Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Celebrity galore on Shapath!

Celebrity galore on Shapath!

It was buzzing hot news on TOI.com about cricketer Madan Lal Sharma's debut on small screen with Life OK's Cricket and Crime Humne Li Hai Shapath theme. However, along with the cricketer few known TV actors will join in for the episode.

Source informs, "Actors like Ravi Bhatia, Leena Balodi, Shamta Tiwari will be seen featuring in the episode named psycho killer. The plot will revolve around three people, who get killed." 

Ravi Bhatia will be doing Shapath for the second time where as Leena Balodi was last seen in Star Plus' Ek Doosre Se Karte Hai Pyaar Hum and Shamta Tiwari will mark her return to small screen after YRF's Rishta.com. 

When contacted, Ravi Bhatia confirmed his presence on the show. 
Minionite thumbnail

Aman Verma to join Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath as the new ACP?

Aman Verma

Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai.. Shapath, produced by Fireworks Productions has been in the news of late for roping in ace cricketer Madan Lal for their Cricket Series which is to air from 6 April 2013.

The news doing rounds now is that talented and versatile actor Aman Verma will soon enter Shapath as the new ACP officer on board. And this comes after Mala Salariya who was last seen in Life OK's Saubhagyavati Bhava got into the show as cop Abha.

However, when contacted, Aman Verma told us, "Talks are on, but there is nothing more to divulge. We have not finalized certain things as of now. I have to work out my dates too."

Aman was last seen in Life OK's controversial culinary show, Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan Nawaazi Ki..

Let's see if Aman gets into the 'cricketing season' in Shapath or not...

Minionite thumbnail

Sarwar Ahuja, Milind Gunaji out of Shapath, Karan approached

Tuesday, Apr 2, 2013, 3:00 IST | Place: DNA | Agency: DNA

There is a lot happening in the thriller drama Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath on screen and off it.

There is a lot happening in the thriller drama Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath on screen and off it. The serial aired on Life Ok recently concluded a special eight-part series Sabse Badi Talaash and is soon starting another special seriesSuper Cops Vs Super Villains

However, both Milind Gunaji and Sarwar Ahuja who were playing key roles in the serial are out. Sources say that they had too many film commitments and were unable to give enough dates for the show, which is why Sharwar's character was shown to be dead while Milind's character has been transferred. For the new series, a new ACP with supernatural powers will be introduced. 

"Karan Anand, who is currently doing some shows on Doordarshan and is part of the forthcoming film Gundayhas been approached. Most probably he will be doing the show," adds the source. While producer-director BP Singh confirms that a new ACP will be introduced, he denies that Sarwar and Milind who have been part of the series since its inception are out. "We are thinking of a way to get them back," he says. 

In the meantime, as a stop-gap arrangement, Singh will have a cricket-centric story for which he will be getting cricketer Madan Lal on board. "We will be taking on the Indian Premier League with these special episodes," he says.  

Madan Lal will play a fictional cricket expert and help cops expose cricket scandals. The series will go on-air from April 6. As for the Super Cops series, every week a new super villain based on comic strips will be introduced. "The first one will be able to suck electricity from the cities, while another one can take any form," informs Singh. The series is slated to be aired in the third week of April.

Minionite thumbnail

Cricketer Madan Lal in 'Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath'

New Delhi,Cinema/Showbiz,Sports, Thu, 04 Apr 2013IANS
inShare

New Delhi, April 4 (IANS) Former cricketer Madan Lal is all set to make his television debut with "Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath".

He has been roped in to be part of special episodes revolving around cricket. To be aired on Life OK, the show will have the veteran cricketer playing himself.

He will be seen as cricket expert and assist the team of "Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath" to solve cricket-related crimes.

The legendary cricketer is excited to be part of the show.

"I am very excited. This is the first time I will be seen in a TV series and the best part is that I will be seen playing myself in the show. I am hoping my audiences like and accept me in this avatar, as they always have," he said in a statement.

He has already started shooting for the first episode, which goes on air this weekend.

TV actress Mala Salariya, previously seen playing Ananya in Life OK's "Dil Se Di DuaSaubhagyavati Bhava", now joins the team of "Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath".

Minionite thumbnail

Cricketer Madan Lal in 'Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath'

Former cricketer Madan Lal is all set to make his television debut with "Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath".

