But that being said, I really think everyone has been a treat to watch these past episodes. They may have gotten their casting right with this show. *pleasantly surprised muh*

I guess expectations are rising and apprehensions are fading with each passing episode ' but even so, I will remain steadfast on my "one day at a time" rule. 🤔😆 We can't stop being skeptic ever.. been burned too many times. lol.

Originally posted by subhas123

The Widow-remarriage serial sequence was really such a spoof. The channel name of that serial was even more funny - "Udaas TV"

LMAO!!! I saw that too!! Oh man! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Originally posted by subhas123

😆😆
Originally posted by -JC-

I agree.. the dialog was meant to sound like that. I was talking about relating to Megha tho.. she is not taking on the role of damsel in distress. She is not static in her life...her life hasn't stopped with the death of her husband. Ussne duniya se rishta nahi tod diya. She is trying to move on, even though she still tries to share her cup of tea with her husband's picture. I love that spirit.

Oh that I agree with! It's refreshing to watch a character that's working to move on and live life as best she can but at the same time we find her grieving her loss every so often. I've only seen this happen one other time on television and that was handled very well (it was Gulaal, in case you were keeping up with it).. But I am hoping they don't turn her into a melodramatic sati-savitri over time.. I want her to be REAL because real life is grey.. And she is pretty real to me right now.. *hopes we don't see Ekta heroines resurface in Megha over time* 😆 And I'm almost certain that most of her drive to move on with life is because of the fact that she has two kids depending on her. She does not have the luxury to sulk in a corner of her house and curse life.. It would have been ridiculous to see her ignoring her kids and turning into a hermit. I actually would not have respected her AT ALL if that had been the case.. 😆