Posted: 12 years ago
I guess I'm one of the first people to watch today's episode, since I don't see any discussion topics for me to post in yet. So I guess I'll initiate one for today.. πŸ˜†

Today's episode was very entertaining - at least in my opinion. Megha remembering the events from the court room on her way back was a nice way to show that try as she might to put a strong front up for everyone else, she does get affected by the distrust that everyone shows her husband's character. And this was something that they reiterated later in the episode also - with her telling her friend that it feels nice when someone trusts her husband's honesty.

On another note though, I've noticed that they keep showing Mohan standing around waiting for "someone" every so often in an episode. Is that supposed to be a specific someone that he is supposed to be waiting for or is this just to re-enforce the fact that he is a reporter (by showing him waiting on any one of his sources)? And for that matter who is that "Tawre" guy that keeps calling him?! I don't know if we have actually met him in the show.. πŸ˜†

So I knew that Navita going to school with Tanmay was going to present problems, but boy had I miscalculated the TYPE of problem it would cause! I thought she'd be late for school or something and get in trouble with the principle.. But yahan toh aur hi mamla ho gaya!! πŸ˜† I mean as soon as that guy said "shadi wadi", you knew that he had Navita's attention! And then she just actively cataloged how much money he asked for and what was all the information he needed for an advertisement to be posted. Of course she didn't actually decide to go ahead with it until later in the night, but the wheels had started to turn.. 🀣

The interaction between Navita-Megha have to one of my favorite mother-daughter scenes till date. It really is heart breaking to see such a small girl so burdened with all the stress in her life and her mother's. She worries about her mother's happiness, she worries about her father's honesty being validated, she worries about Addu (who made a "Sleeping Beauty" appearance today, by the way!) and her having to scavenger for money to fulfill their needs and her mother having to hear "boojh" waley taaney because of it.. And then she worries about her mother taking care of her self and eating on time.. *sigh* So heart breaking. She seems to be the ONLY confidante and support Megha has at the time, especially in moments when Megha confesses to her about how hard it is to live on without Amar.. And where we see all this maturity from Navita, we are also reminded by her innocence and childhood as she ties the knot in her mother's sari because she wishes her father to come back.. Or a father figure at least - not that Megha realizes that quite yet. And how she protected that knot when Megha tried to undo it.. Also, I like how they both take care of each other - equally - in their own way. If Navita tries to be there for her mother, Megha is there to comfort Navita and remind her as softly and easily as she can that her father won't be back.. And how when she notices Navita's resistance in the matter, she just holds her close to let her know it will all be okay - that mommy's here.. *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* Oh man.. That was a very poignant scene for me..

The way they showed Navita's sort through her thoughts and decide upon publish an add was HILARIOUS! How she remembers everything she heard in a TV show on Udaas TV ( how her in her bachpana she's influenced by what she sees and hears around her) along with the comments her mother had to hear and the financial burden they're having to shoulder.. And so she gets up and starts to write down the "details" for the advertisement.. The entire scene was so innocently cute! I love how they managed to portray a child's thought process in a convincing manner.. πŸ˜† For the umpteenth time, I hate it when kids act older than their age..

Mohan and Renuka... Bwaahahahahahhaha🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 She went there to snoop around and him being the reporter that he is, KNEW that that's what she was attempting.. Aur phir jab Mohan jee bolne pe aye toh kya "cool chashma" aur kya "ladoo", NOTHING stood a chance.. 🀣🀣🀣 Such a classic way to handle snooping neighbors! Hum toh fan ho gaye Mohan jee! *salutes* 🀣🀣

I am so sure now that Megha's eventually going to get a job because this is twice now that the friend has mentioned the job opening at her husband's publishing firm.. Also it's good that they are laying background for Megha to start a job - ye nahi k aik din uth k she just randomly decided she wanted a job and then got it too right away! Being some anti-hero's secretary.. *rolls eyes*

And this brings us to the last and arguable the best scene in the show today, second only to the Navita-Megha scene! The confidence with which Navita took out her mother's marraige advertisement and handed the money to the guy in the office was absolutely hilarious. And of course his reaction wasn't any less.. And then how  he turned her away - thank God he didn't agree to publishing that because if they had shown him to go ahead and publish that advertisement from an 8 year old without question.. *shakes head* - first a bit leniently and when he realized she was persistent, a bit more harshly. Again, realistically portrayed.. very interesting. But of course this was all made even better by the fact that this led to the Mohan-Navita meeting and what a meeting it was.. Lol! Mohan is a nice guy at heart, beechara.. He tried SO hard not to be bothered by her insistent tears, but eventually he had to ask k kya hua.. And I was in splits when I noticed k Navita was actually ignoring him until he softened his tone a bit!! ROFL! Ab aya na unth pahar k neechey.. 🀣And again, outside the way Navita started maro-ing the show waley dialogue from memory and Mohan jee (who is busy eating her school lunch and drinking form her PINK water bottle, but he way.. 🀣🀣) looks like he's seen pigs fly.. But eventually, the dialogues mixed with the threat of taking away his remaining lunch was enough to convince him to do the "good" deed and help her mother (who he sees as a powerless widow sitting by stove struggling for cough syrups! 🀣🀣🀣🀣).. And once that happened and I realized that he was actually having the advertisement published (in all of Indore no less 🀣) without reading it first, I just laughed. 🀣🀣🀣 Oh man! Bechara.. Really.. And if the precap is anything to go by, his woes and confrontations with "Mirchi Madam" are just beginning.. *shakes head* 🀣🀣🀣

