Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
With Shapath, people are being treated to a different form of fiction entertainment: Aamir Dalvi

Talented actor Aamir Dalvi is extremely happy with the progress of his Life OK show, Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath (Fireworks Productions).

"When I had entered this show last September, we were rating only 0.5 an now we have touched 1.4 TVR. So we have clocked a nearly 100 per cent rise in numbers and have grown in all quarters. What has really worked is the great synergy between the channel and the producer," avers Aamir.

Talking about this up swing, Aamir says, "All along, we have been trying to get the right kind of audiences. Earlier, we have been getting viewers who were linking us to similar other shows such as Crime Patrol and Savdhan India etc though they were non-fictional and our show is fictional. With this new super villain story, we are roping in kids. So people are being treated to a different form of fiction entertainment."

Describing his character Aamir details, "Senior-Inspector Kavi was one time a roadside tapori and police informer. But as he was educated the local ACP convinced him to change lest he is either bumped off or sent behind bars. So the ACP trains him and makes him join the force. He is very brave and daring. There is a funny bone to him as well which is not deliberate."

How did you work on the tapori lingo? "Being a born and bred Mumbaikar, I know the city' slang language very well and the best part is that even here different people speak the lingo in an unique way. Like a Maharashtrian will not speak Hindi in the same way as a Muslim from Mohammed Ali road will. I mix it up all," he laughingly concedes.

At this point, Aamir, who has been around in the tellyland for many years observes, "This show is different from other projects I have done earlier, in the sense that every Saturday or Sunday, we have a new story. So, we are not dragging one issue over three or four weeks. Since we also have new locations and characters in every episode, there is not an iota of monotony. Cop-based crime themes are the new rage. Last but not the least, we are not dealing with kitchen politics and that comes as a big relief."

"One big change in my career has been that for the first time in the last few years, I have managed to get a show which has survived for nearly 12 months. Prior to this, my other recent shows like Sanskar Laxmi (autistic character ), Jyoti (lover boy) and Jeevan Saath did not last long," Aamir maintains.

Looking ahead, Aamir now wants to turn to films like few of his TV counterparts have successfully done. "Now, this is possible as new kinds of films are being made where script is the king. Also TV actors now are very well versed in the acting craft."

MsPrez thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I want to do more on screen stunts: Karishma Modi Gulzaar

Amrita Mulchandani, TNN | May 12, 2013, 12.00 AM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
POF Shrink Film Exporter
www.zhixinpack.com - Top Polyolefin Shrink Film Supplier Strict Quality Control, Check Now!
READ MORE Karishma Modi|Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath
I want to do more on screen stunts: Karishma Modi
Karishma Modi
Amdavadi girl Karishma Modi is making the headlines again. After making a comeback on television recently (in the action thriller 'Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath'), she also received the prestigious Gaurawanta Gujarati Award. And like always she sounded happy to be back. "I am very happy to be appreciated in my city. It's an honour to receive this award. This time around when I was in town, most people recognised me on the streets and spoke to me in Gujarati. It felt good," she says.

On the work front, Karishma's playing a kick butt cop's role in Shapath and says she's thoroughly enjoying doing the action sequences in her show. "I play an under cover cop in this thriller. I've have done lot of stunts in the show and I insists to my directors that I should be given an opportunity to do more stunts," she says. In fact her fetish for action roles has earned Karishma the nickname 'Bond girl' from her co-actors.

Karishma escaped injuries while shooting recently. "For a sequence I had to hang from a 15 foot tree, but I refused to use a body double. Vaishnavi my co-star's foot was not balanced properly and my hand was injured. I also fell and broke my front tooth," says Karishma.

Get well soon Karishma!
MsPrez thumbnail

Sachin Verma in Gustakh Dil on Life OK

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Jun 14, 2013, 06.31 PM IST
inShare
Share More
A
A
SmarteXS.com.au
www.smartexs.com.au - Send your Unaccompanied luggage with SmarteXS and SAVE
READ MORE Sana Sheikh|Sachin Verma|Ravi Ojha|Life OK|Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath
Sachin Verma in Gustakh Dil
Sachin Verma
Ravi Ojha Production's Gustakh Dil on Life OKwhich marks the comeback of Meghna Malik of Na Iss Des Laado fame has promising names like Sana Sheikh, Anita Kanwal, Neetha Shetty in pivotal roles. 

And the latest actor to join the cast is Sachin Verma who has worked in shows likeDwarkadheesh, Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath, Naagin. 

Sources inform that the daily will introduce new comer Vibhav Roy opposite beautiful Sana Sheikh and Sachin Verma has been cast to playthe role of Meghna Malik's brother on the show. The promo of the show has already been shot and will be on-air from next week. 

When contacted, Sachin Verma remained unavailable for comment.

