Posted: 12 years ago
Hello!
You will find all the articles regarding the show and it's characters right here.

Thank You,
Deboleena..

Life OK launches Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath

Section: TV Briefs Category: Media
Media News
Mumbai, January 14, 2012

While the nation continues to be mired in controversies and mass resentment against corruption is high, the hope in the fight for truth and justice is not to be undermined! Life Ok, the newest Hindi GEC captures this hope for a better future, in the upcoming show Hum Ne Li Hai' Shapath - a story that highlights a team's struggle to cleanse the system of corruption. 

Shapath continues to carry a nation's aspirations that were earlier whetted by 'Sach Ka Saamna 2' that confronted the underbelly of corruption.

The story of Shapath follows the lives of the three protagonists, Gautam (an idealistic inspector and the son of a Joint Commissioner of Police), Shikha (a social worker and the daughter of a rich business tycoon) & Abhigyan (a senior inspector), as they go from being mere bystanders to taking on the system, even if it means going against their own. 

The first episode of the show opens with an intriguing murder case. Gautam, Shikha and Abhigyan form a core team to investigate the mysterious death of 17-year-old Radhika (also Shikha's acquaintance). This case brings to light an ugly, corrupt nexus comprising of the police and government. While working on this case, Gautam, Sikha and Abhigyan also discover the reasons for the investigation being curbed and are surprised to find their own family's role in this case. Not to be deterred by this, the trio risk their lives in getting to the bottom of the scandal.

Shapath is about this case and many more thrilling cases and scams that the trio face together; some cases have real-life high profile incidents at their backdrop and real-life police investigations. 

"In the quest for truth and justice you may lose friends and family but'what you gain is a conscience that makes life worth living'"

Tune in to Hum Ne Li Hai' Shapath beginning January 15, daily 10:20 pm

Piyush Sachdev toughens up for cop role

IANS | Jan 20, 2012, 03.24PM IST
Read More:Social Worker|Piyush Sachdev|Kya Kahein|Hui Sabse Parayi|Hassan Zaidi
Piyush Sachdev

Television actor Piyush Sachdev, who is playing a policeman in Like OK's new show "Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath", says he not only worked on fitness but also spent time with real policemen to prepare for his role so that the audiences find his character believable.

"I have worked a lot on getting the lean and fit look for my role in this show. I worked out a lot and reduced around 7 kgs to achieve the look," Piyush told IANS on phone from Mumbai.

"As part of my preparation for the role, I saw some cop films and even spent sometime with real-life policemen to understand their body language and how they work so as to make my role look genuine.

"Audiences are very smart and sensible today and if they don't find the role genuine they would not watch the show," added Piyush, who was previously seen in shows like "Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya" and "Geet...Hui Sabse Parayi".

The story of "Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath" follows the lives of the three protagonists - Gautam (Hassan Zaidi), an idealistic inspector who is the son of a joint commissioner of police, Shikha (Madhura Naik), a Social Worker and the daughter of a rich business tycoon, and Abhigyan (Piyush), a senior inspector.

In the show they go from being mere bystanders to taking on the system. Piyush is also upbeat about the fight sequences that he has performed all by himself.

"Since it is a show which has policemen as the protagonists, action sequences are bound to be there and I really had fun performing them. I deliberately chose not to use duplicate for the action sequences because I wanted to perform them all by myself. I wanted to give it a genuine touch which is important to connect with the audience," he said.

The actor came to Mumbai 11 years back and groomed himself before entering into showbiz.

"I came to Mumbai 11 years back. I had no ambition, I didn't know whether I want to become an actor or a model. But gradually I started preparing myself as I saw there was a lot of competition. I did theatre, worked on my voice modulation, took dance classes and even learnt martial arts, so that I don't lack in anything," he said.

Piyush started his television career with Doordarshan show "Shakti". He later went on to do shows like " Kya Kahein", "Ghar Ek Sapna" and "Har Ghar Kuch Kehta Hai", among others, and he is now happy with the way his career has shaped up.

"I am enjoying variations in my roles," he said.

Handsome hunk Piyush Sahdev will soon be seen in Life Ok's upcoming show 'Hum ne li hai... Shapath', a story of tough cops against the flawed system with thrilling and contemporary police cases weaved in.

In the show Piyush is playing the lead character Abhigyan, the son of a big business tycoon, who chooses to work for his Nation, rather than stay with his father in a luxurious set-up. The show has two more characters inspector Gautam, played by Hasan Zaidi and Shikha, social worker, played by Madura Nayak. The trio teams up to solve murder mysteries and every murder case goes on for around 3-4 weeks.

In fact, the well-toned Piyush recently made headlines with his dare-to-bare act. He loves to show off his body because he is quite crazy about fitness; in love with his gym and works out regularly. He also practices martial arts such as kempo-karate. He has done all his stunts himself without a duplicate in his upcoming show. In fact, as a preparation for the show he lost 7 kgs for this role. He has been watching many police themed films and has also been meeting the cops to understand their mannerisms.

Talking about his lead role, an intense Piyush says, "I love action roles and Shapath will elevate me to the next frontier of my career. The hard-hitting show is a dream come true for a fitness fanatic like me. My first promo clearly portrays various facets of my personality and I have already got rave reviews for the same."

Chand Chupa Badal Mein fame Payal Nair to play cameo in Life Ok's Shapath!
Chand Chupa Badal Mein fame Payal Nair to play cameo in Life Ok's Shapath!
Chand Chupa Badal Mein fame Payal Nair to play cameo in Life Ok's Shapath! She will play senior journalist in the soap
Chand Chupa Badal Mein fame Payal Nair to play cameo in Life Ok's Shapath! She will play senior journalist in the soap

on Wednesday at 04:53pm
Payal Nair, last seen as Chanchal Chachi in Star Plus' Chand Chupa Badal Mein, is all set for her solid comeback In Life Ok's Shapath!