By the way a couple of small things that I wanted to mention though.. Loved the hint at Mohan being the "guardian" in Navita's life - the one who'd from now on (intentionally or otherwise) look out for her. Loved his conversations with Guru as always - such an amazing equation they both have!! πŸ˜† And lastly, I know a lot of us were wondering about how Mohan would interact with Megha's kids given that he clearly doesn't like kids.. Turns out, he respects brains in a child.. Because while he seems to be turning into fast friends with Navita, (going the precap) Addu seems to be a different story.. πŸ˜† Of course that doesn't mean that he won't be nice to Addu, just that his initial interactions with both the siblings are turning out to be so different. Navita treats him like an equal and acts like an adult (as best she can!) and so he treats her like one too (again, as much as he should).. But it seems it won't be so with Addu.. Oh, I'll be lying if I said I'm not looking forward to him interact with the kids some more (AND Mirchi Madam) tomorrow.. πŸ˜†

I can feel myself slipping up on the skepticism just a bit and I'm afraid it might come and bite me in the butt if this show falls through.. But today's episode was such an entertainer for me k I guess it couldn't be helped. But even so, I am determined to maintain my "one day at a time" policy.. So I guess, lets see what tomorrow has in store now.. πŸ˜†
You've said it all Fivr! I don't think I'd have anything new to add but eh...let me still put my take anyhow.

I enjoyed almost every bit of today's episode. It was definitely the most entertaining so far.
As you mentioned the starting scene where Megha reminisces about the events of the day at court was poignantly showed. She puts up a strong front but even that is not unrealistically portrayed, you know how in certain shows they might show the female protagonist put up one of them fake "happy" attitude and stuff. Megha doesn't do so and neither does she just sit and cry, she seems to have control over her emotions. Yes there are times when she gets overwhelmed and looses the control as in the very first scene where she starts crying while laughing so hard wishing Addu happy birthday and similarly in the scene in bus today.

@Nanhi-Megha scene-- By far the best scene of theirs! I love watching these two...they seem to have such an amazing chemistry as mother-daughter. WORD to everything you said about this moment. You just feel for both of them..especially nanhi and how she oscillates between being a child and her mother's confidante. The kid is pretty darn good at amalgamating childlike and mature characteristics. It comes quite natural as compared to the over exaggerated versions that we see normally when it comes to kid characters.

@Mohan-Renu scene---🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 that was a riot! Renu, the nosy neighbor lady comes to welcome the new neighbor and Mohan being Mohan scares the living daylights out of her with his wit!🀣 I also liked that bit where Renu's dashing out of Mohan's place and Guru's coming in from the other direction and lol just looking at his facial expression and gesture of "WTH" was hilarious!🀣🀣🀣🀣
Liked the little bit Mohan-Guru...they seem like such an old married couple in the way they interact !

@Shaadi ad--- ROFL! this was just so hilarious! Especially, the way how that show on Udaas TV (🀣🀣) influenced Navita's mind along with other stuff that you mentioned and how she just casually walks up to the reporter and gives him all the necessary stuff required. The reporter was totally taken by surprise the way she did her lil gig!🀣🀣🀣

@Mohan-Navita elevator scene--- lol Mohan occupied with his daily talk with his wifey aka Guru while little Navi is crying buckets standing in one corner. LOL Mohan trying to control himself from getting involved was hilarious. He eventually gave in and then Navi sort of ignores him 🀣🀣.

@Mohan-navita talk session outside--- 🀣🀣🀣 Mohan was actually eating lunch from this little kid's box and drinking water from her pink bottle!🀣🀣🀣🀣 Navita was also probably letting him do so to get her point across too, smart kid that she is! lol
anyhow, as you said already, this scene was definitely second best scene of the episode.

@Mohan being guardian to Navita-- yes it was indeed foreshadowing what's to come. Navita's face just changed when he said that. She is after all just an 8 years old kid who longs for her father/father figure. No matter how much her mother tries, she still can not fill that void in her daughter's or son's lives.