Thursday, April 04, 2013 | 8:26:26 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  388 Views

Former cricketer Madan Lal is all set to make his television debut with "Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath".

He has been roped in to be part of special episodes revolving around cricket. To be aired on Life OK, the show will have the veteran cricketer playing himself.

He will be seen as a cricket expert and assist the team of "Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath" to solve cricket-related crimes.

The legendary cricketer is excited to be part of the show.

"I am very excited. This is the first time I will be seen in a TV series and the best part is that I will be seen playing myself in the show. I am hoping the audience likes and accepts me in this avatar, as they always have," he said in a statement.

He has already started shooting for the first episode, which goes on air this weekend.

TV actress Mala Salariya, previously seen playing Ananya in Life OK's "Dil Se Di Dua.Saubhagyavati Bhava", now joins the team of "Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath".

Minionite thumbnail
TV actors are paid according to popularity, not experience: Aamir Dalvi

TV actors are paid according to popularity, not experience: Aamir Dalvi

Aamir Dalvi on why talent still matters in Tellytown and the joys of fatherhood in a chat with TOI

Actor Aamir Dalvi is a perfect combination of someone who's simple and sorted out. A reserved person by nature, Aamir comes across as someone who likes to keep things black and white. Aamir who was done shows like Main Aisi Kyun Hoon, Jabb Luv Hua, Saathi Re et al was recently shooting in Ahmedabad for Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath.

Shooting in real life locations is not easy. How was the overall experience? Aamir says, "If one's concentration level is low, and one lets anything hamper one's performance then it will surely hamper one's performance no matter where one shoots. In real life, I am an introvert, but when the camera is on I am a different person. As actors we are always hungry about audiences, and it's fun when there are onlookers. But I let my work do the talking."

So do crowds scare him? "No. A bunch of people don't scare me, but I try and stay away from them when I'm on location. The funny thing was, there have been times when we were shooting and had cops running after us, thinking we were chasing real criminals! At times people don't understand that we are shooting — all this does disturb the momentum of a scene, but not me as an actor."

Whenever an actor takes up a cop's role, he always undergoes special training or takes inspiration from all the cops he has met so far. Has he done anything like that? "In my daily life, I have come across many cops and I have observed their body languages. I have my own idea of how a cop should look like, so I just went ahead with that image in my mind," says Aamir who is a petty criminal who later becomes a cop in the show.

Aamir was last seen on Chhal Sheh Aur Maat and Gumrah— The End Of Innocence. But he hasn't done too much TV. What's kept him busy over the years? "I am a photographer and it took me a year to set up a website," says Aamir who feels a "back up plan is important in showbiz. In the TV industry everything is temporary and the new generation of audience doesn't recognise stars who've not done shows in the last two/three years. Loads of senior actors are facing such situations. Budgets have changed — actors are now known by the characters they play and they get paid as per the popularity of their last show and not on their experience."

He adds, "Even after I became an actor, I continued to work in a call-center for three years. People would ask me why I was doing this job when I was an actor. Everyone feels all actors are filthy rich, but it isn't true. Today, I am choosy about the projects I do. I like to surprise my audience."

In the past, Aamir had commented that he loved playing grey characters. And he seems to be in favour of them this time too. "There is a lot of scope for a negative character. You can add lots of shades to it. If I play a good guy, I can only obey and respect people on screen which would be so boring," he says.

Trends on small screen change almost overnight. Once, there was a craze for fresh talent, but today showmakers are opting for well-known faces. Aamir insists, "Good work is always appreciated."

Talking about his family, Aamir is blessed with two kids. With a twinkle in his eye, he says, "With kids it's super fun. My wife often says that I will spoil them. It is difficult to be a dad of a eight year old daughter (Rashu) — with so much exposure, there are too many questions that she asks that I can't answer. I just tell her that when she will turn 15, she will understand everything. My son, Abir is a big nautanki,when I am out of town he calls me and gives me emotional lines and then says if he can play on my ipad."

Does being a father, hamper his image as an actor? "The kind of fan following SRK has is every actor's dream and he's a dad too! The audience likes us for the kind of work we do and don't care about our personal lives," he smiles.
Minionite thumbnail
Super Cops V/S Super Villains on Shapath

Super Cops V/S Super Villains on Shapath

Fireworks' Production's weekly crime based drama Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath on Life OK is gearing up for an interesting series, Super Cops V/S Super Villains. 