MsPrez thumbnail

Mala Salariya 'would love to do roles' where her feminine side comes to the fore

13 hours ago | TellychakkarTeam

Pretty Mala Salariya has it in her to stun men with her ravishing beauty. In a cute party outfit, the actress (as you see in the picture) won all hearts at the success party of her Life OK show, Hum Ne Li Hai… Shapath (Fireworks Productions).

Looking at her gorgeous look, we could not stop ourselves from asking her whether she was interested in playing a character where her cute feminine side comes to fore. With a smile on her face, the Delhi based model turned actor said, "Yes, I would love to do such a role. But till now I have only essayed no-nonsense characters on TV. If you remember, in Dil Se Di Dua.. Saubhagyavati Bhava my character Ananya was a journalist who wanted to get justice to Siya (Sriti Jha) who was killed by Viraj (Karnvir Bohra)."

"Now in Shapath, I am seen mostly in khaki, and I use less make-up too as that is the requirement of my cop character. I am open to any kind of good roles, not necessarily the good bahu ones," she went on to state.

Mala seems to love cop shows of the international variety. "I am a big fun of Dexter. I love Debra Morgan's character in it. It was a challenge for her in the last season when she found out that her brother was the serial killer. At first she tried to shield him, but then went on to do the right thing. I would love to essay characters where I get to display such opposing situations."

Great going, Mala!!!

Minionite thumbnail
Aparna Kumar in Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath

Aparna Kumar in Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath

Fireworks Production's Hum Ne Li Hai..Shapath's new series super cops v/s super villains aired on Life OK is not only gaining momentum but has also seen a rise in its numbers. 

And this time as well the production house has roped in popular actress Aparna Kumar for an episodic.

Sources inform that Aparna who has done few episodes of the show in the past will once again be seen in the on-going series of super cops v/s super villains. The episode will highlight the story of a memory stealer played by Aparna Kumar. She will play a super villain who has super powers to steal people's memory. She will misuse her powers and will try to destroy the world butthe super cop's team will stop her from doing this.

When contacted, Aparna Kumar remained unavailable for comment.
MsPrez thumbnail

Madhura Naik approached to participate in Colors' upcoming season of Bigg Boss

Charming damsel Madhura Naik, armed with a beautiful smile and a curvaceous body, can make any one go gaga over her sexy looks and persona.

She is best known for her feisty role of Tee in Star One's Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani and has also been the face of Bindass, as the host and judge of Superdude, and also was the leading lady ofHum Ne Li Hai... Shapath as Shikha Yashvardhan.

Now for all you Madhura fans, this peg of news will definitely make you all happy.

Our source informs us that the casting for the Colors' upcoming season of Bigg Boss (Endemol) has already begun. And the first name that has been tossed up is none other than Madhura.

Yes, this lovely lass has been approached by the channel to be a part of this reality show.

We tried getting in touch with Madhura, but she remained unavailable for comment.

Now the question is, will she participate in the show or will she not?

Edited by Tarza - 10 years ago
MsPrez thumbnail

Madhura Naik bags a film!

Stuti Agarwal, TNN Mar 29, 2013, 05.00PM IST
Tags:
  • Pyaar Kii Ek Kahaani|
  • Pyaar Impossible|
  • Madhura Naik|
  • Karan Kundra
(Actress Madhura Naik shares…)

After ex-boyfriend Karan Kundra, it's television actor Madhura Naik's turn to bag a film.

The sexy model and singer, who has acted in forgettable films like Good Boy, Bad Boy and Pyaar Impossible, will soon be seen as a lead in an upcoming film. "Yes, I am playing the lead, but cannot disclose anything right now," said the sultry actress, who is better known as "T" of Pyaar Kii Ek Kahaani and Shikha of Hum Ne Li Hai - Shapath.

Minionite thumbnail

Cops in Hum Ne Li Hai…Shapath turn into 'Super Cops' with amazing powers

Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai… Shapath (Fireworks Productions) has been reaping rewards via good numbers for the interesting and out-of-the box story lines that are being churned out. Viewers in the last month or so, witnessed the sheer magic created by the 'Super Villains'. And now, the excitement will double up with the cops on the show getting some 'Super Powers' that will put them on equal wavelength with the super villains. Yes, you heard it right!!! A reliable source tells us that the concepts will get bigger and better with the cops getting some super powers. They will have futuristic looks, which will stun the viewers. Presently, the creative team is working on the look and characterization for each of the cops. If sources are to be believed, Senior Inspector Kavi (Aamir Dalvi) might be given the power of seeing through walls. Sub-Inspector Aabha (Mala Salariya) turns a sniper, while Senior Inspector Kashish (Karishma Modi) will become a cat-woman. Senior Inspector Ranveer (Amit Pachori) will be a guy who is a martial art expert.