As we have already seen in the show, inspector Abhigyan (Piyush Sahdev) and Gautam (Hasan Zaidi) have not been able to track the murderers in the Radhika murder case. Payal will enter the show as Tara, a powerful and shrewd journalist, who has been working with a channel for the past 10 years. She can go to any extent to gain eyeballs and up the TRP ratings of her talk show, India Speaks.

A source informs that Tara will invite ACP Jairaj (Harsh Chhaya) in her talk show and try to depict the loopholes in the Radhika murder case.

"It is a welcome change for me as I have always been a part of saas-bahu shows. I am glad to bag an opportunity to play such a strong character," confirms Payal. The length of a role doesn't bother me as long as I get a chance to perform. I have already started shooting from yesterday (31 January 2012)."

Payal's cameo will be aired after nine to ten episodes. We wish the talented lady all the very best and hope she would be able to do justice to her role!

Source: Tellychakkar.com

"I am mad"- Madhura Naik

Saturday, January 28, 2012 | 1:04:10 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)     "I am mad"- Madhura Naik

Madhura Naik aka Shikha of Life Ok's Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath takes up the random Quick Grills this week...

Movies you love to watch- Romantic and action films

A song you like- 
My current favourite is Sun and Moon by Above and Beyond.

Your least favourite food- 
I do not like the sweet Gujarati food and also South Indian food like Idli-Sambar.

One thing you always do when you get up in the morning- 
I run to my dog and disturb its sleep and then go brush my teeth.

Favorite actor- Shah Rukh Khan

What would you ask him if you met him in person? Can I come and stay with you?

While in school, the classmate you hated the most – I was a geek in school. Always the topper in class and engrossed in books. I never hated any of my classmates.

One Eco-friendly aspect of yours- I do not write letters.  I save trees (laughs)

The best compliment that you've received till date- 
I am actually bored of listening to compliments like,'You are beautiful'. Now people have started telling me that I am weird and I like that (laughs).  

One thing you value the most- 
All the small gifts that my family and friends give, as there are a lot of memories attached to it.

One word to describe yourself- Mad

The last time you lied to the media-
I do not lie and that's why people like to take my interviews. They get all weird answers (laughs).

Place you do not like to go to even if given a chance-
I do not like places which are crowded with a lot of men staring at you.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Piyush Sachdeva is down but not out!

TNN | Feb 9, 2012, 12.00AM IST
TV show|TV actor|Piyush Sachdeva
Piyush Sachdeva
Actor Piyush Sachdeva dislocated his knee recently where doctors suggested a surgery and bed rest.

But Piyush (Inspector Abhigyaan from Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath) came back to the sets within two days and started shooting again. Seems like he is taking his reel life character, that of a tough guy, quite seriously.

Sachin Verma to enter Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 | 4:49:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Sachin Verma to enter Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath...

From mythological to a cop thriller, the actor makes the switch...

Sachin Verma who made his comeback as Yudhisthira in Imagine's Dwarkadheesh - Bhagwaan Shree Krishna is back in a new avatar on Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath.

Sachin Verma will play the character of ACP Digvijay who will be coming at the designation of the ACP played by Harsha Chhaya, as he was removed for his corruption practices. Digvijay will be the commanding officer of Inspector Gautam (Hasan Zaidi) and Inspector Abhigyan (Piyush Sachdev).

We contacted Sachin who confirmed the news, "Yes I will be playing the character of ACP Digvijay. It is a strong, powerful and a very positive character.Hope audience would like my character as well."

Sachin has already started shooting for the show and his entry will soon be on-air.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Sharat Kumar

Sapna Thakur joins Shappat!

Friday, February 24, 2012 | 2:55:32 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Sapna Thakur joins Shappat!

The actress comes in as a new lady cop...

Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath under the banner of Fireworks production is making decent ratings on the weekly TRPs charts,increasing  week by week. The show which focuses on different crime stories, will now concentrate on one particular story for only about a fortnight.

The Radhika Case went on for almost 45 days but in future cases would have a time limit of 10-15 days each.

The latest we hear is that one more lady cop would join the gang. A source informs, " Sapna Thakur, the actress who has contributed much to Punjabi industry with 2 movies, will now, for the first time work, with small screen joining the cast of Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath as Astha."

"Aastha would be a one star cop, a very sharp lady and would now have a long running character in the show, "adds the source.

We contacted Sapna and she confirmed the buzz.

Tellybuzz welcomes Sapna to our small screen industry.

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar

Hasan Zaidi bags Shilpa and Raj Kundra's Dhishkyaon

Sunday, February 26, 2012 | 10:38:22 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Hasan Zaidi bags Shilpa and Raj Kundra's Dhishkyaon

Hasan Zaidi to have his first B-town ride...

Small screen actors are now getting wide publicity to the extent that they are roped in B-town. The latest we hear is about Hasan Zaidi as after contributing a remarkable performance for Sony TV's Khhote Sikkey and is currently seen as dashing inspector Gautam of Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath is all set to debut on the big screen.

A source states, "Hasan Zaidi has bagged a meaty role in Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra's upcoming flick Dhishkyaon. Hasan would play a very pivotal role, where he would essay the role of a bad guy of underworld, though not completely negative."

We contacted Hasan who confirms, "Currently, I am shooting for both, the movie as well as for Shapath. It's been great working for the venture and I am honored to work with biggies from the Bollywood industry."

Before working under this banner, Hasan had worked for two more movies which did not see the light of the day.

Hope Hasan's this B town rides is successful and memorable…

Reporter:Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author:Sharat Kumar