The production house is roping in some of the popular names of the TV industry for the same. After Aman Verma, the latest news we hear is about actors Kunal Bakshi and Rohit Purohitwho have been finalized for the special series. 

Sources inform that the plot of Super Cops V/S Super Villains will revolve around the team of super cops who fight against super villains with destructive superpowers. Kunal Bakshi has been signed for the first episode and will be seen playing an interesting character of an electro-man who can produce electricity. Accordingly, he will misuse his powers and will damage the entire city. Rohit Purohit, on the hand will play the role of Flexy-man who is so flexible that he can take any shape and can adjust himself anywhere. Aman Verma, who plays the new ACP with super powers, will fight against the super villains. 

When contacted, Kunal confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I am doing the show and I've already shot a promo for this. I had an amazingtime working with the Fireworks' team I must say that they are very co-operative and lovely people to work with." 
Rohit Purohit, remained unavailable for comment. 
Minionite thumbnail

Ashish Kaul to be seen in Life OK's Shapath

Ashish Kaul

Summary: Talented and good looking actor Ashish Kaul, who is busy with lot of work projects, has accepted the offer to be a part of an episodic in Life OK's Shapath (Fireworks Productions). He will share screen space with Aman Verma. Ashish will be seen playing the role of a scientist, Makrand. He will be someone who will steal the invention of another scientist and earn fame and money. This is when a revenge saga will unfold.

Minionite thumbnail
Backup plan is important in showbiz, feels Aamir Dalvi!

Actor Aamir Dalvi, who has proved his acting mettle in shows like Main Aisi Kyun Hoon, Jabb Luv Hua,Saathi Re etc, was recently in Ahmadabad for Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath.

Sharing his experience of shooting in real life location, Aamir stated, "If one's concentration level is low, and one lets anything hamper one's performance then it will surely hamper one's performance no matter where one shoots. In real life, I am an introvert, but when the camera is on I am a different person. As actors we are always hungry about audiences and its fun when there are onlookers. But I let my work do the talking."

When asked if he was scared of the crowd, he added, "No. A bunch of people don't scare me, but I try and stay away from them when I'm on location. The funny thing was, there have been times when we were shooting and had cops running after us, thinking we were chasing real criminals! At times people don't understand that we are shooting ' all this does disturb the momentum of a scene, but not me as an actor."

Aamir, whose last outing was with Colors' Chhal Sheh Aur Maat and Gumrah- the End of Innocence, does selective roles on TV. And revealing what keeps him busy apart from TV, he said, "I am a photographer and it took me a year to set up a website.  Backup plan is important in showbiz. In the TV industry everything is temporary and the new generation of audience doesn't recognize stars who've not done shows in the last two/three years. Loads of senior actors are facing such situations. Budgets have changed ' actors are now known by the characters they play and they get paid as per the popularity of their last show and not on their experience."

He added, "Even after I became an actor, I continued to work in a call-center for three years. People would ask me why I was doing this job when I was an actor. Everyone feels all actors are filthy rich, but it isn't true. Today, I am choosy about the projects I do. I like to surprise my audience."

http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Backup_plan_is_important_in_showbiz_feels_Aamir_Dalvi-gid-27985-gc-16.html 
Minionite thumbnail

Avtar Gill & Anjali Rana in Shapath

Avtar Gill & Anjali Rana in Shapath

Fireworks' Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath on Life OK is busy introducing new characters one after the other and the production house is roping in popular names for the same. 

After bringing cricketer Madan Lal Sharma and Aman Verma, the production team has now roped in famous veteran Bollywood and TV actor Avtar Gill and TV actress Anjali Rana.

Sources inform that Avtar Gill who has done Bollywood films like Raja HindustaniAgneepathOnce Upon A Time In Mumbai will be seen in one of the special episodes where he will play the role of a DCP. He will be Aman Verma's boss in the Delhi special episode whereas actress Anjali Rana will essay the role of Aman Verma's wife. 

We tried contacting Avtar Gill and Anjali Rana but both remained unavailable for comments.