MsPrez thumbnail

Nikhil Arya turns into Super Villain for Life OK's Shapath

25 Jun 2013 01:47 PM | TellychakkarTeam

Talented actor Nikhil Arya who is known for his challenging roles in Kesar, Kasturi, Rabba Ishq Na Hove, Tere Liyewill now be seen in an unusually different role in Life OK's Hum Ne Li Hai.. Shapath (Fireworks Productions). He will don the avatar of a Super Villain in the ongoing series, Super Villains V/s Super Cops.

Nikhil we hear, will enact a fantasy based character for the first time in his life. The actor who has earlier been part of episodics of Fireworks Productions' CID will sport long hair, and have a colourful look with an overcoat and a fluffy hat, somewhat similar to that of Amitabh Bachchan in the movie Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom. The character will possess the power of making even the lifeless objects do whatever he wants with his immense concentration. This way, he tries to carry out his evil intentions.

We hear that Nikhil has already begun shoot for this episodic, which will be aired sometime in the first week of July (2013).

We tried contacting Nikhil and sent him a text message too, but did not get any revert till the time of filing the story.

Hum Ne Li Hai... Shapath has been garnering great numbers of late, and such interesting story lines will only add-on to its popularity amongst masses. Have a great watch, folks!!!

MsPrez thumbnail

I would want a son like Faisal Khan :Divyaalakshmi

After two years of struggle Divyalakshmi has bagged a very crucial role in Maharana Pratap and is super happy to be part of the show as Sajjibai!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 | 6:08:34 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |   14 Comments  |  7495 Views

Divyalakshmi who is seen as Sajja Bai in Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap onSony TV, has been in this industry from quite sometime now. She was a popular face inF.I.R. on SAB TV and currently along with Maharana Pratap she is also seen as Bulbul as Hum Ne Li Hai...Shapath on Life OK.

TellyBuzz decided to get in touch with the beautiful actress to know more about her and her character in the show.

How did your journey in this industry begin?

Well the journey in the industry hasn't been easy at all. I have struggled a lot to get into acting. Since childhood I used to do stage shows as a dancer. At the back of my mind I knew I wanted to become an actor at any cost.

Tell us more about yourself?

I have done my Masters in Economics as well as MBA from Dehradhun, and only after completing my degree I came to Mumbai. I worked in Mumbai and took up television. I did FIR on SAB TV. I did take one of the biggest risk in my career by getting into television and I also went against my father's wishes he never wanted me to get into the entertainment industry but as we say one shouldn't leave our passion and love. I followed my heart and decided to continue with my passion.

Did you struggle in the industry?

Yes, I have struggled for almost two years. However, there was a time phase in my life when I have struggled a lot to achieve my goals. During my struggling days I used to teach under privileged children as well as I was an active member and follower of the Art of Living. All that gave me hope motivation and all more belief in me. I used to conduct stress management classes as well. After which I got a meaty role in FIR, and later a serious role in Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath on Life OK and now, I can say I am very much content in my life.

Tell us in brief about your role in Maharana Pratap?

It's a very composed role with different traits and shades. I was always interested in historical shows and since childhood I liked reading and learning about history. I am glad to do a role like this... the costumes, the makeup, the jewellery everything is just perfect. I won't deny that the costume is heavy and we have to wear it for hours together but wearing that costume makes me feel like a queen. It's not just the costume, the entire look and the set is quite soothing. Everyone on the sets is quite warm and friendly although they are very senior actors but despite being senior they are very helpful and humble. Coming to the dialogue delivery, I must say, I did feel the heat initially delivering dialogues but now it's become quite easy for me.

How is it working with the young actor, Faisal Khan?

Faisal Khan is a wonder kid by all means... very nice, cute, matured and understanding. I wish I get a kid like Faisal! He is simply perfect and I am sure he will be a super star some day.

Is Maharana Pratap only about war or it has some other elements?

The show is not only about war, it's also about, love, commitment, trust and relationships. I would say my character Sajja Bai is very different. She is colorful and vibrant. Sajja Bai is shown to be a comic who is insecure, yet loving as well, but one thing is for sure that she will never ever turn negative. I am enjoying every second of the show. The show talks about relationship with each and every individual, whether it is mother-son, a husband and wife chemistry, the emotions a mother has for her kids. The jealousy that she develops over a period of time.

You are doing two shows how do you balance out both?

We get our days off and I juggle between the shoots. It's not difficult at all.

What are your future plans?

I have lots to do before I sleep, and I would love to get into dance shows, anchoring as well as do movies. Like every actor I too dream of movies, but as of now I am here to stay with Maharana Pratap.

Lastly, any message to fans?

I would like to thank all my fans for loving and supporting me till date. I assure you I will entertain you guys forever.

Here's wishing Divyalaksmi all the success and happiness in her career.