Precap looks fun. ehehe there's a bigger bomb coming their way with Nanhi's ad campaign and it's going to hit them both pretty darn hard!πŸ˜†

@Skepticism--- Right there with you Fivr. I say lets just continue taking it one episode at a time and when it seems that this one too starts following the usual trend, we'll just stop putting time towards it as we have in the past.
oh by the way, what exactly does "chavani" mean?
Fivr and Amy... Loved reading your takes.

Dang this dude, Mohan is something else and so is Nanhi. The lil girl stole the show when she was in the newspaper office for the first time, when she realised that any ad can be published! Beautiful expressions.

Mohan and Renu scene was hilarious πŸ˜† Poor Mohan, the only person in the Vyas parivar who might be on his side is Nanhi, he has taken panga with most now. πŸ˜†

And then Mohan-Nanhi conversations were so natural. And this dude has no qualms in eating a lil gir's dabba ( which had my fav food, chatni sandwich) and drinking out of her bottle too!!! Loved everything about the scene, right to the part where he says about being her guardian and she reacts. Poor Nanhi, she is such a grownup at this age. And yes, she should really stop watching those serials on Udaas TVπŸ˜†

So far interesting.. still some skepticism.. but absolutely enjoyed today's episode.

-- Mru
Edited by Mru_bee - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Ramy25

oh by the way, what exactly does "chavani" mean?

Amy, "chavanni" means 25paise coin. It is used here in slang for little person.

-- Mru
No FIVR. There was almost a Live discussion in the Mohan - Megha paradise. Many wanted a Live episode discussion thread too. 

you have given such detailed review i have nothing much to add. I liked y'days Mohan-renu scene which turned out completely different from what i expected or infact the scene happened before i could form my opinion on what would happen. 

Ofcourse Nanhi - megha and Mohan-nanhi scenes were really good. The episode was unexpectedly too funny but nanhi-megha scene made me also cry. 

I also think mohan won't have smooth relationship with Addu. 

Overall i liked the show till now. But there are some glitches too like how mohan doesn't know about Vyas' case against the Builder dinanath, who he is trying to expose. He should have known already that too when such a high profile comes before enquiry commission. Maybe CVs want to delay it till mohan interacts with Megha and family before he knows of the common enemy Dinanath. 

Originally posted by subhas123

No FIVR. There was almost a Live discussion in the Mohan - Megha paradise. Many wanted a Live episode discussion thread too. 

you have given such detailed review i have nothing much to add. I liked y'days Mohan-renu scene which turned out completely different from what i expected or infact the scene happened before i could form my opinion on what would happen.  yeah.. I was trying to control my laugh, but couldn't when Mohan was telling Renu 'Bhag gayi'.. and giving reasons.. later when he asked her abt gals...  Mohan did a great job..

Ofcourse Nanhi - megha and Mohan-nanhi scenes were really good. The episode was unexpectedly too funny but nanhi-megha scene made me also cry. 

I also think mohan won't have smooth relationship with Addu.  No Subhas.. i don't think so.. Right now Mohan doesn't lik kids.. But Nanhi will change him... and when he starts loving children he is going to love Addu too..
thoda stubborn hain lekin phir bhi pyara hain na AdduπŸ˜›

Overall i liked the show till now. But there are some glitches too like how mohan doesn't know about Vyas' case against the Builder dinanath, who he is trying to expose. He should have known already that too when such a high profile comes before enquiry commission. Maybe CVs want to delay it till mohan interacts with Megha and family before he knows of the common enemy Dinanath. 

Mirchi madam ki chavanni to little Bomb hain.. phataka..πŸ˜› I was ROFLOL when she was delivering speech abt problems of Widow to Mohan.. He was busy eating her sandwich..πŸ˜† 
Mohanji, kya imagination hain.. sick widow suffering nd  not having money to get cough syrup..πŸ˜‰
Now he came to know tht Addu is Mirchi madam's son.. How he is going to react when he comes to know tht Chavanni is Megha's daughter? πŸ˜•

Nanhi and Mohan stole the epi..πŸ˜›  Nanhi's introduction and interaction with her would be father was great.. and precap was also great..in love wid new serial..πŸ˜ƒ
Hey FIvr(waves hand )  :D

LOveddd ur post ... totally !!!

agree with u on each and every point ,

Great cast and good story and that lil tit bits here and there which is making things more interesting ,

oh i jst love Megha character or its the actor who is making me love this character i dnt know but i love she is nt a cry baby neither a very bold or naive person , her character is what she is , 

thank god she is nt wearing white sari and looking down all the time ,she is very real !

OH and that Tawre guy what can i say one more badi hasti in making i guess :P

love the kids and loved mohan charcter the ay he meets the lil girl and his indifferent language is very enjoyable :D

i love how he called the lil girl chavani :P

All in all a good entertaining show though i must confess that it timely gives me creep that this show is on COlors but as u say lets see what tom store for us !