Regarding opening a thread !!!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago
I have a question to the IF development team - why there is no restriction in opening a thread by a newbie ???
I noticed this from the beginning that anyone just sign in here which is so easy & open a thread on such silly topic...how many times a viewbie or channel moderator come to close the thread ? And after closing still it presents the first page on the forum for few times...and for this the important threads are going far behind...

Sorry but I never see any thread opened by a newbie on any important relevant topic of that forum...

I am extremely sorry if my point is wrong...actually I am totally irritated to see all the irrelevant topics again & again...I have no intention to hurt anyone...sorry once again !!!
Actually to some extent I agree with you. There should be a certain limit on no. of posts that a newbie must attain before they open a thread. As I've too seen many a times that newbies come up, open a thread on irrelevant stuff and then vanish into thin air. Many of them neither visit the forums or go through the happening discussions, leave out the rules and regulations thread. Many a times even after seeing a queries thread available, we'd see newbies opening a thread for asking any random question and then not visiting again.The viewbies do close the thread and warn them to use the relevant thread but none of them really listen. This leads to cluttering of the forums page with many threads being closed unnecessarily. 

If a certain limit is put on them such as a newbie can't open a thread till they reach a certain no. of posts, they atleast would try to go through the forums and it's active discussions, find out how things work there. 

So yes I agree with you Deba. that this thing has to be taken into consideration.
I agree as well Shree. There are a lot of newbies who do that and in fact it seems that a lot of them just register to post these annoying posts and then leave. I feel that opening posts should be left to higher levels.
This is a genuine problem. Some newbies just register and immediately open a line of threads with one-line queries about the serial or some irrelevant stuff and never come back again.

There are also some users opening a new id every week to post links to personal blogs/irrelvant videos.

I think opening new threads should be restricted for newbies. They should first participate in existing discussions for a few days and get a feel of IF. Groupbies and above can be allowed.
Edited by visrom - 12 years ago
When I joined this forum it was the rules and regulations which made me stay silent untill I understand what forum is all about. But after I knew what are the do's and don't there was no stopping. But now some newbies are just opening threads for silly reasons... It is really annoying thing. And not once but many times. I agree that because of this many important topics are going behind.
I don't thing because of being a new member a person should be forgiven everytime. There should be an end to such new topics being opened uneccesarily. Once there is a rule that a newbie can't start new topic they will come to the right way on IF.
I don't intent to name someone. I think its an important issue. I have got angry many times seeing such new threads...
i agree... many times we have seen newbies opening random & irrelevant threads... being not aware of the rules completely, they tend to do it more...

i agree with visdi... thread opening should be allowed for groupbies & above...
Another thing that could happen is that viewbies could still open threads, but they will only be shown after a moderator approves them. That way the viewbies that have something important to say can still say it.
This is the problem of all forums. Not only new members. 
But MANY old members who wish to pass a comment on a show/characters of the show, create a fake/MID and create a thread, only to increase bashing and fights in the forum.

This matter should be taken into consideration by the admin.
I totally agree with all points mentioned by members above ^.
Actually not all newbies open random threads or are troublemakers ..its only few who make IDs to simply advertise their own websites or forums ..so those particular newbies have their own motives behind making IDs on IF and in most cases admins ban those type of newbies asap ..

If restriction is put on newbies ,then members might avoid signing on IF thinking the website has too many restrictions and it will b unfair as well since the genuine newbies might then demand same restrictions for the ones who r senior members or goldie or rockerz because troublemakers and spammers can b found among those as well ...

Dev team in most case try to ban those newbies who r mostly spamming or advertising and the viewbies or mods of that forum can simply trash such posts or can move it to the problem users section so that they dont remain on first page of the forum anymore ...😳
Posted: 11 years ago
This is an ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL idea!! I really really wish the admin takes a note of this.
past few days we had a person who was continuously posting one liners in so many forums..it went on for days...the mods are there to close down such topics but i also understand completely that they arent available 24x7. And by the time they reach the troubled site, the forum is cluttered with pages and pages of spamming..
so the best solution is to restrict the newbies from creating threads and it be allowed only after reaching groupbie.
im sure this will solve MAJORITY of the problems relating to spammers and people who return here through MIDs only to create havoc.
thanks!